Uploading More Than One Photo?

Decorating By KathysCC Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 5:39am by dandelion56602

KathysCC Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:48am
post #1 of 8

Just curious...when you upload a photo it says that
"Duplicate photos are not allowed."

So how come almost every day I see people uploading more than one photo of their cakes. Today I saw one cake with 5 photos. Are there no photo "police" here? Maybe it's just me, but it just seems that lately there have been more and more duplicate photos.

I ask for two reasons.
1. When going to look at the new photos for the day I see a picture 5 photos away from one that is the same cake. It's a little confusing and sometime irritating because I like to look at all the new cakes but don't like pulling up the same cakes over and over. And sometimes you can't tell from the thumbnails that it is the same cake. Do you know what I mean? icon_confused.gif

2. I have some insane fear that we will use up all the cake central photo space and they will have to start removing some of them before I get to see them all. icon_cry.gif

7 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:59am
post #2 of 8

As far as "No duplicates allowed" that is just no duplicates of the exact same photo. That doesn't mean you can't upload more than one photo of the same cake. I am not sure what the rules are on how many photos of the same cake you can upload.

marthajo1 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 5:09am
post #3 of 8

It says when you upload a picture to limit it to one photo unless there is something new to show BUT to limit it to NO MORE than 2 photos of any one cake! Yeah... there are a lot of people who just plain out don't listen to the rules! icon_lol.gif it is right there in the agreement you have to click that you agree to! icon_lol.gif This is why I started to do photo montages!

Heath Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 8

you all are the "photo police", every photo has a REPORT PHOTO button. If you feel there are unnecessary additional photos of a cake, use that button on them and give DUPLICATE PHOTOS as the reasons. This will alert us to look at the photos, and to contact the member who posted them to remind them of the rules.

marthajo1 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 8

So Heath-- Question? I usually jot off a quick very nice note to someone if I notice that the birthday girl (or whoever) is in the photo unblurred. Would it be better to let you guys know with the report a photo thing instead? I am always really nice and nobody has ever "cussed" me out! icon_lol.gif Just wanted to know what you would prefer!

KathysCC Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 8

kimberlina25...you can click on upload photo and read the rules about uploading photos.

Heath...I don't want to be a tattle tale or get anyone mad at me for reporting their photo. I honestly thought the report photo button was for obscene ones or something.

Who can judge how many is too many? In my opinion, unless someone asks for a close up of something on the cake or the cake, for some reason has two sides, I don't ever think you need two. I always try to photograph my cakes from one angle that shows everything.

I asked this question for the reasons I listed above and because I have tried to follow the rules so closely and wondered why others weren't.

crazycakes2007 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 8:00pm
post #7 of 8

I think we need to remember that everyone has good intentions when using cake central. Some of us birdbrains like me sometimes miss the rules. I would assume that the "report photo" button is anonymous and know that Heath and Jackie are kind when giving a friendly reminder.

dandelion56602 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:39am
post #8 of 8

Would you mind telling us how to make a photo collage? I have a couple of cakes that are different all around & would like to post the pictures, but not on different posts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%