Show Off Your Kitchen

Decorating By Letmebeurdesignr Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 4:18am by Letmebeurdesignr

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 77

Hey Yall,

I thought it might be cool to see others kitchens of where we bake our items. If its in your home then show your home kitchen. If its in your shop then show your shop kitchen. Im always out for new ideas on how to improve my kitchen or home. Here is my kitchen at my home of where I bake/cook.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

76 replies
susies1955 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 77

Cake Decorating is a new hobby for me. I don't plan to ever get into selling. I have MANY hobbies.
My kitchen could be bigger and more counter space would nice. Our cupboards cost a total of $75 that includes counter top and paint.
Nice little country kitchen I'd say. icon_smile.gif
Susie
LL
LL
LL
LL

Marksgirl Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 77

Susie,

I love your kitchen. I like the fact that you have picture along the top of you cabinets. I don't think I ever have seen that before.

Just a side note. I was born in Syracuse and raised north of Syracuse, in the Central Square area.

Also I just love your name,

Sue aka Marksgirl

susies1955 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 77

Letmebeurdesignr,
I failed to say anything in my message about your kitchen. DUH. I love your curtains and your cupboards. Great kitchen. I've got to get new curtains. They have been up way too long. icon_smile.gif
Thanks for starting this thread. It will be fun.
Susie

susies1955 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 77

Hi Sue,
Thanks for liking my kitchen. icon_smile.gif
Ah, how neat. I'm two hours from Syracuse and my son lives in Homer and works in North Syracuse. Been there many times. icon_smile.gif
Love your name too. LOL!
Susie

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 77

Hi Susie, TY...I have been working on this kitchen for the last 5 years to get it where it is. I got the mural and the tiles put behind the sink and the stove. It was just plain wall and i didnt like it. Its so much easier to clean w/the tiles up. My husband and his exwife lived here before I came in and it was soooo boring in this house. There was no kinda theme and it was just blah. I have transformed this whole house almost and made it into a home. Ive added color. When i moved in the living room walls that were a mile high almost were solid white..i was like eeww no thanks. I changed it and made it warm.

I love the way you have your cabinet built in the wall to show the dishes. That would be awesome. Just looove the country look.

I have been wanting to do this thread and finally got around to it..lol..hope it becomes a great thread.

susies1955 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebeurdesignr

Hi Susie, TY...I have been working on this kitchen for the last 5 years to get it where it is.

You have made it very warm and inviting. It is normal to want to make it your own. icon_smile.gif
Great job,
Susie

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:34pm
post #8 of 77

bump...lets see those kitchens

Candes Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:40pm
post #9 of 77

I'm also just getting started but here is where I work:

These kitchens are beautiful. Keep 'em coming!

DanielleHester Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:46pm
post #10 of 77

I love your kitchen Candes!!!

susies1955 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:58pm
post #11 of 77

Candes,
Love the bright/clean white of your kitchen. Lovely place to create,
Susie

Candes Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 4:06pm
post #12 of 77

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

jenncowin Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 4:08pm
post #13 of 77

I love the look of all of your kitchens. I would post pics of mine, but I REALLY need to clean it first!! Space is definitely something that I think we all need more of. I am constantly rearranging to try to make it work better. One day I'll get it....

lchristi27 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 4:33pm
post #14 of 77

What beautiful kitchens! I love mine, but I'm with jenncowin, will clean it first then show it off a bit..hubby is 'repainting' the cabinets. He has 1/2 of one done and it's only taken 6 mo's...

TheCakerator Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 7:31pm
post #15 of 77

ok heres mine! I was leaning over the bar in our kitchen and to the left of that is the opening into the kitchen .. next to the dishwasher is the fridge and to the right of the bar is the door into our laundry room ... the island has gotten used many many times!!!
LL

susies1955 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 8:06pm
post #16 of 77

TheCakerator,
Looks like a pretty efficient space. I like your cabinets.
Thanks for sharing it with us,
Susie

TheCakerator Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 8:48pm
post #17 of 77

thanks susie, there is a ton of storage space in my kitchen, under the island, under the bar, under the sink, under the counters, next to the fridge is a pantry I really can't complain about the storage in there!

CakesByBabycakes Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 8:52pm
post #18 of 77

You all have beautiful kitchens!! icon_smile.gif

susies1955 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 9:15pm
post #19 of 77

TheCakerator,
I don't have much storage. Would love to make my kitchen bigger. That is great that you have so much. icon_smile.gif
Susie

PS: Thanks CakesByBabycakes!

kjgjam22 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:11am
post #20 of 77

candes,....i love the chalk board on the door idea....gets me thinking.

Erika513x2 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:29am
post #21 of 77

wow this post is perfect for me b/c tonight i decided to rip off the wallpaper in my mother's kitchen (since i'm temp staying with her until my husband comes home) well now we don't know what color to paint it. The bottem half of the wall is a cream tile all around and the cabinets are a dark wood color and we have no idea what color. any suggestions would be nice b/c i know tomorrow we;ll be in home depot for hours looking at the samples lol

thanks guys and everyones kitchen looks so neat thumbs_up.gif

AuntieElle Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:37am
post #22 of 77

We just renovated our kitchen and master bath. The pics were just before we decided to have it repainted and had the trim work completed. i couldn't wait! Great thread!!
LL
LL
LL
LL

lchristi27 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:39am
post #23 of 77

Erika, sounds like you guys are in for some fun! When I moved into this house I changed everything in the kitchen to red and white. It took a while, but my family is always getting me 'red' stuff for my kitchen, so it makes it fun for them too. Besides, great sales on stuff after Christmas and Valentines day!

grumpyx07 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 3:49am
post #24 of 77

Anyone want to trade kitchens? Mine is so small...three people and it's crowded. It's so hard to do anything in there. icon_sad.gif

Ohara Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 10:58am
post #25 of 77

I love seeing others kitchens. Here is mine.
LL
LL

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 12:15pm
post #26 of 77

LOL have yall noticed everybody has their KA mixers on their counters. Susie where is yours? Didnt see it.

susies1955 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 12:28pm
post #27 of 77

Ohara,
Can I have your kitchen?????
Love it,
Susie

susies1955 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 12:30pm
post #28 of 77

Letmebeurdesignr,
Aren't you sweet to 'worry' about me? icon_smile.gif
SHHHHHHHHHHH, it is my Christmas present. Don't tell me! LOL! I got in on the Lowe's deal.
I'll answer your next question..........no it doesn't bother me to have it all this time and to wait for it.
Susie

MissCathcart Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 12:38pm
post #29 of 77

So far everyone has had such nice kitchens.

OK girls, let's get down to brass tacks, and see some lousy kitchens too. I don't have a camera available or I'd show you mine.

susies1955 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 12:45pm
post #30 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCathcart

....... I don't have a camera available or I'd show you mine.

I'm sure your kitchen is great. Do you live in northern NY? I'll come over. icon_smile.gif
Susie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%