Who Are You?

Lounge By BabyC1985 Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 1:23pm by sarahpierce

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 72

I have been here for 6 or so months, and i love the cc members. so many of you have helped me along the way, with ideas and advise and just chatting. But i dont know any thing about any of you. It would be nice to know whos behind the user name. So tell me who you are!
Ok I'll start

My name is Charlie, I am 21 years old. I live in essex, england. Not to far from London. I have 2 sons, Lexus who is six (yes i was very young) and Harley who is 2. I have been with my partner, Lewis since i was 14, thats 7 years, and we are getting married in a few months. I work from home for a web based business aswell as being a full time mum. I have six sister which as you can imagen is hell. But funny enought i have no girlfriends, all my mates are boys. I love snooker, partly because i'm in love with Ronnie O'sullivan!! I enjoy going to the gym and swiming. I am always out and i love having a full house. My dream job is to have my own wedding venue.
Ok so Thats pretty much me. Whos next?

71 replies
DanielleHester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleHester Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 72

My name is Danielle Hester. I am from Nashville, Tennessee. I actually have some grandparents from England. They came and visited not too long ago. I have been married for 2 years and I have a son that just turned one. I currently work for the government. I don't really like it, but I have to make money somehow. I love playing tennis in my spare time.

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 2:08am
post #3 of 72

My name is Rebecca Nielsen. I live in Omaha, Nebraska but always say I am from Oklahoma. I have been married to Mike for 11 years. We just adopted our first child last year. Shooter will be three next month. We have two cats and a dog. I am a kitchen manager at a elementry school. I love to cook, read, sew, bake, all of those motherly homemaking type things.

sheri67nc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheri67nc Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 72

My name is Sherry Melendez. I live in North Carolina, but I was born and raised in Florida. I'm married and have 2 kids. I'm a production scheduler for a non-profit company in Raleigh, NC. I love cooking, reading, computers, genealogy, and of course cake decorating.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 12:40am
post #5 of 72

My name is Christi (no I don't have goats LOL), I have been married for 11 wonderful years have 3 beautiful children and live in Kentucky. I love to bake that is my hobby, career etc. I am also a SAHM (stay at home mom), which is a career in itself. I collect recipes...cookbooks. I love to fish and take the camera along when DH hunts. I also love CC icon_biggrin.gif, man what a family icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif !!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 1:33am
post #6 of 72

My name is Tracy McCauslin and I am married to Don- we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary last Wed. icon_lol.gif I grew up in Arkansas, lived in Georgia for 5 years, travelled around the country in a motorhome for 2 years and back in Arkansas living the neighborhood that I grew up. Believe me, that was never my plan but it was God's plan and it is perfect. I have no children myself however my best friend just moved next door to me (we've been friends since we were 6 and grew up next door to each other) and she has 3 wonderful daughters. I also have a wonderful niece and nephew but they live in Utah and I don't get to see them very often. I'm a computer programmer by day but love cake decorating, photography, reading, cooking/baking, gardening and scrapbooking. Way too many hobbies but they keep me busy. thumbs_up.gif

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 5:05am
post #7 of 72

I'm Lisa, 37, married to my high school sweetheart for 16 years. We have four kids (hence my user name): Kate, 14, Nick, 11, Emma, turning 5 and Gabby, 2. We live in California. I am a full time mom...I am the typical soccer mom. I carpool to soccer, taekwondo, volunteer at three schools, take the little one to classes, do playgroups, and basically try to stay awake!

My background (B.S. Degree) is in Criminal Justice, but I would really love to open a cake supply shop in the next few years.

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 5:47am
post #8 of 72

I could type for a long time on this subject so I'll force myself to be brief as it is nearing my bedtime. icon_lol.gif

I am Christyann, a 41 year old wife and mother.
Married for 20 years to my wonderful husband, David.
I am stay home to take care of and educate ( we homeschool) our eight children.
The oldest is almost 17 and the baby is 8 months old.
We have five girls and three boys.
I have only been decorating for two years. Took three classes at a Michael's.
I read ( in my spare time icon_wink.gif )
As well as draw, sew- ( mostly quilts lately) I just learned how to knit. icon_smile.gif

As for cc it is the only website I visit. I'm not computer literate so I get lots of help from my dds when I load pictures....that is why I'll load like ten at a time and then nothing for three months. icon_razz.gif

Welcome aboard.
mommachris

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 6:08am
post #9 of 72

Nice to meet you. I'm Amy, I live in Kissimmee Fl. Moved here less than a year ago from Hawaii. (big change)
I'm 35, with 2 boys. 13 and 3. My hubby is a life flight pilot, so as long as I squeeze every penny, I get to stay home with my kids until the little one starts school. Cake decorating is a hobby, don't laugh, but my #1 favorite thing to do is to play paintball. You got it, I get to shoot people and get away with it! icon_lol.gif
There is a thread from a while back that's called "let me see what you look like" and there you will find all sorts of pictures and bios. from alot of us CCers.
Good to meet you,
Amy

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 6:12am
post #10 of 72

My name is Shellie Burton and I live on the southern border of Virginia. I just turned 32, and on Oct. 14, I will celebrate my 14th anniversary with Eric. We have 2 great kids. By day I am a customer service manager for a major trucking company (if any of you shop at Dollar General stores on the east coast, you're probably buying products that I got delivered to the warehouse, woohoo!) We have three cats, one, Squeaky, who is nearly 12 and sadly starting to show her age a bit, and two 1 year old cats named Mac and Cheese. (yes, we let the kids name them!) Squeaky got her name because we rescued her when she was so tiny that she couldn't meow properly. My kids, my cats, my cakes and constant reading keep me busy.

Happy to meet all of you!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 8:15am
post #11 of 72

Hello Charlie, and everyone! I'm Anna and I live in Little Rock, Arkansas. I've lived in Arkansas my entire life (so far) and married a guy from Iowa who accepted a position with a company here. My husband and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary in August this year and we have a 19 year old son. We also have a cat which my son calls his sister. icon_smile.gif

Long ago I was a commercial artist, but hated it, so I went back to school. Then I was an ER nurse for 10 years and an oncology/chemotheraphy nurse in a cancer clinic for 3 years. Since shortly before my son was born, I've been a SAHM. While he was in elementary school I was an almost-full-time school volunteer. I've been decorating cakes for almost 20 years. I love it, and I love the smiles on people's faces when I hand them their cakes. There is nothing I'd rather be doing.

And I love CakeCentral. The members here are so loving and supportive. It's wonderful to belong to a community where everyone loves what you love! There is nothing better on the internet than CakeCentral!

frog80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frog80 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 12:28pm
post #12 of 72

Hello all! My name is Tonya, I am 27 and live in Hamlet, NC (on the NC/SC border). I will be married to my wonderful DH for 7 years, also the same as Shelbur10, on Oct. 14. We have 2 beautiful boys, Grant 6, and Tucker will be 2 next month. I live in the same town that I grew up in. I worked in insurance for 3 years before being taken out for pregnancy trouble with my 2nd child. Since then, I have been a stay at home mom. I fell into baking about 1 1/2 year ago and have been doing it ever since. I have just been building it up and have started my own business. I stay pretty busy and do not have time to do much else with the cakes, my son's school, football, soccer, or whatever sport my son is playing at that time, and of course, the house work. (My guys' method of cleaning is "if you can't see it, it's clean") icon_lol.gif !! I discovered cc last year, and have been adicted to it ever since. Glad to meet everyone. icon_biggrin.gif

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 12:52pm
post #13 of 72

Hi! My name is Staci and I am thirty-seven years old. I live in Texas with my husband and four sons. Our children also learn at home (waves to mommachris).

<long pause while considering who I am>

I love being around my brilliant children (ages 7, 8, almost 11, and 14). They have taught me so much.

We have eight (yes, eight) cats. A stray cat had kittens in our closest neighbor's shop and we got to keep them. They've all been spayed and neutered, so our pride of cats is complete- no more. We also have a sweet, beautiful dog named Gaby.

I love reading- my favorite writer is Terry Pratchett, hence, my member name: Rincewind. Though, I tend to think that I'm more like Granny (Esme) Weatherwax- but not really. I just like the cut of her jib. icon_smile.gif

I've been a vegetarian for over twenty years now (though I do eat things that contain eggs and dairy [hello, cake!]). Which brings me to why I'm here: I love baking and decorating sweets!

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 6:47pm
post #14 of 72

Hi, My name is Toni. I live in Italy because I came for a holiday....... and met my husband. We have been married 8 years. I am 36. We have two children, Annabella 7, & Joseph 3. I admire all of you with more children.... I think I will be stopping with two! (although I am one of four.. I am also an identical twin).

In Australia I was a Registered Nurse.... Now I make jewellery and CAKES... sell whenever the possibility arises. cakes are taking over the jewellery at the moment... which is not good for my waisteline icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Can't go a day without looking at CC, latest cakes... and reading the odd forum!!!

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 7:56pm
post #15 of 72

Hello, my name is Patti and I am an addict
[oops, wrong thread.LOL CC addict that is]
I am 55 yrs old was a widow for 18 yrs and then met my next door neighbor when I moved to a new town, [He had also just moved from another state a month before me] 5 1/2 yrs ago. we have been married for 3 1/2 yrs now.I have 3 dds and 1 son 36,35,31, and 22. He has 2 dds 31 and 36.I have 5 dgks'I love making all kinds of things. i used to make curtains for others and install them,My sister taught me, after my first dh passed away.We had a pretty good business going for awhile. It was when the Country ruffled curtains were popular.Now my dh and I are self employed doing merchandising in several different stores, we stock the silk flowers in Walmart and do Am Greeting cards and have a few Dollar stores that we do all kinds of jobs in. Most of the time we only work about 4 days a week. I also have a small business going with one of my dds. It is a playhouse for birthday parties and we furnish all of the supplies including the cake. We are having an open house on oct 20 for Halloween.
http://www.myspace.com/wilsoncountyplayhouse

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 1:21pm
post #16 of 72

hello everyone! My name is Devon and I am 27 years old. I met my husband ten years ago online and we have been married for just over four years. We don't have any children but we have two very spoiled cats that rule the house. I stay at home basically taking care of the house and spending time on cc. I got interested in making cakes just over two years ago when I saw the professional caddy kit at jo-anns and wanted it really bad and wound up with it for a birthday present and I have loved it ever since!

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:11pm
post #17 of 72

LOL at Patticake...I'm reading along and completely feel like I'm at a CA meeting (Cakers Anonymous hahaha!)

Hi to all, I'm Nikki, yes it says Sarah, but only official people call me that. I've been a cake addict for almost 8 years now. I'm a total southern girl. Born in Alabama, grew up most of my young life in Arkansas, and now I'm a prould NOLA girl and have been here for 14 years. I couldn't imagine raising my kids in any other culture. I'm happpily married, even though sometimes I believe that's an oxymoron, for just over 10 years now. And we have 3 of the most angelic little demons, uh, I mean children. My favorite things to do are spending time with my family and amazing friends, decorating cakes (duh), procrastinating online (like I am right now), singing in the car with my kids (we're a great quartet), and a whole bunch of other things I just NEVER have time for. And I love love love to talk someones ear off (no you couldn't tell could you). I'm a silly kind of sarcastic, so if something seems rude, just reread it in a silly sweet sarcastic tone and you'll get that that's just what it is.

Nice to meet you, BTW!

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:29pm
post #18 of 72

Im Riana from sunny South Africa, Im happily married to my best friend for 19 years now and have two monster teenage boys aged 16 and 12 and a lil princess of 2. I have been decorating for about a year and a half now and am totally hooked. Im also a cc addict, before my 1st cuppa in the morning I have to check in on my cc buddies icon_smile.gif

mom2owen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2owen1 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 7:30pm
post #19 of 72

Hi! I am Kris, SAHM to two boys - soon to be 3 and soon to be 1. I live in Central IL. Other then cakes, I love to scrapbook. I also dabble a little in sewing and photography. I was in Event Marketing before the kids were born and miss the excitment.

I am in the process of starting my own scrapbooking business, but doing cakes for others has taken off in the last few months. Now it is all I talk about it seems. So I am toying with the idea of doing cakes instead of scrapbooking.

Kris

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 10:54pm
post #20 of 72

Hello everyone! I think this thread is great - I love to read about everyone on here!

My name is Tammi. I'm 31 and I have been married to my husband Mark for 8 years now. I'm originally from Oregon but we moved to Pennsylvania in 2000 to take care of my husband's parents. We're not huge East Coast fans and do miss Oregon so much (GO DUCKS!) but I make the best of it with cake decorating. We don't have any children yet but will be trying in the next couple of years so that's pretty exciting.

We are major football fans and I love to sing. We're reality show junkies (Bachelor, Beauty & the Geek, Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares) - fun stuff really, not too much of Survivor or Amazing Race. I got bored sitting behind the desk and decided to try to make Cake Decorating a full business and I have been really lucky so far. I have never found so much inspiration in one place before so this board & site are invaluable to me. There is so much talent here and I thank everyone!

Thanks for starting the thread - I hope more people say helllo through it!

Tammi

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:04am
post #21 of 72

Ok my turn...
My name is Faye McMullen, I am 43 years old and I live in Ocoee Florida (outside of Orlando).
I have been married to Michael for 20 years in November. I have 3 children TC is 25,Ryan is 14 and Madison is 12. TC is married and has two children so that makes me a memaw (not Grandma) to Ty and Caliyah.
I have worked for the same company for 20 years as a Payroll Manager. I took cake decorating classes a year and a half ago and fell in love with it. icon_biggrin.gif My goal is to open my own shop in the next couple of years.
I love Cake Central and I get so much help from everyone. There are alot of people I would love to meet on here but there are to many to name and I wouldn't want to forget anyone. thumbs_up.gif

frostingfairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostingfairy Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:00pm
post #22 of 72

Me next icon_biggrin.gif Hi everyone...I'm Erika - Jersey girl born and raised. My husband and I got married last December and I have 2 great kids from my first marriage (ds is 9.5, dd is 7). I work full time at a local university; in my wild youth I was a professional actress (part-time). I channel that energy now into caking and painting (walls, floors, furniture, you name it, I'll paint it). Hubby and I love going to concerts, and I sing in the car...LOUDLY icon_lol.gif
Nice to meet you all!

frostingfairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostingfairy Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 8:01pm
post #23 of 72

oops, double post icon_redface.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 9:36pm
post #24 of 72

My turn icon_biggrin.gif Hi everyone, my name is Vicki. I just turned 34 last month and I have been decorating cakes for about 10 years now. It all started with my DD's 2nd birthday cake. It was a Pooh Bear cake decorated with canned icing, but oh man, was I hooked! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif I was just recently able to find this pan again in a thrift store, and I am seriously considering framing it for when I can finally open my own shop. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I have been married, mostly happily, icon_lol.gif, for 3.5 years. I have two little girls, 10 and 12, and two step-boys, 15 and 20. We are the modern day mini Brady bunch. icon_lol.gif

I work for the City of Tucson as a cashier, and as a result, get a lot of orders to make retirement and birthday cakes.

Nice to meet all of you. I love this place!! icon_biggrin.gif

pastrygirl33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl33 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:04am
post #25 of 72

Hi, my turn, my name is Tammy 33 years old. I live in Montreal, Quebec Canada. I have a wonderful Husband we've been married 8 years. But have been together for 16 years in total.We have a fantastic little boy Luka he's 2 and a half this month, and keeps us on our toes. I'm a stay at home mom since I had him and went to culinary school at night after he was born. I love pastry making and cake decorating and am slowly building my clientele for my home based business. My husband works in an office and is often away on business trips , we both hope that someday we could open up a small bakery/cafe here. We are both of italian descent although we speak English and French fluently, I'm sure you all know about Quebec and the French. It truly is a beautiful city though especially old Montreal it is just like Paris I swear it. We are very european here.I wouldn't want to live no where else. My hobbies are reading, collecting recipes and cookbooks, being online with hubby too, he enjoys this site as well. I like being creative and will try anything.. a few times. I have a funny sense of humor and like sarahnicole975 may sometimes sound rude but I'm really not!! Just a stupid sorta sarcastic. So anyhoo that's me! This was fun I would love to meet people from here someday I wonder if that could ever happen, Like some big huge worldwide convention!!wow!!

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 12:54pm
post #26 of 72

Hi All, my name is Lorene, live in the sunny Okanagan Valley (Napa of the North) of British Columbia, Canada. We just moved here 4 years ago, from the Vancouver area where I grew up.
I am 48 years old, I have been with my husband for 11 years, married for 7. We have 5 kids, 27,24 his, and 24,21,19 mine. The youngest just moved out this spring....young man, knows everything...you know the drill, has a career as apprentice joiner! Expecting my 24 year old back soon, she will be finishing school soon and needs to stay with us until she gets her dental hygiene license. (takes a month or two). I want grandchildren, but I know when to shut my mouth since no body is ready yet...or finished school....etc, etc.
I have been a dental assistant for 26 years, looking at trying to get out of the business soon, tired of talking teeth. Want to talk cakes!! more fun...
Trying to get the cake business started over the next 6 months...
Love reading about all of you, we love to travel, and it is neat to know that as a CC'er, we have friends all over the world!

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 3:45pm
post #27 of 72

Wow! This is great! Nice to meet all of you!

My name is Amy. I'm 35 soon to be 36 icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif . I have been married to my husband for 9 years. We met 15 years ago so our marriage feels like FOREVER! I love him dearly though! I am a SAHM to two boys 5 and a soon to be three year old in December.

I have been decorating for 7 years and have loved every minute of it. A day doesn't go by that I am not on CC for at least an hour. Used to be much more but I just wasn't getting anything done around the house. icon_rolleyes.gif

I have made a ton of friends here on CC and have been helped not only in my cake decorating but on a personal level as well thanks to this forum!

Amy

DanielleHester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleHester Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:22pm
post #28 of 72

Kettlevalleygirl, I went to dental assistant school too.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 7:24pm
post #29 of 72

Hi everyone, I'm Michelle, living in lovely Pennsylvania. DH and I have been married for nearly 10 yrs., and have 2 kids, Lily (4.5) and David (2.5) and Molly, the golden retriever. I grew up in south GA spending lots of time with my paternal grandmother, who is an awesome baker and cook in general, and have always loved food and cooking.

I wanted to go to college to be a nurse but my mother convinced me I was a fool if I didn't go to medical school instead, so I chose to major in Hospitality Admin at Georgia State University, thinking I'd go to work at some glamorous hotel and get to have lunch with clients. Having never worked in the hospitality industry before, it came as quite a shock to me the long hours and little pay! And long hours. Got into catering sales at an upscale hotel in NJ, did that for a few years, ended up as a Director of Catering here in PA after we built our house. Now I am a SAHM. DH is a recruiter for the insurance industry and commutes 2 hours each way into Philadelphia every day. But at least I get the chance to be with my kids.

It's really nice to be a part of such a wonderful community.

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 8:01pm
post #30 of 72

Hi, I am Cathy. I live in Midway, Colorado out in the boonies on 6 acres. I have been married for 8 yrs to Mike who is 18 yrs my senior. icon_smile.gif I have been blessed with what I think is the greatest man in the world. We don't have any children, but consider our 2 shelties Holmes and Bandit our babies. Between our sides of the family we have about 30 neices and nephews which keeps us plenty busy. My husband is 1 of 10. I am 1 of 3. We spend a lot of time with my family which I cherish.
I am in Telecommunications, I program and repair phone systems and voice equipment. My husband is a network engineer and also runs a business providing telecommunication and network services. Yep we are IT geeks!

My dream is to one day make cake decorating my sole career. Along with cake decorating I love to do just about any craft and love playing bingo on the internet. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%