What Is The Right Consistency?

Decorating By cassi_g16 Updated 7 Oct 2007 , 11:46pm by cassi_g16

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 3

I am using antonia74 royal icing recipe. I am new at making cookies so I plan to outline then flood. What are these consistency compared too? also if I want a white back ground but another color design too (paw print in blue) do i do the blue inside first then fill in with white or do the blue on top of the white?

2 replies
kellylowe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellylowe Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 3

The outline icing consistency should be close to toothpaste. The flood consistency should be close to school glue. Hope that helps. I don't know what you mean about your design, but to me piping on top of a flooded cookie is the easiest way to get two dimensional designs. Cause if you over flood you run the risk of covering your design. Iguess what i am trying to say is put the blue on top of the dry white background.

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 3

I have paw print and dog bone cookie cutters. I am just going to do white on the dog bones but on the paw print I am going to do a white back ground with the blue paw print (Blues clues) in the center. They will be party favors. What is the best method of icing them? Should I use a squeeze bottle or a bag and tip and if so what tip should I use 1, 2, or 3?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%