How To Put Flower Bouquet On Cake?

Decorating By Redkraze Updated 8 Oct 2007 , 10:28pm by mrstoponak

Redkraze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redkraze Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 5

I'm going to be putting a silk flower bouquet on top of a cake. I was wondering if i should make the bouquet then insert it into the middle of the cake....or.....put each flower in one at a time? Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thank You!

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 5

Welcome to cake central. It probably would be best to arrange the flowers on or in something, then set that on the cake.

I often fasten a piece of floral oasis to a small cardboard arrange the flowers (fresh or silk). Then the board can sit on the top tier. It makes saving the arrangment easier, and less messy.

If the arrangement is heavy, you may want a dowel to support is slightly.

PGray315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PGray315 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 5

I often insert a 3oz plastic cup into the top of the cake. I arrange the flowers in another 3oz cup and insert it into the one recessed into the cake. This is especially helpful if using fresh flowers that wilt quickly as you can use a small amount of water in the cup.

Redkraze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redkraze Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you. I was thinking about a piece of styrofoam or using a bridesmaid bouquet holder. Maybe even a pvc pipe and placing the bouquet in that so the flower stems don't touch the cake. Think one of those will work?

mrstoponak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrstoponak Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 5

For my wedding cake we used silk flowers for the topper. My mom used to be a florist.. she used to use the lids from spary paint cans..

For my wedding topper we used a 3 inch styrofoam ball cut in half and covered in ribbon so it was safe to touch the cake.

I have heard of people using things like the lid to a butter tub and such as well.

HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%