What Do You Put On Top Of Your Cupcakes?

Decorating By adawndria Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 3:12pm by lionladydi

adawndria Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 6

I'm looking for "grown up" toppers/picks for cupcakes? Not little rings, crowns, animals, etc. What do you suggest as options?

5 replies
mbelgard Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 6

I like to make candies to go on cupcakes and I've used mini cutters to make little decorations out of fondant or candy clay. Grownups don't want little toys anyway, you can also buy wrapped candies to put on. Here are a couple expamples of stuff I've done:

mommachris Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 4:05am
post #3 of 6

you could skip the toppers and make flowers like they do on the very popular cupcake bouquets. They look very grown up. icon_biggrin.gif

Look in the small cakes gallery....they are just beautiful.

amoos Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 6

I always like doing something that goes with the flavor of the cupcakes...ex: chopped nuts, toasted coconut, chopped candy bits or chocolate, etc.

sugarinspired Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 6

check ou my photos i havea few that can give you ideas hope it helps. i ued fodant and cookie cutters to make. you can get very creative when your making them w/out realizing it

lionladydi Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 6

I sent cupcakes with my daughter and grandkids to their church party on Saturday night. Intended to impress the kids. I just put orange swirled buttercream on the top and then gummy body parts like tongues, noses, fingers, teeth, etc. My daughter called from the party and said they were the hit of the party.............WITH THE ADULTS!!!!!! One of the deacons came and asked where she got the body parts. You never know. icon_lol.gif

I love the cupcakes with the various flowers on top. I guess whatever you would want to put on them would depend on what they were for...like a certain holiday or celebration. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%