Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:17pm
post #211 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

icon_cry.gificon_redface.gif I have to say it.....I did gain those 6 pounds back! I really don't understand how though. I didn't much portion wise and very little sweets. Yet I guess what I did eat stuck! Plus I have also been told at certain times of the month you retain water no matter what. I am hoping that is some of this. I am really discouraged though. I guess my goals will just remain the same. It almost makes me wanna say to heck with it and eat till I blow up! icon_cry.gif

2sdae! you are not quitting! not with all of this love and support to see you through this....maybe it is getting close to that time (you know what i mean?) my pants are cutting into me so hard that i think my head is swelling...it is getting close for me too.....do not give up!

Tallulah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallulah Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:35pm
post #212 of 2524

Hi all!

I did not lose weight this week. I have no excuses. I cheated yesterday and ate about 8 oatmeal cookies. 4 more after I posted yesterday. I figured what the hell right? If you are going to cheat, cheat all the way. icon_twisted.gif

I know, I know, it's wrong. I'm going to try harder this week. I promise! I need to lose this weight! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

As for last weeks goals:

1. Not met, unless rolling fondant is considered exercise
2. I didn't eat much for two days. Does that count as portion control?
3. Not met. I did not remove the unhealthy snacks from my pantry, but DH made a big dent on them this week.
4. Not met. No positive reinforcement given.

These are my goals for next week:

1. Try to exercise at least 5 days this week.
2. Eat smaller meals more often
3. Try the positive reinforment!
4. Keep away from the oatmeal raisin cookies. (They are calling me, and I'm at work!)

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 3:14pm
post #213 of 2524

Okay, sounds like most of us had a rough week. We HAVE to cut ourselves some slack! It was a holiday. At least we are aware of our missteps and are working to get back on track. NO TALK OF GIVING UP!! We can do it and we WILL do it! We'll do better this week!

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 3:54pm
post #214 of 2524

Well I didn't do so well either. Didn't hit the gym once, though me and my hubby got sick one after the other so stress was doubled over christmas. I weighed in at 224.5 thats 1.5 lbs back. icon_cry.gif

My goals: Drink my water, all of it, I'm only getting about 1/2
Hit the Gym (kids go back to school tuesday so this will be easier) I will pat myself on the back for walking the puppy 20 minutes twice a day, it's a slow pace but it's exercise.
Buy a pedometer and new food journal and come up with an eating plan.

Bring on the new year. thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 4:32pm
post #215 of 2524

I just have to say how much this group is helping me. It is such a help to have so much support and to know that I'm not alone in the struggle. I felt just awful when I weighed in this morning icon_cry.gif , but you guys are helping me a lot. THANKS EVERYONE!! icon_biggrin.gif I may not be losing much weight yet, but you are doing wonders for my peace of mind.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 4:42pm
post #216 of 2524

Shelbur10: I know what you mean! Even though we have yet really started to loose weight, who knows how much we would have gained if we didnt have our club in the back of our minds. I came here to get talked out of the cupcake I really want to eat. I have some in the freezer and some leftover BC. I know I shouldnt eat it, but I want it. I know it will only take me a minute to eat it, but I will feel guilty the rest of the day if I do. I know I really should just throw out the leftover bc, or at least stick it in the freezer. I am effectively talking myself out of eating it. Good. I know I will let myself down as well as the group. I think if we are all doing our best and sticking to it, it will help us all stay on track. okay, I am not eating it.

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 4:49pm
post #217 of 2524

I have some bar-b-que chips in there screaming at me, left over white chocolate cake and chocolate ganache from the cake balls I had to make last minute last night and some white chocolate icing as well. But I am resisting with all my might!!!! icon_eek.gif Let's keep this going girls.... I need it!!!! icon_cry.gif

shelbur10 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 5:07pm
post #218 of 2524

Here's an old saying I heard somewhere...a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips... I think that will be my new mantra! LOL

springlakecake Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 1:26pm
post #219 of 2524

toot toot! I am just tooting my own horn. I was really good yesterday with my eating. I resisted the cupcake I talked about yesterday and the only thing I ended up treating myself with was a small glass of wine at night. I went to kickboxing class, came home and took a relaxing bath...this is where the wine comes in. But I am proud! I have to take the kiddies to Chuck E Cheese today, but I think I will just get a salad since the pizza isnt that good. I dont want to waste all those calories on so so pizza.

2sdae Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 1:40pm
post #220 of 2524

Yay Merissa! I hear on wasting good calories! I managed to only eat a few of those chips with turkey breast on no bread! Drank almost all my water and deff did my exercise as I de-christmased my house from top to bottom. Up and down those attic steps and up and down those basement steps! Plus a sickly 2 year old kept me hoppin all day too. icon_rolleyes.gif But I got through it! So.......CHARGE!!!!!!!

shelbur10 Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 1:44pm
post #221 of 2524

awesome, Merissa!! I was good yesterday, too...nothing like a weight gain to get you back on track!! DH talked me into making homemade Chex mix last night, but I only had a couple of pieces, then put it away...unlike him, who crunched nonstop for 10 minutes! Would be so much easier to do this if he would give up the junk food!! He's got a good 50 lbs to lose, too, but isn't really interested in working on it.

springlakecake Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 7:26pm
post #222 of 2524

Okay got back for Chuck e Cheese. i did pretty well, I had a salad and 1/2 a piece of pizza. For some reason it tasted better today. Probably because I told myself I couldnt have any.

2sdae Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 9:13pm
post #223 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Okay got back for Chuck e Cheese. i did pretty well, I had a salad and 1/2 a piece of pizza. For some reason it tasted better today. Probably because I told myself I couldnt have any.

Clapping for ya!!!!! I did have a medium fry and 6 chix nuggets for the first time in like 7 months. icon_redface.gif But I am working on that water and lots of up and down steps!!!!!

springlakecake Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 10:02pm
post #224 of 2524

mmmmm I love chicken nuggets and fries....To be honest I had some last saturday.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 10:33pm
post #225 of 2524

You all are so inspiring. I'd like to join in too.

My problem is I'm 46 so my metabolism has slowed down. In the last year I've gained 20 lbs, which doesn't sound like much, but it's 2 sizes up since I'm only 5'2" (140lbs) and it's ALL around my stomach.

I have completely quit sodas and sweets and still haven't lost 1 lb. It's very depressing icon_sad.gif

I read somewhere that stress causes women to gain weight around their stomachs, can I still lose this by diet and exercise even though I still have stress? I can't stand not fitting into my clothes, I look pregnant! Not real pretty at my age.

This week:

1) no sweets (I've had quit a bit since it is Xmas)
2) water or black coffee only
3) prune roses, yard work (no sitting around)

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 10:50pm
post #226 of 2524

Sweetflowers you can do it!! We're all here to support each other through it. You just have to change your way of thinking. Instead of saying you can't lose weight because of stress say to yourself that you have to lose weight or you will be stressed.

Not that I take my own advice icon_cry.gif . Yesterday I was so bad. I had McDonalds meal for lunch and pigged out on chocolate last night.

Great work everyone and good luck for today!!thumbs_up.gif
Mary

springlakecake Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 11:28pm
post #227 of 2524

Welcome sweetflowers! We are a really supportive group and I think you will like it here. I am only 31, but I too feel like my metabolism has slowed down. It is just a lot harder to loose weight than it used to be. I decided it just means I have to work harder. It's not fair, but it is life. I know it can be done and I plan on proving it. I know how to eat and exercise, I just havent been committed to it enough for some time now. I agree with MaryK about the stress. I think about wanting to loose weight all of the time (like that commercial where the ladies are dragging around the scale...do you guys know it? Too funny!) That is exactly how I feel. I feel guilty when I eat something I know I shouldnt, I feel like I let myself down when I dont maintain a healthy lifestyle, I feel like I am letting myself go when my clothes dont fit. I hate that feeling and I think that adds tremendously to my stress level. Of course I have other stressors too, but maybe if I feel better about myself that will help. Plus exercise is supposed to be a natural stress reliever right? I feel great *after* I have had a good workout. Anyway, I know we can ALL do it. Some of us might have to work 2 or 3 times as hard as others, but I think all is possible. I am not saying we cant have a day off or a treat now and then (it is well deserved) but I just cant do it everyday anymore. Good luck everyone! WE CAN DO IT!

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 1:29am
post #228 of 2524

Count me in. I am the fatest I've been since I was 9 month pregnant with my son!! I joined WW and lost 20 lbs. a couple of years back. Since then I rejoined twice (meetings at work) and dropped out twice. I joined the gym 2 weeks ago but haven't started yet.....too much things to do these past 2 weeks but will definately start next week (new year!!). I will love to join this group but I cannot go online everyday (have to kick hubby out of computer) so please bear with me if I cannot reply daily.

PS. I bought the Sonoma Diet recipe book last week. I had the book since last Spring but haven't tried it. My first attempt is to take one day at a time and to start eating healthy at least one meal a day to start, and to go to the gym 2 - 3 times a week.

Good luck to all and lets try to at least be concious (sp?) about what we eat as we ring in 2007. I'll try my best!!

Maybe is a good idea to at least jot down what we eat or what we ate and we should not have eaten here to get motivation. I know that if we all stick together we can do this!!

Naty

Rambo Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 2:33am
post #229 of 2524

It's official. I have not cooked a real dinner in a whole week now. icon_sad.gif The last thing I actualy put in my oven that came even close to a meal were TV dinners and that was last friday. (We did party trays for Christmas, that doesn't really count as real food) I have OD'd on fast food and sweets. I just tossed the left over rum cake and the cake balls I made for Christmas, along with a brick of my grandma's fudge ( the stuff in the freezer is going to work with DH next week). I am not a New Years resolution type of girl, but after all that crap I am so going to start eating better. party.gif I swear I can feel the grease and sugar trying to move thru my blood but it's all just too heavy. YUCK!!! thumbsdown.gif

Sorry if I grossed anyone out but I had to get that off my chest, I'm off for some antacid and maybe a walk.

springlakecake Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 1:05pm
post #230 of 2524

Welcome Naty! Good to have a new member! Here is a rundown if you didnt read the whole thread. Thurdays we are doing a weigh in and weight loss (if you feel comfortable) report on previous weeks goals (and write yourself some measurable goals for the upcoming week (like I will exercise 4 times this week or I will drink 64 ounces of water daily etc). On Mondays: motivational mondays...regroup after a tough weekend! Wednesdays: No cheat Wednesdays. Try not to cheat on your diet (well that goes for everyday, but try extra hard on wednesdays) Come anytime for support or to chat or to give us some tips! We are going to do this!

I am currently watching my family eat these ginormous double chocolate chip muffins. I am not having one. I am not having one. I am not having one. I am not having one. weekends are tough!

congrats Rambo on tossing stuff out! I have done a little of that lately too. I hate throwing out good food, but sometimes it has to be done. Otherwise it will be sticking around on my thighs for a long time!

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 1:43pm
post #231 of 2524

Hi Merissa,

Thank you for your welcome. I don't have a scale at home (hubby refuses to buy one...he should be dieting too icon_rolleyes.gif ), anyway I could only weigh in on the weekend when I go food shopping and they have a scale there. Is that OK? I will try my best to log on Mondays and Thursdays if I can, if not will do so as soon as I am able to.

We all need this support...thank you so much everyone!!!!

I could pass along some tips from my WW classes (which I'm sure are not new to anyone):

1) Eat when you are hungry, not b/c the food is there (yeah, I know, easier said than done).
2) Do your 8 glasses of water....1 before lunch or dinner is good b/c it will "fill you up" (I do the crystal light).
3) Eat slow (this I try to do).
4) Eat salad first (this does work...it fills you up before you get the big 10 oz steak with the baked potato).
5) My passion is sweets......I do SF yellow or the Light and Fit Yogurt.

Today I will not diet...sorry, its my anniversary and plan on going out with a bang. Will start Monday...I swear!!! Will go weigh in Sunday and report to yall. Last time I weigh 162 I'm sure it has gone up icon_sad.gif

Talk to you soon,
Naty

springlakecake Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 4:14pm
post #232 of 2524

Naty: Great tips, thanks for sharing. You dont HAVE to weigh in on Thursdays, or at all if you dont want to. You can come and go as you want to, there are no formal rules except to be honest and encouraging! We just did some organizing to keep it interesting and motivating.

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 8:40pm
post #233 of 2524

I know, I know, I'm late. Sorry but this week has been a doozy. Okay, I stood on the scale this morning and I'm pretty sure before it gave me the number it reached up and slapped me right in the face. No good at all. I'm certain I'm retaining water and I'm certain it's about that time so I refuse to claim all the weight as my own. I did gain and it was a shocking amount, in fact if I sat and ate all day every day I don't know that I would have expected to gain that much.

Anyway, I know what I did (and didn't do). I didn't exercise enough, I hardly drank any water in the last two days, I ate really late and I ate really sodium and fat packed food.

Now, I believe I have that all out of my system so you ladies will be hearing much better news from me next week.

In the meantime, I am in potty training mode with my little one and I am going to resist the special treats that I got for her. After all, I already know how to tinkle on the potty!

Rambo Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 8:46pm
post #234 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtrying

Okay, I stood on the scale this morning and I'm pretty sure before it gave me the number it reached up and slapped me right in the face. !

This made me laugh so hard tea almost shot out of my nose. Maybe that's what I need, a scale that slaps me every time I gain, or electric shock therapy.

Good luck potty training. I'm working on a puppy right now and I swear bribing the kids was way easier than this.

Rambo Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 3:45pm
post #235 of 2524

I am so excited. My DH and I just had our 10year anniversary, a couple days ago and to celebrate we're shipping the kids to grandma's for a weekend and heading out to Vegas. (In May) So now I have some Strong motivation.

Anyway, I'm working on setting up reminders of my motivation and CC seemed like a good place to start since I'm here all the time. I've got Ray for my avatar because we're going to go see him while we're there, and a new quote, but how on earth do you do a ticker tape thing? I made one up but I can't figure out how to post it here.

I am SO excited. Wait I already said that huh?! Not only do I get my hubby all to myself for a long weekend, the last time I had a trip to go on (last year) I managed to lose 25 lbs in 3 months.

YEAHH!!! (insert dancing smiley)

springlakecake Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 4:00pm
post #236 of 2524

lucky you lucky you! That will be great motivation! YOu can do it!

To do the ticker you need to copy and paste the thing (the words or code or whatever it gives you underneath the ticker after you created it) to you signature line. That was clear as mud right?

Rambo Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 4:20pm
post #237 of 2524

Actually that made sense. I was using the wrong cut and paste box I guess. Thanks, Now I think I'll make a paper chain (works for kids right)

shelbur10 Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 1:27pm
post #238 of 2524

Happy New Year, everyone!! I am so excited! I weighed this morning, since I cooked so much all weekend for the New Year's party that I actually forgot to eat...I have lost 3 of the 5 lbs I gained last week! icon_biggrin.gif Must have been water retention from all the sodas I drank. There's some motivation to stick with the water. I admit, I did a fair amount of snacking at the party last night, and I'm certain that sangria and champagne aren't on the diet, icon_lol.gif but I must not have done that much damage.
Now it's a new year and time to toss all those Christmas goodies!! No more junk in my house, since I've already proven that I have ZERO self control.

2sdae Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 2:38pm
post #239 of 2524

Yay everyone seems to be having a good start to our new years. I just weighed in at 124! I too must've been retaining water. Probably from all the salty food I munched on and just that gool ol mother nature to boot. icon_rolleyes.gif So I feel better now that I am only 1 lb up on the scales instead of 6. So new years fat cells.....prepare to fight! icon_confused.gif

springlakecake Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 2:47pm
post #240 of 2524

Jury is still out for me! I feel like I have been so good this week. I have had so much salad I think I am turning green. I did snack some yesterday and I planned to have the evening off last night for partying of course. But I weighed myself this morning and it said I gained like 2 pounds! I just should have waited until Thursday to weigh in. I just dont feel like i could have gained that much. I think i will just wait until Thursday to check again. I have to try and not get discouraged! I know I can do this. I am excited to take my little ipod shuffle to the gym and try it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%