Cake Flavors And Fillings

Baking By VannaD Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 1:37am by VannaD

VannaD Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 2:34am
post #1 of 10

I am making my DD 1st bday cake in 2 wks. I was going to do 1 tier wihte w/lemon and the other tier choc. w/rasberry, but IDK. The cake only going to be these 2 tiers but i wanting to maybe change the flavor combo. I would like opinions of everyones favorites, one's that are tried and true. I could come up w/ other combos but I dont want them to be nasty. Please let me know!

9 replies
Cakerer Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 2:56am
post #2 of 10

First thing - if you are making the cake for a 1 year old, will they like the cake with those flavors as well? I'm a basic white choc cake w/strawberry buttercream or something like that. Best of luck.

Cakerer Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 2:56am
post #3 of 10

First thing - if you are making the cake for a 1 year old, will they like the cake with those flavors as well? I'm a basic white choc cake w/strawberry buttercream or something like that. Best of luck.

VannaD Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 2:59am
post #4 of 10

Shes actually going to have her own smash cake, i think ill do that in either basic white or chocolate. Im making BC to cover it, what do i add to make it strawberry? Is there a clear flavoring? Thanks for the Suggestion!

Cakerer Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 3:28am
post #5 of 10

I only add the strawberries to the filling. Actually, I use strawberry preserves (usually pureed) with buttercream dream. It is wonderful!! I should also add that I use the butter, vanilla, nut flavoring in my bc so that could alter the taste somewhat (also makes it a little yellow) but a dot of violet will cancel that.

VannaD Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:05pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks Again! I s there anyone elso out there with a favorite cake and filling combo? please give me some suggestions, ive read some really good ones on CC before!

ann925 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 10

I just made my daughters 1st birthday cake. I made a french vanilla cake with a strawberry filling. I just mixed buttercream with strawberry preserves. I made her smash cake the same thing. It was so good and everyone loved it.

VannaD Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:37pm
post #8 of 10

It seems strawberry is pretty popular, i may change my choc cake with rasberry to choc with strawberry, or maybe white with strawberry. What do you guys think?

krazykat_14 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 5:51pm
post #9 of 10

My little one's first b-day cake was chocolate with chocolate frosting, not sure if it's family tradition, but my mother always made comments about her father waiting for kids to be dressed in their "Sunday best" and giving them a chocolate bar... I have pics of him on my shoulders after the cake with huge chocolate smudges all over his face-and in my hair... he had a great time, and it's one of my favorite pics of him... especially now that he's 17 and won't snuggle me for anything...

VannaD Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:37am
post #10 of 10

Krazykat: thats sweet, i cant wait to see my baby after she eats her cake. I have decided to do her smash in choc w/ strawberry filling, im pretty sure she will like it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%