Wedding Cake Design Pro Program

Business By leily Updated 22 Feb 2008 , 10:01pm by TheButterWench

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:32am
post #1 of 24

I had been interested in this program, but haven't seen any tutorials on it or anything. I happened across this YouTube video of someone using it if anyone wants to see a general layout of the program. This answered quite a few of my basic questions, but I still haven't decided if it is worth the investment right now... someday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2JBo2FuM8&mode=related&search=

23 replies
CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 6:02am
post #2 of 24

I purchased the program at the ICES convention.

I have the program and thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif even though it's only the early phases of it. There are some things it won't do like Oval cakes or whimsy and some color changes but what it does do is GREAT! The thing I've found myself telling brides is that the picture of the cake is a computer generation, in the real world cakes have flaws and it won't be as flawlessly perfect as the program image icon_lol.gif ..

I think it's definitely worth what they charge for it. It's a great tool to have to play with. The only thing is it'd be nice to have it on a laptop that I can take to cake meetings so that I can design the cake right there on the spot instead of having to draw something out, take it back to the computer, key it all in, etc. etc. etc. It's also pretty user friendly, then again, I bought it at the convention and at the Sunday Night of Sharing the gal who was at their booth had her laptop so we could play with it and ask any questions about how things work with it. There are still a few things they're working out with it the main thing being that they're going to be offering upgrade packages in the future because they couldn't do everything they wanted the program to do and have it reasonable to get into people's hands right away.

Either way, I LOVE the program!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 10:30am
post #3 of 24

Seems pretty interesting.

I think I'll just wait until they work all the kinks out before making an investment.

We have our huge cake show in Jan or Feb here. I wonder if they will be there. I'd like to see it up close.

dolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolittle Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 24

I like that ! thumbs_up.gif What was the cost and do they have a website?

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 24

OMG! I completely forgot I bought the program at the fair! It's still among all the t-shirts and stuff in bags we bought. oh goody goody....

THANK YOU FOR THE REMINDER!!!

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 24

I really do want to by this, i having been thinking about it for a while. Now im sure i will. it looks great.
Thank you for sharing it with us leily.

dolittle I think it said $49.95, here is the website:

http://www.weddingcakedesignpro.com/index.html

dolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolittle Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:14pm
post #7 of 24

Thanks! The price isn't that bad. icon_smile.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 24

I think thats really cool, that would save time in having to draw out all the designs, I might just download it today.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:22pm
post #9 of 24

I'd love to have this but can't afford it right now... wish there was a free trial or free version available lol

Erdica Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:03pm
post #10 of 24

That price isn't that bad.

I wish they had a trial version too. Just to check it out.

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:06pm
post #11 of 24

What I do since I don't have a laptop is to just print out the most common cakes and shapes that brides book and take the blank cakes to the tastings. That way instead of having to free-hand it and take longer, I can go immediately to what is being done to the cake given its shape and size (most brides really go with round or square)..

Not having to sit and draw out designs also helps the brides get an idea of what the cake is going to look like when it's all finished.

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 6:42pm
post #12 of 24

I thought I would add this one show you some more

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 11:10pm
post #13 of 24

I have also previously looked at this before (actually a lot of times, its on my dream list) and agree with Erdica.

Maybe we could start contacting them and asking if they could make a trial version.

Maybe the only reason they dont have one is because it is marketed towards Brides and not cake decorators.

Cheryl

leily Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 6:01am
post #14 of 24

Thanks for all of the feedback on this program! I have been looking for a trial version also (even if it is only 30-60 mins or something just so I can play around) But I haven't been able to find anything like that.

Thanks for the other link too!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 3:12pm
post #15 of 24

Trials are funny things. If they are marketing to brides, then I doubt it would work for them, because a bride could just get the trial, design her cake, and never buy the software.

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #16 of 24

Darn it, ladies! Now I had to add another gift idea to my kaboodle.com list! At least DH will have plenty of things to choose from! icon_wink.gif
He is admittedly gift-challenged, so list is his way out of the doghouse.

all4cake Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 4:56pm
post #17 of 24

LOL@FrostinGal

I have been playing with mine since I installed it last night. It was ever so helpful in designing an anniversary cake for DH and me for our 25th next year. I'm sure I'll change my mind a thousand times between now and then but for now, I'm happy with it.

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm
post #18 of 24

Congrats on the upcoming 25th anniversary! Way to go! Do it up big!!

all4cake Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 6:30am
post #19 of 24

Thank you very much!

It ain't until next October. I have scads of time. It'll probably be like Christmas and sneak up on me.

leily Posted 7 Oct 2007 , 2:17pm
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

Trials are funny things. If they are marketing to brides, then I doubt it would work for them, because a bride could just get the trial, design her cake, and never buy the software.

I got to thinking about this same thing after I posted yesterday.

absolutecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absolutecakes Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 5:36am
post #21 of 24

I just ordered mine today, I can't wait to try it!

Katie

Erdica Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 10:42am
post #22 of 24

I guess to me, it would make more sense to market this towards bakers as opposed to brides. When I was getting married, I wouldn't have spent $50 on a program just to design my cake. Not when there's about a billion pictures of cakes around.

It would be great for a trial. DH and I were talking about it. He's a computer guy and he questions how they would do upgrades to the program and if it would be something extra that would be added as well as an added price. I may just email them and ask.

I do have quite a bit of brides who really have no idea how they want their cake. This would have been helpful with my last consultation. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ivy419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy419 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 9:56pm
post #23 of 24

I Was so excited to get wedding cake pro design and i purchased it for 69.95 Last week. BIG MISTAKE!! I had problems since day1 of downloading this software, I downloaded and had no instructions on what to do .the key for the serial number did not work so i had to keep entering it in. Did not know it only came whit three keys once again no instruction! so i decided to call them NO NUMBER??? thats odd so i finally found the number on my reciept. I called three times no answer. finally i got a hold of some one . they said that they would email me a key. waited 4 hours afrer leaving a message. finall they key came. put it into my computer it worked. Finally i get to see what it was all about, I start designing my cake and all of the sudden the cake becomes a shadow?? so i email back the support they say that you need to let us know what type of computer you have and what it was in it? a big long list they wanted me to fill out. My computer is 3 days old brand new top of the line computer. so i spend another 30 min trying to get all the info they requested and figured out it wasnt worth the hassel, so i asked for a refund and didnt wish to troubleshoot anymore. They didnt resopnd to the refund they just kept on trying to get me to download diffrent programs in order for the software to work. Why would you need to install additional programs to get one program to work properly???? and that didnt even work asked for another refund, they didnt resopnd. just kept on with wanting to troubleshoot. so thais had gone on a week and on my last message asked for a refund a gain. and their respons was NO REFUNDS. I will be looking for assistance with this , because that is not fair to the consumer all i got to say is proceed with caution with this software. thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:01pm
post #24 of 24

I just found out I don't have enough RAM to run it so now I have to go out and buy some.

I can get all the way through the program right up to the part to add the flowers. Then it freezes and freezes the computer too.

sigh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%