Stores In Erie, Pittsburgh?

Decorating By JillK Updated 10 Oct 2007 , 1:27pm by JillK

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 5

Hi folks. I'm going on a short road trip this weekend that will take me to Erie, Pa., and I was wondering if anyone knows about decorating supply stores there? (I agree to go with my DH if he let me stop if we find one. icon_rolleyes.gif ) I tracked down one on the Internet called Mezler Party & Cake Supplies, but since I can't really call and say "So, are you worth going out of our way for?," I thought I'd ask on here. icon_biggrin.gif

Also, my SIL and BIL live in Pittsburgh and I'm sure we'll be treking down there again sometime soon. Is there anything worth checking out around there?

Thanks, JK

4 replies
mundy33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mundy33 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 5

Theres a store in Washington, PA, called Special Occasion. Its about 20 miles sw of Pittsburgh.

JillK Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks, I'll look for it. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? (Yes, I am a child of the '80s ...)

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 5

I live in PA between Pittsburgh and Erie. I go to a store in Butler called Mary's Cake and Candy Supplies and also to a very small store in Brookville (kinda out of the way) called Buff's. It is TINY but has tons of stuff. I go there to get my luster dust. It is only about $2.95 and they have tons of colors. I love it. What exactly are you looking for?

JillK Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 5

I am interested in Luster Dust ... the only place around here that I've heard sells it is just NOT open hours when I can go there. Some different flavorings would be nice, too, and I've been wanting to try different kinds of fondant. And cookie cutters. Always cookie cutters. icon_biggrin.gif

We're going to be right in Erie on Saturday, so I had high hopes ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%