Freezing A Wedding Cake Top?

Decorating By Novembercakes Updated 6 Oct 2007 , 6:34pm by itsmylife

Novembercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Novembercakes Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 4

Hello,

I need suggestions on how to freeze a wedding cake top? I made my bestfriends wedding cake on Thursday, October 4, 2007 and I positive that some of you have some great tips and ideas on how to do this so that they cake will last and tast fresh a year from now.

(When I obtain my memory chip back from my friend, I will post a picture of the wedding cake).

Thank you in advance for all your ideas and help. icon_biggrin.gif

Jayne

3 replies
jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 4

I wrapped mine in saran wrap a few times and then stuck it in a tupperware container. When it came time to thaw it, it still tasted good.

princessdepastel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princessdepastel Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 4

first chill the cake in the fridge at least overnight (so all the decorations will stay put when wrapped with the (plastic wrap), then wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. be sure to wrap it really good. i put mine in a big ziplock bag. it tasted soooo much better a year later than it did on my wedding day. good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 4

I ALWAYS vacuum seal mine now. Every person I've done that for has said that the cake has tasted like it was just made fresh.

Make sure you freeze it first - covered with seran, (otherwise it will smoosh down if you try to vacuum seal it while it's soft).

Then, take the seran wrap off and vacuum seal it. I just use my regular, home vacuum sealer (not a professional, huge one or anything like that).

The only thing you can't do this with is if you have some fancy flowers or something 'sticking out' on it..... BUT... you can still vacuum seal it without it totally sucking all the air out.... just get it in the bag, start the machine, and before it crushes any delicate decorations, stop the vacuum and just seal it then.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%