Yep She Hated It...

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 11:28pm by woodthi32

KittyPTerror Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittyPTerror Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:11am
post #61 of 160

You know, that's just crap. She didn't even say anything specific about what was wrong with the cake. There's nothing wrong with that cake at all, and I think you need to send her an invoice with a note saying:

"I apologize you weren't happy with the cake. I left your home without recieving payment as I was concerned for my safety after you threw it. I have discounted it 10% to reflect your dissatisfaction. I will not be taking further cake orders from you because I feel that someone else could better meet your needs. I look forward to recieving your payment in full by next week."

2Cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2Cupcakes Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:12am
post #62 of 160

I just showed the cake and the post to my husband. He said that in NO way did the cake look amateur.

He's an attorney and his first response was SUE! lol Seriously though he said that he would take her to small claims court for the principle of it. There is a fee for filing a claim but you get it back when you win. judge.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:12am
post #63 of 160

So sorry you had to deal with such an insane b***h.
Personally, I love your cake and you did a great job on the bow.
Leave the cake in your photos, it's sure to inspire others.
If nothing else, I would send her an invoice. At
least it would help to release some frustration!!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:13am
post #64 of 160

Ok....being a martial artist, I should say, as I was trained, that one should always walk away from a fight if you can. However, my first instinct when I read this was "I would have punched that B*&^$ right in the face and walked out with my S#@&*% cake!"

I even showed the cake to my DH and he said it was beautiful and looked delicious enough "to dive into". So obviously she needs a good ass whoopin'. I only live about an hour from Kentucky. When do we leave?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Please tell me this crazo signed a contract. And from now on, add a rush fee to all of your last minute orders. And collect it in advance. Don't let this nut deter you.....that cake is beautiful. None of this is your fault.

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:15am
post #65 of 160

I think your cake is beautiful and the bow was gorgeous. You must have been very frightened. It has been in my experience that people who behave in such extreme manners are some kind of addict. I would stay far away from her.

jaitee69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaitee69 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:34am
post #66 of 160

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. I would love to know what has happened to the humanity in the US. We're supposed to be tops in everything, but a ruder race - not ALL of us - I've not ever had the privledge (ha) to meet. Some people need a slap of reality to remind them how to treat other people. Your cake is beautiful and no one, not even your own mama, has the right to speak to you that way. I'd love to start the small claims process just to see the look on her face when the got the summons in the mail!

Chin up girl - you did a great job and you certainly do deserve to be paid in full for your work.

Deanna

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:34am
post #67 of 160

Your cake is beautiful! I expected to see a big mess of a cake when I clicked on your picture but it is absolutely beautiful! You are not at fault in any way (((HUG)))

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:36am
post #68 of 160

I am soo sorry this happened to you! I can not believe it, people can be really rude! The only thing you should've done was take your B E A U T I F U L cake home with you BUT on the other hand, I can relate, I bet she just caught you off guard and you did the right thing by leaving!

Now that you are breathing again, I would call her and ask her if she served your cake to her guests, if she didn't, then tell her that you are on your way to pick it up and if she no longer has a cake, meaning she DID serve it, then tell her to expect an invoice on the mail.

(((hugs))) and keep us posted! Good luck!

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:42am
post #69 of 160

what a mole!!!!!! tell the ole cow to bake her own bloody cakes and lets see if she can do better. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

She obviously has no class or grace to have behaved in such a manner.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:44am
post #70 of 160

I can't believe you were treated that way for such a nicely decorated cake. The woman obviously has a problem, NOT YOU! It's a very pretty cake!! I know that it only takes one apple to spoil the whole bunch, but not if you take that apple out before it rots the rest. Her nasty mouth and attitude do not deserve your work. I hope her husband was completely appalled and let her know it after you left!

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:53am
post #71 of 160

Christi, Since one can never have too many hugs...here's one more for you
all the way from Michigan! (((((hug))))) I love your cake, not only is it beautiful, it's CHOCOLATE!!! What more can a person want!! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm in total agreement with all of the previous posters that said you should
now call her back, and tell her that you are coming over TO GET YOUR CAKE!
If she tells you that she no longer has it, tell her the invoice is in the mail and if she does not send payment ASAP, notify her that you will see her in court!
It will be worth the filing fee just to get the ol' so and so in front of a judge!

Hold you head high, keep doing the beautiful work that you're doing, and
don't let the miserable people in this world get YOU down...it's their problem,
not yours!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:58am
post #72 of 160

Christi, I feel for you, that was a nasty experience. My first thought also was you should have taken the cake home with you, but hindsight is easy & I can imagine how shocked you were, we don't always think fast in a situation like that. The cake is lovely, don't think of her anymore, she is not worth it. Why some people have to behave so badly is a mystery to me. Chin up girl.

daisy114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy114 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:00am
post #73 of 160

I'm so so sorry you had to deal with that! Your cake is beautiful! That does not look like a cake just thrown together! Trust me, what goes around comes around . Don't give a person like that a second thought. Again, I love your cake!

vitomiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitomiriam Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:10am
post #74 of 160

First of all, that cake is beautiful! You can teach me how to make a bow anyday. Second of all, that is the rudest, crasest, most obnoxious display of uncivilized behavior and honestly, she sounds like she needs medication. I would send her a bill for the cake. No way she should get it for free.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:20am
post #75 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narie

Christi- Walking away without the cake wasn't a mistake, under normal circumstances yes - no money, no cake. But it sounds like you ran into one of the wack jobs of this world. You were reacting on a gut instinct level- don't ignore that kind of signal. That's connected to the flight or fight response. You many not quite know what other signals you were picking up, but your survival instinct told you to get out of there. All we'd need is headline screaming 'Decorator hospitalized after fight over cake.'

I totally agree. It sounds like something is very wrong with her and you're description of being scared to death sounds like you knew something was off. Hopefully, her husband will contact you and make the payment.

I love your cake and it was very well done. I just wish I could get a cake done to look that good even with days of prep! icon_wink.gif You should not let this woman bother you. You did fantastic as you always do.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:31am
post #76 of 160

Okay, darling girl... you're from KY, I'm from KY, the atty's wife is from KY... let's get together and go get your money from that customer! icon_lol.gif
Seriously though, you have nothing to be ashamed of in that cake! You have to look at the situation like this: this was the customer's bad day, not yours. She had issues that had nothing to do with you and you just happened to show up and get the short end of the stick. Write it down and put it in your memory box then take it out in a year and laugh over it! Chin up, you took the high road and should be proud that you didn't wallow in her mud. thumbs_up.gif ---and DON' t remove that picture!

Blessings,
Wendy

Aaris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aaris Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:33am
post #77 of 160

Do you mind sharing how much money you quoted her? I was just curious to see what she thought she might get for what money. I can only imagine that you were more than reasonable-especially taking a last minute order like that. I just wanted to know if she was even crazier than we all think she is.

BTW- Beautiful cake. You should have dumped it on her head, sounds like her husband would have had your back icon_smile.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:35am
post #78 of 160

WHOA!! Now I haven't read all the posts but I'm sure I am echoing their sentiment... that cake is great! There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it on a technical level!! Now, did she want different colors or something? Who knows cause all she told you was chocolate and you gave it to her. I really expected to see some sort of mess when I clicked into your photos but there really, REALLY is nothing wrong with that beautiful cake.

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:36am
post #79 of 160

No way! I showed this to my Dh .He thinks she has problems that a medical profesional should address. There is NOTHING wrong with your cake. Keep it right where its at. In a proud spot in our gallery. Chin up Christi you do good work.

Prudence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prudence Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:36am
post #80 of 160

I agree with all of the posts: Screw her!! She should have made her own cake.

I think your cake is great. Don't remove it from the site. Be proud of what you personally accomplished in a short time. I think that you doing it and pushing yourself is worth a huge pat on the back.

We are always going to come across that nut case. I used to work in retail. I know ALL about the nut jobs that throw opened CD's at you because they can't return them opened!! icon_evil.gif

You are very talented. Keep pursuing your passion. Next time, take the cake with you. I bet that b*tch ate it anyway. icon_mad.gif

What comes around goes around.

cariage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cariage Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:38am
post #81 of 160

I can't believe that woman was so ugly to you. I looked at your cake and I think it was great. NOT at all amateurish. The angel in me says that you did the right thing by leaving and not fighting. but the devil in me says you should have picked the cake up and thrown it at her!!! LOL

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:41am
post #82 of 160

I just showed my DH and he agrees with me ... but his additional two cents is to send her to collections. He say shes gonna talk bad about you no matter what already so then REALLY piss her off!! icon_smile.gif Imagine her face!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:45am
post #83 of 160

I agree with all the posts, there is NOTHING at all wrong with this cake. I think she got what she wanted though from you. A FREE CAKE, send her a bill. The nerve of her. icon_evil.gif

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:49am
post #84 of 160

I suspect that their was something else going on in that room before you came in. A fight between them, I don't know whatever. But it sounds like you got bad end of her own issues. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. The cake is beautiful.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 2:58am
post #85 of 160

Nah, Christi, this chick had her panties in a wad long before you showed up at her door! Maybe that mouse mouthed hubby of hers needs to stand his ground and make things right with you! Can you contact him instead of her? Crabby old bitch anyway! I am sooooo sorry this happened to you!!! Your cake is very cute and well decorated and the colors are very nice for the Fall season! I am betting this had nothing to do at all with your cake and you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Stand proud and DON'T let the likes of her get you down! Maybe you should go look outside and see if you can find her flying around on her broom somewhere! icon_mad.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:05am
post #86 of 160

I didn't read the whole thread here so, sorry if I am reiterating!
IS SHE NUTS! I would be amazed if a cake like that was given to me without any instructions! I mean, she just said chocolate!

Let me say this. I think this is something in the lesson book for you! 2 words: LAST MINUTE!! DON'T TAKE ANY MORE ORDERS LAST minute!!!! Sometimes we have to have something bad happen to get ourselves to stop doing something. Next time you will think of this incident and you will stop and think and then decline the order. You shouldn't have been treated like this and you shouldn't allow yourself to be!

DON'T REMOVE THE PIC!!!YOUR CAKE IS BEAUTIFUL!!

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:08am
post #87 of 160

You should tell her to go jump in a lake because your cake just ended up on the most popular cakes added today on the front page...your cake is very pretty and she didnt tell you what kinda cake she wanted so that is her friggin problem. Send her an invoice and never make her another cake. I would have been highly POd and would have went off on her if it were me. You kept your cool which i have a problem doing..lol

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:09am
post #88 of 160

First, I want to say that I think your cake is lovely, it looks delicious, and the bow is gorgeous!
Second, that woman is crazy and has some serious self control issues.

This whole situation reminds me of a quote I once heard (I don't know who said it):

You can judge a person's character by observing how they treat people who offer service.

You know the people I mean... the one who screams at a waiter because the food is cold... the one who speaks condescendingly to a sales clerk in a store... the doctor who treats a nurse like s/he is stupid. We have all seen them in action. They show their true colors when they treat others badly. Character and integrity are what leave the lasting impression on others. Just as a lack of character does.

It costs nothing to be kind to others. And it earns so much in self respect.

I am so sorry this rude, arrogant woman treated you that way. You did not deserve it. Send her a bill for what she owes you. Better yet, send it to her husband.

Then never give her another thought.

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:16am
post #89 of 160

I, like the others, expected to see a mess of cake, but it is absolutely cute and adorable!!

She got free delivery and a free cake, or at least she thinks!

Send her a bill, and make sure you keep that originial pic, because she may have slammed that cake on the table on purpose to take a pic and say it was ruined.

I would have left with the cake, my hubby would have loved to eat it!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:22am
post #90 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdrsolo

I, like the others, expected to see a mess of cake, but it is absolutely cute and adorable!!

She got free delivery and a free cake, or at least she thinks!

Send her a bill, and make sure you keep that originial pic, because she may have slammed that cake on the table on purpose to take a pic and say it was ruined.

I would have left with the cake, my hubby would have loved to eat it!

OOO!!! I AGREE!!!!

SEND THIS BIATCH A BILL!!! you know where she lives! She got a cake and you delivered it and that's all you need.

I just wanted to say that I am literally sick over hearing this type of rude behavior from another human being! I just want to throw up and then go over there and kick her a$$! I'm not far!!! PLEASE SEND HER A BILL!!! And tell her your reason for it too! Let her know that she came off as a psychotic b*&$h and that you were scared and still need to get paid because she GOT a cake and then acted like a lunatic!!!AND SHE PROBABLY DID IT ON PURPOSE!!

BTW...DO YOU KNOW THIS PERSON???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%