Duncann Hines?

Decorating By amodeoandrea Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 2:06pm by Shyanne_Mommy

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 12:56pm
post #61 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmiller02

I am so glad to hear that many of you are DH fans. I am as well. I am just getting started with my business and I was really debating about mix vs/ scratch. I have since learned that many bakeries use DH as well, so now I am feeling better about using the mix method.

I did have a question. Many of you mentioned using the instant pudding addition to the mix. Are there specific flavor puddings you add that correspond to each DH mix?

BTW, I am so glad to have found this website. It really is addicting, but I have learned so much already.

Thanks!

The flavor of the pudding is up to you.....just make sure that if you are doing a WhiteCake you use a pudding that is going to be close to the color of white. (I use White Choc pudding)

If you have any more question please feel free to pm me!

4kidsrspecial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kidsrspecial Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 1:53pm
post #62 of 64

I have to say that I tend to bounce around with cake mixes depending on the flavor. I do use the extenders with everything. I have found the chocolate is the trickiest. So I always add whole chocolate chips (usually dark chocolate) to the batter. That way even if you mess up and use a chocolate that is not very rich it still tastes rich. I also add Hershey syrup. I also always wet dish clothes and wrap them around the cake pan. It alway comes out moist and the edges are not over cooked. You can use cake strips also, but I like the wet dishclothes they seem to stay wet longer and make the cake moister. Besides the fact they are a lot cheaper.

dbmiller02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbmiller02 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 1:24am
post #63 of 64

I appreciate your help with the flavors of pudding and extenders. I am definitely going to be experimenting with some different flavors.

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:06pm
post #64 of 64

dbmiller02....good luck and have fun ! there are so many flavors out there...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%