Birthday Cake For 9 Yr Old Twins Boy & Girl Halloween Th

Decorating By lyse Updated 10 Oct 2007 , 5:49am by lyse

lyse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyse Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 3:49am
post #1 of 4

I have a Halloween themed cake to do for 9 year old twins, a boy and a girl. It needs to feed at least 50 people. I was thinking of doing a half sheet cake, and maybe some cupcakes shaped like a pumpkin. But I would really like to do a stacked round, but I don't trust that the cake would get transported and get there in one peice. (I will not be able to deliver) Anyway would it look funny if I do a half sheet with maybe a 12 inch round on top? I would like to have maybe bats flying out of the top of the cake and I only think it would look good if it were a stacked cake, do you think that would be a solution or should I just stick to the first idea? Thanks in advance for your help!

3 replies
ellersickc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellersickc Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 1:06pm
post #2 of 4

I had the same problem! I looked at all of the cakes on this site (the gallery for the halloween contest) and found some great ideas. I am miking a sheet cake. It will be a haunted house with a pumpkin patch (made of the cheap candy corn type pumpkins) a small graveyard(made from small cookies). I don't know if you've ever made a ginger bread house before, but I just finished the cookie house pieces last night and I can't wait to put it together. There is the coolest website of a haunted mansion made with sugar cookies. It's haunteddimensions.raykiem.com. But if you're not up to that, there are some easy cookie houses that wilton puts out in the big craft stores that are smaller and easier to assemble. I have small bat, a scardy cat, a ghost and a pumpkin(all mini) cookie cutters that I'm using to decorate it. I'm going to try to attach the bats to wire(I've seen this done on this site) so they look like they are flying around the house. anyway, I hope this helps. If not look on the contest pics anyway cuz there are some great ideas to "wow" your crowd.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:27am
post #3 of 4

If you're wanting to do a sheet w/ a stacked on top, you could make the top a pumpkin. Or the sheet cake a yard (grave yard if it would be ok) & shape a house to go in the middle or side, w/ bats coming out of the chimney. If you go w/ a stacked on top of a 1/2 sheet I would go 12". I did a 11x15 sheet w/ an 8" Hello Kitty shaped head on top & it was fine--just put flowers on the sheet.

I'm doing just an 8" round w/ bats & a moon hanging over the cake from wire for a halloween cake.

Hope you find something!

lyse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyse Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 5:49am
post #4 of 4

Thank you, this helps a lot!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%