Can I Contact A Member For Cake Instructions?

Decorating By kellysailer Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 10:58pm by CakesByLJ

kellysailer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellysailer Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 15

Sorry for the basic question, but I am new to this site. I found some cakes I love, and Have some more questions for them? HOw do I contact them? Thank you!

14 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 15

In this box there is a profile it says PM means private message. Or if you hit the persons name it takes you to the profile and you can hit PM again for private message. Hope this helps icon_biggrin.gif

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 15

You can scroll down and enter a remark to the cake which will send them an e-mail automatically, or you can send them a private message by clicking on their name and there should be a box that says "PM" which will allow you to send them a private message. Hope this helps and welcome to CC! There's a whole new family here to welcome you!!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 15

You can send a pm to the member that made the cake. While looking at the cake photo click on the members name and it will bring up their profile then you can click on pm from there.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 15

Hi! Welcome. It's great having you. Feel free to contact the members about cake instructions. I personally believe the best method is by PM. Sometimes it might take awhile depending on how often they might check the site so don't feel bad if they don't respond for awhile. Also, check all the comments on a photo because often times they end up posting it there also. If they have their comments turned off, it's probably safe to assume they prefer not to share their technique.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 8:02pm
post #6 of 15

And never be shy about asking! Most of us like getting our ego stroked when someone has such an interest in one of our cakes! (ok... at least *I* do! icon_redface.gif )

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 8:10pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

And never be shy about asking! Most of us like getting our ego stroked when someone has such an interest in one of our cakes! (ok... at least *I* do! icon_redface.gif )

icon_lol.gif So right! We're a bunch of ego maniacs. icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 8:58pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

lol...thats so funny..and i think is true!...icon_wink.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 10:27pm
post #9 of 15

Welcome, and as everyone previously mentioned, just pm the decorator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswartzw

If they have their comments turned off, it's probably safe to assume they prefer not to share their technique.

I just wanted to mention that this is not necessarily true...someone may have turned their comments off for other reasons. I have my comments off but if you pm me I will be more than happy to help you if I can. thumbs_up.gif

modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:07am
post #10 of 15

I just wanted to add that I think you'll get a better response if you ask specific questions. "oh wow, I love your cake, and I just can't figure out how you did xxx, do you mind sharing?" Most people have enough time to answer one or even several specific questions, and are happy and flattered to do so. But just asking for full instructions? I know I don't have time for that, so I would never ask that of someone else.

kellysailer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellysailer Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:09am
post #11 of 15

Thanks for all your answers! Is there a way to contact a member when someone references them in their copy? Someone referenced "pinkbunny".

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:38am
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysailer

Thanks for all your answers! Is there a way to contact a member when someone references them in their copy? Someone referenced "pinkbunny".

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:17pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysailer

In the pink bar at the top of this page, under Cake Decorating Forum, you'll find a list of options: Search * Buddy List * Ignore List * Watched Topics * Memberlist * Calendar

Just click on Memberlist and type pinkbunny in the search query, that'll help you find the member in question. Good luck!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #14 of 15

I've been wanting to ask this same question but knew it must've been asked before, glad I found this thread. I hated when I'd click on someones cake/cookie whatever and it would say inspired by so and so's cake and then I couldnt find the inspiration picture. This is exactly the info I've been wanting.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:58pm
post #15 of 15

wow, bbmom, you have awoken an old thread.. icon_biggrin.gif I agree with the previous posters.. I am always happy to answer questions and help when I can..... here comes that "however"...... a sincere "thank you" is all the payment I need, and sometimes it never comes back.. icon_surprised.gif I am happy, though, that 99% of the requesters repay me tenfold... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%