Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 2524

Hi, my name is Tuesday I am a 31 year old mother of two. A 13 year old and a 2 year old. I am so totally addicted to sweets and goodies. I went from 225 to 119 in the last three years and now since decorating I have gone back up to 127 as of this morning and being only 5'3 doesn't help. As this may seem slight to you it's an up hill battle for me. Especially being a stay at home Mom. I cook for my family as healthy as poss and love to bake and make everything from scratch or doctor it up so you'd never know I got it out of the box. icon_razz.gif I LOVE FOOD! All types. And have a baaaaaaaaad habit of tasting it, sampling it and just consuming it as I go. Cup cakes slide down my throat at lightening speed. I love to give homebaked goodies to my family for the holidays and birthdays. My DH is 5'11 and weighs 150, icon_rolleyes.gif and has since we were 16! Boys are yucky! That being said, Come on in here and join me to loose the wieght and encourage eachother to do this. Not just for our weight, but for ourselves as a whole. We can weigh in every Thursday and check in every Monday to get through that weekend guilt and re-up on our strength for the week to come. So I invite you all, the bread munchers, the cake leftover scroungers, the cupcake consumers, the everything that doesn't move shovers! icon_wink.gif We shall over come this evil called the scale and dance freely through our kitchens creating our delicious and awesome desserts without destroying our cake budgets with the need to cloth our ever expanding waists! thumbs_up.gif

2,523 replies
springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:00pm
post #2 of 2524

Okay I made it over here! My name is Merissa, I am 5 7" and I weighed in at 150.8 this morning. (it's weigh in Thursday's right Tuesday?) I would like to at least get below 140, but I would be really happier to be 135 pounds. I do know what to do as far as diet and exercise are concerned, and I do like healthy food. But I also really like pizza, burgers, fries, and well cake tasting of course! I am aslo a SAHM, which is difficult when you are around the kitchen all the time and have kids asking for snacks. I get tired at the end of the week and dont feel like cooking, that is when the pizza comes into play, and I feel like I am getting a break. Well today my son has a christmas program at preschool and cookies afterward (i made santa cupcakes instead of course, they are cute take a look in my gallery!) But I am vowing to our club I will not eat a cookie today (or a cupcake!). Promise. Oh and I am also 31!

shelbur10 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 2524

Thank goodness we've got each other!! My name is Shellie, I'm a 31 yo mom of two, a 7yo and 4 yo. I am 5'7" and weighed in this morning at (gulp) 189. Two years ago I lost 80 lbs by eating healthy, working out daily and drinking nothing but water. I have gained back 45 lbs in less than a year! It's so scary how fast it sneaks up on you! I love to bake, my DH loves to cook, too, and we both have to watch our weight like hawks. (although he doesn't he just moans about being fat then asks when I'm making more cookies! lol) I started my daily workouts this morning and got all the soda out of the house yesterday. I am at high risk for type 2 diabetes, have high blood pressure and am struggling now with a back injury. It's imperative that I get my weight under control now so I can be a healthy and happy example for my kids. So, no taste testing while I do my holiday baking this weekend!!

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:15pm
post #4 of 2524

I am so frightened of this weekend...I have 2 pound cakes and 2 tierd cakes all due in next week!!!! I need super-glue here girls!!!!! For my lips! icon_lol.gif
Glad to see all!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
P.S Merissa your santas are adorable!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

sweetsbycheryl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 2524

My name is Cheryl and I weighed in this morning at 156- I lost a lot of weight when I first got sick (down to 102) but put it all back on thanks to all the steroids I was on initially. My goal is to lose 25 pounds and to keep myself healthy.

jelligirl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:18pm
post #6 of 2524

good morning everyone.....my name is crystal and i am 5'4 and i weigh about 190 (my ticker is wrong icon_sad.gif).....i had gone down to 126lbs at one time and thought i was cute and stopped working out....i ballooned back up to 180 lbs., went on weight watchers and lost 20lbs and gained it back and then some icon_sad.gif.....i had lost 8 lbs but had put it back on over the last few weeks....i honestly think i have an eating disorder...my mind tells me that that one last chicken wing won't hurt me or i can eat that candy bar because i can walk it off...after i eat i feel nauseated and tell myself that it is the last time that i am going to do that....i know i eat when i am stressed but you know what....i rarely eat cake icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif ...i would have thought that would have been the culprit but its not...hmmmm...i sit in a cubicle all day and try to get out for walks....i don't go to a gym because everytime i join, i go for a little while and then stop going and my money gets wasted....fat at forty is not where i wanted to be in my life icon_sad.gif ....is this going to be a weekly thing?

crystal

shelbur10 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:24pm
post #7 of 2524

Be strong, Tuesday... when you're making those cakes, just focus on your goal!! No matter how tasty that cake is, it's not better than reaching your goal. I have found, if I don't taste at all, I'm much better off than if I take just one taste, then just one more, then just five cupcakes...

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:28pm
post #8 of 2524

icon_sad.gif ....is this going to be a weekly thing?

crystal[/quote]
We are here everyday! I and some others were just kinda brainstorming and we started this outa that. So far we have said weigh ins every Thursday, and deff chin up and encouragement sessions every Monday. Feel free to drop in every day for some support and general loving advice or just whatever. We are here to support eachother and motivate eachother as needed. So WELCOME ALL!!!!!

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:31pm
post #9 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

Be strong, Tuesday... when you're making those cakes, just focus on your goal!! No matter how tasty that cake is, it's not better than reaching your goal. I have found, if I don't taste at all, I'm much better off than if I take just one taste, then just one more, then just five cupcakes...

I shall not eat a crumb, nor taste a batter. Besides these are tried and true recipes...no need to taste what I already know is good and moist. Now....how not to eat the new caramel icing from Toba Garrett's new book that I so want to use....... icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:31pm
post #10 of 2524

I have an idea and suggestion for our club. How about when you weigh in on Thursdays, you also write yourself a meausurable goal for the week. When you weigh in again the following thursday, you report on your goal and write a new one or stay with the same goal. Good idea?

Weight : 150.8 Goal weight: 135 Weight lost so far: 0

Okay here is my goals for the week:
1. Dont eat at the preschool program this morning.
2. Follow my eating plan at least 6 days this week.
3. Exercise at least 3 times this week.
4. Drink my 8 glasses of water each day.

shelbur10 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:32pm
post #11 of 2524

I don't know about everyone else, but I am here pretty much every day (what my boss doesn't know won't hurt him) and I will probably be checking this thread quite often...

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:34pm
post #12 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

I have an idea and suggestion for our club. How about when you weigh in on Thursdays, you also write yourself a meausurable goal for the week. When you weigh in again the following thursday, you report on your goal and write a new one or stay with the same goal. Good idea?

Weight : 150.8 Goal weight: 135

Okay here is my goals for the week:
1. Dont eat at the preschool program this morning.
2. Follow my eating plan at least 6 days this week.
3. Exercise at least 3 times this week.
4. Drink my 8 glasses of water each day.

YES! HHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM........

1. No taste testing my cakes or batters.
2. Drink my 10 - 8 oz glasses of water every day.
3. No icing or fondant decorations shall pass my lips!
4. Loose 2 lbs. by neaxt thursday???? Maybe 1 lbs. is a little more realistic.

jelligirl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:35pm
post #13 of 2524
Quote:

I don't know about everyone else, but I am here pretty much every day (what my boss doesn't know won't hurt him) and I will probably be checking this thread quite often...

most definitely icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bluehen92 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:36pm
post #14 of 2524

Ok, I just got off the scale and I weigh 170. My immediate goal is to be 150, and then I'll work from there. Losing 2 pounds a week, I'm looking at the end of February.

These next two weekends are going to be hard for me too - this Saturday is my daughters birthday party with her friends, and next Saturday is her real birthday, so we'll have a family party then. I'll also be making cupcakes to send in to school next Friday. Then, of course, there is the Christmas cookie making to do next week, and this year the kids want to leave cupcakes for Santa instead of cookies. I'm not particularly tempted by the massive amounts of "regular" food we'll be having on Christmas at my in-laws, it's these sweets I'll be making beforehand!

I'll be on the treadmill today after my son goes to school & drinking lots of water!

-Lisa

P.S. Thank you to Merissa for starting the original thread & 2sdae for starting this one. Let's go ladies!

jelligirl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:36pm
post #15 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

crystal

We are here everyday! I and some others were just kinda brainstorming and we started this outa that. So far we have said weigh ins every Thursday, and deff chin up and encouragement sessions every Monday. Feel free to drop in every day for some support and general loving advice or just whatever. We are here to support eachother and motivate eachother as needed. So WELCOME ALL!!!!![/quote]

thank you tuesday icon_biggrin.gif

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:36pm
post #16 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelligirl

Quote:

most definitely icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Ditto...since my 2 year old and household duties are my boss!
Note to self:cake and sweets are not in control! icon_rolleyes.gif

shelbur10 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:38pm
post #17 of 2524

Good idea, Merissa!

Weight: 189 Goal Weight: 140 Weight Lost:0

This week's goals:
1. Work out every day
2. Drink nothing except water and coffee(black)
3. No fast food or pizza this weekend
4. No chips or salty snacks at all (my biggest temptation)

springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:41pm
post #18 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelligirl

crystal

No, but we will just report weekly on your weight and goals for the week. Check in anytime for support!

jelligirl Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:42pm
post #19 of 2524

my goals?

current weight: approx. 190lbs - goal weight: 135 lbs.

1. leave the chicken wings and all fast food alone!!!
2. drink more water
3. get more active (i like walking in the evenings)
4. do not beat myself up during my quest...i am going to try and not get depressed if the weight does not come off as quickly as i had thought...

bluehen92 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:12pm
post #20 of 2524

My first goal for this week is to eat only one serving of birthday cake! I am already planning on giving some away to two other parents who will be helping out at the party, so hopefully we won't have much left to bring home.

My second goal is to treadmill 5 times this week.

-Lisa

springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:14pm
post #21 of 2524

oooo! I have one more idea. To add to your weekly profile of current weight, goal weight, weight loss and weekly goals, how about add what you are going to do once you hit your short or long term goal. For example, buy a bikini or something.

I plan to buy something sexy to wear for my husband...maybe for valentines day (i hope!) As my husband complains about my shapeless torn pajamas. I havent really had out the sexy stuff much since our honeymoon.

shelbur10 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:42pm
post #22 of 2524

hmm, the only reward I can think of for myself is a giant pig-out - guess that kind of defeats the purpose!! I will have to think of a reward for myself.

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:56pm
post #23 of 2524

Reward.......hhhhhhmmmmmmm. How about a class with Toba Garrett, or some other really good person! Sounds good to me.

Oh, and I just made my first pound cake and as I started to lick that beater and scraper I got in one lick and quickly threw it in the soapy water!!!!! icon_razz.gif

4dollars Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:58pm
post #24 of 2524

Can I join in??? I'm 28 and 5'4, 160lbs. (Yuck, I hate writing stuff like that) My goal is some where between 125 -135. I USED to be the girl everyone hated, could eat anything and every thing and never gain an ounce. My doc used to tell me to put wt on (I used to weigh around 100 even) Then after kids (11 yr old & 6 yr old boys) and general life, I grew out! (not up!)

This is a neat idea!
My goals for this week:
1. drink more water!
2. get on treadmill at least 4 times, maybe 5
3. lay off of the Dr. Pepper!

shelbur10 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:06pm
post #25 of 2524

One other tip I got from my disgustingly tiny sister... when she's done eating in a restaurant, she will put her napkin on her plate so she won't be tempted to 'pick' until they take her plate away. Also, brush your teeth right after dinner to help avoid evening snacking. Good idea having a sink of soapy water to remove batter/frosting/filling temptations immediately!

Welcome, 4dollars! The more the merrier! I am so excited about this now. Thanks for getting it together, you guys! thumbs_up.gif

notjustanycake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:24pm
post #26 of 2524

Hi Everyone

I'm Gayl. I just weighed in at 177.5 and my goal is 145. I'm 5'7" and 39 years old. I would love to be at my goal weight in October when I turn the BIG 40!!! I don't care how old I am as long as I don't feel it,and carrying this extra weight is starting to wear on me. I'm so excited to have all this support. I too will be checking in daily. I can't wait to hear about everbody's success. I just know we will all reach our goals.

My goals this week:

Leave the diet soda alone.
Drink my 10 glasses of water every day
Do some sort of excercise at least 3 times this week.

HoosierMomOf5 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:30pm
post #27 of 2524

Ok, since nobody else as large as me has posted yet, I'm going to assume 1 of two things. #1. The bigger ones among us are ebarrassed by those who are starting out at our goal weights (I know I am!) or #2 I'm really the only one over 200lbs. Tell me, someone PLEASE tell me that I"m not the only one. icon_eek.gif LOL

I started last March and in three months lost 40lbs. Then summer hit with barbecues, picnics, reunions, and the beginning of my cake decorating obsession. I've gained all but two pounds back...as of this morning.

I'm 5'3" and (brace yourself ladies) 232lbs. Now, you all thought YOU were fat!

Vanessa

Rambo Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:45pm
post #28 of 2524

Okay ladies, I've been lurking since the original thread, mostly just to see if you moved. I am 31 yo SAHM of two boys, 5 and 6.5 years old. I am 5'4" and I weigh 225 lbs. (I can't believe I just put that out on the world wide web). I too never feel this big until I'm in a mirror out of the house. (I swear the ones in my home have been trained to lie) I lost 25lbs on WW about this time last year, which was my short term goal for a trip I was going on. The problem was I hit a plateau and that just drained the motivation right out of me. I have gained back 10 of the 25 and that's enough. My ideal weight is my highschool weight of 145lbs. After two kids I think this is pretty realistic. I've always had hips and boobs and that's okay with me, and my hubby icon_wink.gif

I have been attempting to lose weight since my last baby and after 5 years I've learned alot about my own personal weeknesses. If I try to do too much at once I will crash and burn and then spend a month gorging on sweets to console myself. So my goals, to start, are for the rest of December

Drink my 64oz of water daily
Exercise 5/6 days a week (I already make it 3 so this really is a small adjustment)

Once the holidays are over I will focus more on food, but like I said I know only too well how it will go if I try to do more. I would like to say the one thing that really worked for me when I was working on what I'm actually eating, was a food diary. I'd sit down every night and figure out what I was going to eat the next day, including snacks and treats. I also tracked my fruits and Veggies, my water and my activity. Having a plan every morning helped me to feel in control.

I'm glad you all decided to start this little support group (or maybe not so little once word gets out). My DH struggles with his own weight and is very supportive and my good friend is my gym buddy, but I know I can use all the motivation I can get and watching you all succeed will be the best ever. thumbs_up.gif

Rambo Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:48pm
post #29 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierMomOf5

Ok, since nobody else as large as me has posted yet, I'm going to assume 1 of two things. #1. The bigger ones among us are ebarrassed by those who are starting out at our goal weights (I know I am!) or #2 I'm really the only one over 200lbs. Tell me, someone PLEASE tell me that I"m not the only one. icon_eek.gif LOL

Must have been posting about the same time. Don't worry, your not alone!

springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 4:02pm
post #30 of 2524

Hey guys!! Nobody should feel embarrassed! The beauty of this is that no one really "knows" eachother. I feel this way it is easy to be honest. It isnt like you are standing up in front of your friends and family telling them how much you weigh and what your goals and weaknesses are. I think the only rules here are to be supportive and completely honest.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%