How Much Would You Charge For This Cake?

Decorating By mississippigirl Updated 14 Oct 2007 , 1:53am by Tona

mississippigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mississippigirl Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 2:36am
post #1 of 17

I just made this for my mom's birthday today. It's a 9X13 milk chocolate cake cut in half, layered and iced with chocolate icing. Then i put the Pirouette cookies around it, with Chocolate drizzled strawberries on top. It's a first... and maybe a last. I just want to know how much y'all would charge for something like this. I'm not great at tying bows, so over look that icon_smile.gif
LL

16 replies
Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 2:53am
post #2 of 17

that's a beautiful cake. I never base my cakes on servings, etc so where I live, I would charge $40-$45 for this cake.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 17

I would agree with Cakerer. $40-50 would be about right. It turned out very nicely. thumbs_up.gif

mississippigirl Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 17

Thank you both. Those cookies are 13.00 so it was fairly expensive to make. Thanks for your input

mommicakes Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 3:27pm
post #5 of 17

I have used those cookies as trees for jungle cakes, and for beach cakes I have made. They make things a little easier and really look pretty on so many things. icon_biggrin.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 17

I.d charge around $65.

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 17

Just a note about the cookies - if you have a TJ Maxx or Marshall's, you can usually find those cookies for far less.

mississippigirl Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 5:12pm
post #8 of 17

Thanks for the suggestion. we do have a TJ Maxx here (hopefully a Marshall's one day) but i would have never thougth about looking there. I'll definately be checking that out. Thanks for the advice

mississippigirl Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 5:12pm
post #9 of 17

Thanks for the suggestion. we do have a TJ Maxx here (hopefully a Marshall's one day) but i would have never thougth about looking there. I'll definately be checking that out. Thanks for the advice

Cakerer Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 3:17am
post #10 of 17

Just a side note on these - I saw them at the dollar tree today! I bought a package of the vanilla ones and they were ok, not great, but ok. I'll try the chocolate ones next time. I would think you could buy enough for less than $5 there.

mommicakes Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 12:36pm
post #11 of 17

icon_biggrin.gif when I see them in the dollar store I will buy about e of each kind, just because I can never keep them in my house, the kids love them, and they go really good with coffee too. I use them on different cakes so have to keep a stash here.

My favorite ones are the mocha chocolate. YUMMMMMMMM icon_biggrin.gif

mississippigirl Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 3:59pm
post #12 of 17

WOW! I would have never thought about those being at the dollar store!! Great Idea. I'll have to go check that out... Thank you so much!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 7:23pm
post #13 of 17

About $75.

And I ALWAYS base my pricing on the number of servings. It's the fairest way to do it.

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 7:46pm
post #14 of 17

I'm a newbie and I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this icon_redface.gif but how do you cut these kinds of cakes so they don't look extremely messy when they are served. I've seen other cakes with candy bars wrapped around the cake and I always think they look so cool but wonder what the proper way to cut them is? Thanks.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 12:03am
post #15 of 17

I'd think you'd just slide a knife between the cookies.

Cakerer Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 1:38am
post #16 of 17

OK, have to add one more thing on this. I actually saw the cookies at walgreens today for $1 as well, but they were a brand I recognized - although I'm too brain dead right now to remember - maybe Lindt? Also, I was thinking about doing one of these with some of the cereal straws - I noticed someone did one in the galleries and it looked really nice w/the fruit loop straws.

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 1:53am
post #17 of 17

The cake is beautiful. I would charge 45 in my area for that cake. I have bought the cookies at Marshall also for alot less.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%