Stretchy Mmf

Decorating By chris814 Updated 7 Oct 2007 , 12:38am by kelleym

chris814 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chris814 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 4

My mmf is very stretchy and that makes it hard to put on the cake. If I were to hold it with my hands, the sides would keep drooping/falling until it touched the table. It is also very shiny. I prefer the matte look. I use shortening to grease the table. Is that what makes it shiny?

3 replies
aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 12:25am
post #2 of 4

Crisco does make your MMF shiny. If you don't like it, use powdered sugar or cornstarch but this could dry your fondant out.

If you roll your MMF out thicker (1/4"), then it shouldn't be so stretchy. The thinner, the more stretchy. I always roll it up on my fondant roller and carry it over to the cake and then unroll it directly onto the cake. This way I am never carrying it with my hands. This will also help with the stretching.

cerobs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerobs Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 12:38am
post #3 of 4

I just deliver a cake today with the mmf I thought the cake like alittle mattie I want the shinning look. What can I do different. The client was very happy with the taste of the cake and love the mmf but it was mattie.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 12:38am
post #4 of 4

The times my MMF has been all stretchy and shiny it's been because I didn't add enough powdered sugar to it when I made it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%