Is My Cake Idea Too Babish For Toddlers??

Decorating By titch Updated 7 Oct 2007 , 7:25pm by titch

titch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
titch Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making my own christening cake and came up with the design of a 9" petal for the bottom, in lime green with little feet going around on the petals and then building blocks on top with maybe either children or animals sitting around the blocks.

My kids are 2 and 3.5 years. I thought it was a good idea, but my sister has quickly told me today that thinks it's a babyish for my kids.

What do you guys think?

Any other ideas for a boy/girl christening cake would be great aswell.

Thanks
Rachel

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 4

well, i'm sorry 2 and 3.5 years old, they are babies. Ask the children, you might get some really neat ideas from them.

I think your idea sound cute, the only thing that might make it resemble a shower cake, would be the feet. Maybe use stripes or poka dots

Panda-monium Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panda-monium Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 4

Who knows your children better than you? I don't think it is too babyish. I work with 2 and 3 yo's and they love playing with bricks.

Don't let them grow up too fast, they are not small for long.

titch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
titch Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, I was really bummed at what my sister had said, as I really liked my idea, I got the building blocks idea from Lindy Smith's new book, which she said would be good idea for a christening cake. icon_smile.gif

Both my kids love cars my 3.5 year old is a girl and my 2 year old is a boy, so I've been really stuck for ideas on what to do, that didnt come across as a bday cake (baby showers arent really done over here in the UK, so I dont have to worry about that). They both are really into cars but I dont really want "lightening mcqueen" as my christening cake. LOL! icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%