7 replies
yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:25am
post #2 of 8

WOW!! Thanks for posting! icon_biggrin.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:38am
post #3 of 8

Lori's cake is amazing! I cant believe the stringwork on that cake! It looks like a real slip! Just, awesome!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:57am
post #4 of 8

Thank you for posting these, I am always anxious to see them each year. I just got my copy of Modern Wedding Cakes And Chocolates from Australia (Global Sugar Arts carries it) and they have all the OSSAS winning cakes from 2006 featured.

weirkd Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 8

Oh I love that magazine Shirley! In fact, I was looking for the copy I had of it. Its missing and I really wanted to try to replicate some of the designs they have in it. One of my favorites is from Sweet Art!
I also let Kim P. know that her cake was featured in it and sent her the article. After I sent it I realized it was written by Kerri!! lol Oh well!
But I love the OSSAS show. It gives you such inspiration and new techniques. I still cant get over Lori's stringwork looking like a black slip. Really amazing!

mullett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mullett Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for posting. Wonderful photos.

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:19pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

I just got my copy of Modern Wedding Cakes And Chocolates from Australia (Global Sugar Arts carries it) and they have all the OSSAS winning cakes from 2006 featured.

Shirley,

Thanks for sharing this. I think I have that copy on order, but will have to check.

Here Comes The Cake Volumes 1 and 3 also have professional pictures - Volume 2 is sold out, and I'm still looking for that one - if anyone can hook me up, let me know - I collect these.

For those collectors like myself that have any cake book and magazine you can think of - I got one on vacation with a link to www.squires-shop.com - "Inspired By Food", Volume 2 now on sale - can backorder Volume 1, but have to call for pricing since comes from the UK. Even though the title doesn't seem cake-related, the ad states otherwise. The magazine I got it out of I found at Barnes & Noble though.

I think Hawks Photography is the official professional photographer of the OSSAS, so all the pics will be there.

weirkd Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:27pm
post #8 of 8

Mimiford, there is also the Cake Craft Guide that is also from the UK. They also have a special Weddings addition. You can get it from Global Sugar Art also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%