Is This Too Gross?

Decorating By Laura_G Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 2:19am by jenny72364

ljudd1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljudd1969 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 10:16pm
post #61 of 74

Have fun doing your cake. Can't wait to see pics. I think it's nice that you were concerned enough to weigh out the possible reactions and worry whether or not it would be too much for some kids & how the parents of the other children would feel about it. It shows great sensitivity & says alot about the type of parent & person you are. icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 10:34pm
post #62 of 74

well heaven forbid any child should see Toy Story and the way Sid tortures toys!

Their little psyches will be fried forever!

and I am sick, sick sick sick S I C K of all the political correctness that always turns into a war of the sexes.

oh so it's ok to behead/mutilate/torture/maim men but not women? talk about SEXIST!

----

personally, I'd love to see a barbie Elphaba -- aka the truly good witch from the musical Wicked.

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 10:40pm
post #63 of 74

AMEN - Doug!!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 12:57am
post #64 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

well heaven forbid any child should see Toy Story and the way Sid tortures toys!

Their little psyches will be fried forever!

and I am sick, sick sick sick S I C K of all the political correctness that always turns into a war of the sexes.

oh so it's ok to behead/mutilate/torture/maim men but not women? talk about SEXIST!

----

personally, I'd love to see a barbie Elphaba -- aka the truly good witch from the musical Wicked.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:11am
post #65 of 74

on another note:

Personally, I think the Elvira doll is SO much prettier than Barbie. icon_biggrin.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:32pm
post #66 of 74

well now...seems I win MOTHER OF THE YEAR! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif my kids are 3, 3, 6, 7 and 15....

they ALL helped me make my latest cake....my husbands birthday cake based from The Nightmare Before Christmas...and jack skeleton on my cake IS headless! icon_surprised.gif ....in fact they though it was funny and would look at each other as I put the jack o' lantern faces on saying oooh scary to eachother......and I must be a real winner too because I let them watch the movie itself....

if I did a headless barbie my kids would laugh with that too...including my daughter ...and she is all about Barbie and anything prissy.....but she definitely does NOT live in a pretty pink bubble...I wouldnt do that to her for the sake of how she'd feel WHEN that pink bubble was to be burst by the real world!

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:46pm
post #67 of 74

any girls scarred by that will be scarred because they don't celebrate halloween or they think their barbie doll is a real little person. Either one already needs therapy and kudos to you for jumpstarting the process!

Of course I just made a wedding cake with skeletons on it, so what do i know................

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 5:26pm
post #68 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodthi32

any girls scarred by that will be scarred because they don't celebrate halloween or they think their barbie doll is a real little person. Either one already needs therapy and kudos to you for jumpstarting the process!

Of course I just made a wedding cake with skeletons on it, so what do i know................

OMG icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ...Im sorry but this was hilarious!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 6:09pm
post #69 of 74

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 6:30pm
post #70 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemom24

I have a seven year old daughter and although I am obviously in the minority, I think it could be too much. My daughter is a scaredy cat but I think her friends parents would be a little upset if I made a cake like this for a party. I wouldn't like it if my daughter went to a party and it was there. Now that being said-my kids are big fat fraddy cats!! They won't go into the decorated garages and porches on Halloween or go to the door if the person is dresses scarry!!

ditto.
Actually my daughter is almost 5, but this is the first year she's really been afraid of Halloween. I'm not even sure how it all started. She is just really freaked out this year. I can't even take her in the Halloween stores. Having said that, I respect her feelings and we are now decorating in silly rather than scary fashion. My son is 7 and he seems to like anything gross though I don't encourage it . I don't want him to carry things on beyond Halloween. I am glad that you decided on the less graphic cake though.

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 2:46am
post #71 of 74

Half way through the first page I thought to myself "5 pages of replies I wonder what page it starts to get ugly". Page 2 is that some kind of record? You guys actually had me considering taking down my Halloween decorations. My kids are 7 and 9 we started a Halloween decorating party tradition last year. Each kid got to decorate a tombstone and the entire front yard is a cemetary. Skeletons, gargoyles, bloody axes, and a bunch of other really creepy things. I let all the parents know what we're doing and if anyone objects they don't have to participate. I do have to add that not only did the kids love it the parents came over and helped. Its all in good fun. So yes do your cake and yes tell the parents so they can decide if its too much for their kid but don't let all the party poopers keep you from having fun, its Halloween! It's the same line of thinking that makes it wrong to say Merry Christmas.

Laura_G Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura_G Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:24pm
post #72 of 74

OK so after all the drama of the headless barbie we decided to exclude her totally. Turns out we are having a lot more people than we thought come to the party. I bought the Wilton castle kit. My friend Dan and I stayed up til 2 am last night making it. I think it works out well for Halloween. Thanks for all your input.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1153383

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 1:46am
post #73 of 74

very cute haunted castle! icon_biggrin.gif sorry you couldnt incorporate bloody barbie...but theres always next year!

jenny72364 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenny72364 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:19am
post #74 of 74

castle is cute, hope the party went well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%