My Cake Imploded...

Decorating By Daniellemhv Updated 12 Dec 2006 , 9:23pm by Daniellemhv

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 5:49am
post #1 of 7

I just took it out of the oven and it is aweful. I hope it still will work. I tried a new recipe and the cake is just weird. It taste Delicious though. It seems like it is going to be kind of chewy almost. I'm just gonna die if it doesn't work out. I filled the pan about 3/4 full and it didn't rise at all. I had bake even strips on it. it just imploded. I have yet to flip it. I have 3 minutes left. At least I decided to make it tonight instead of 2morrow like I originally planned on. I don't need it until wed. I guess life is going to be okay haha........

waiting..... 2 minutes left....

1 minute........

Time....

I dunno. It flipped okay but it seems to be not cooked fully. But the toothpicks come out clean. So i put it back in haha. I'm screwing this up big time.

6 replies
Daniellemhv Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 6:11am
post #2 of 7

Its ruined icon_sad.gif

I guess i'm gonna have to scrap my purse cake idea. I'm just not up to doing it again.

Anyone have any easy cake ideas? lol. I'm so bummed. I wanna make something WOW. its for my mother. I suck. haha. I don't suck but I don't know what to do.

flytrap77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flytrap77 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 6:39am
post #3 of 7

What was your oven temp? I think a good rule of thumb is a lower temp for a longer amount of time. Time of course depending on the size of the cake pan. I usually bake a 12X18 pan at 325degrees for 40-50 minutes.

Don't give up, go back and make adjustments.

HTH,

Kat

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 8:30am
post #4 of 7

I agree. What temp did you bake at? 325 or even 300 for large cakes works better, but takes longer. I don't use a toothpick, just wait till the middle springs back up when touched lightly, and it pulls away from the sides.

Also, new recipe. Does it have enough levening in it?

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 8:42am
post #5 of 7

What recipe did you use?

Joe

Daniellemhv Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 7

The white almond sour cream recipe.

2 boxes white cake mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teas. salt
8 egg whites
2 2/3 cups water
4 Tbls. vegetable oil
2 cups (16oz carton) sour cream
2 teaspoon clear vanilla flavor
2 teaspoons almond extract

Mix all dry ingredients by hand using a whisk in a very large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees

Baked for like 50 minutes maybe a little more.

Daniellemhv Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 7

I made a new cake today. Its just two 8x8 rounds. I made some gumpaste bows and candles and what-nots last night.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%