Anybody Watch Ghost Hunters On The Sci Fi Channel?

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm by Luxe42

wgoat5 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 18

I do!!! And the place that I am going to was on there last night 10/3 icon_biggrin.gif

Waverly Hills Sanitarium (SP) WOOO HOOO one of the most documented haunted places in the USA AND I GET TO GOOOOOO!!! YIPPPPEEE

ok Im sorry I am just so excited about this because I am sooo interested in things that have been happening to me. But if any of you seen the episode last night give me a hollar!! icon_biggrin.gif

Cakes and Ghosts what a combo aa? LOL

17 replies
baker4life Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 18

Didn't watch yesterday's episode, but I have watched the show before. I really like it!!!!!!

I'm curious, what will you be doing there?
I love these kinds of shows!!

wgoat5 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 18

Get to go on a tour of the place icon_biggrin.gif

They have Halloween tours...but let me tell you ...when I was a kid we snuck up there (its on a hill) and went in....OMG us girls were so scared and the boys just made it worse. What was weird is there were like 20 dead racoons in 1 room icon_sad.gif .

We didn't make it upstairs..just the first floor...and it hadn't been sold yet...that was years ago.

They said 64,000 people died in that place AND they have documented shadow people icon_smile.gif

Ive got chills talking about it! I can't wait. I go in 2 weeks YIPPPPEE (oh yeah did I mention DH is sitting in the car ? LOL)

baker4life Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 18

I love watching those shows in the dark and then I get scared out of my mind and can't sleep at night, hubby thinks I'm crazy.

Have you every watched that show on vh1 or mtv? there were two of them, celebrity paranormal project and fear.

I thought they had a episode that was filmed in there.

Do you know if they let you take pictures?

wgoat5 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 18

I don't think they would mind...Im taking my camera my friend icon_biggrin.gif

Oh oh I LOVE scary movies and anything about the paranormal...I love to be scared...BUT NEVER watch the movie VACANCY by yourself LOL

I was crying I was so scared.

baker4life Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 18

That would be freaky if you took pictures with "images" on them! Can you post a couple when you go, and let us know how it was! Is the tour in the day or night?

Vacancy, I had wanted to see that movie since it came out, was it really that scary?!?

wgoat5 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 18

OMG was it scary!!!! It could of been real!! It ended kinda crappy, and I won't go there so you can see it but it WAS that scary...but you are talking to a person who can watch any scary movie in the world..but NEVER will I watch Children of the Corn by myself at night LOL (scared my children might become possessed I guess LOL)

Oh I will post pics for you if you'd like!

baker4life Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:14am
post #8 of 18

Yes please post them if you can, I'm also really interested in the paranormal.
We have wierd things that have happened in our house that we can't explain, people think I'm crazy!
And it doesn't happen to my hubby, only when I'm home. (I think it's my mom who died a couple of years ago)
I wish I had stuff like that around me, I would love to go on tours like that!

wgoat5 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:21am
post #9 of 18

I know how that dad has been hanging around I think....he died last Oct. ! Things that nobody can explain.

Good example....I went to visit the cemetary and my youngest DD as we were driving away was waving...I said who are you waving to. She said papaw and granddaddy (something like that). Nobody was there of course cause dad and my DH's dad is dead. But lot's happen in Mom's house and in mine.

baker4life Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:38am
post #10 of 18

Okay, I would've been freaking out if I were you !

We have our dog, who I find sitting in our living room facing the walls just staring. When I call him, he ignores me. I have to go by him and then he moves. He sits facing the stairs, I'll see him looking over my shoulder. There's alot of wierd things the dog does!

When my mom was alive, her big thing was she would always pick up pennies off of the ground.
When my dad moved after her death, I found 3 pennies on the windowsill of his new house. The had a walk-thru before and the house was spotless. That one still rattles me.

So now everythime I find I penny I always say Hi to her because I believe that she is letting me know she's around!

cykrivera Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:00am
post #11 of 18

yeah we watched last night. I love when they catch stuff! It was a good one. That's awesome that you are going to go there. Have fun. You'll have to tell us all about it! Maybe you'll see some shadow people!!!!

mkerton Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:46am
post #12 of 18

are you talking about the TAPS group?? Love those shows!!! My DH and I went to Eureka Springs, AK for our 1 year anniversary and took the haunted tour of the Cresent Hotel...... didnt see/feel anything during the tour (it started at like 8 at night)..... anyway when Taps went there they documented some pretty cool stuff. I was impressed.

mocakes Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 11:19pm
post #13 of 18

My 10 year old son and I watch it together every week!! There is a place here in St. Louis called the Lemp Mansion that TAPS investigated and they have dinner theaters there. I have often thought about taking DH there for fun....but I am kinda chicken!

wgoat5 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:30am
post #14 of 18

Ok update guys.....on Oct. 31st on Ghost Hunters they are going to be LIVE at the Waiverly Sanitarium in Louisville (one of the most haunted places in the US where they have caught ghosts icon_smile.gif )

So be on the look out....we are going to try to go next Friday night for the tour icon_smile.gif WOOO HOOOO icon_smile.gif

jenwright Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 9:23pm
post #15 of 18

So, what happened? How did it go?

I'm gonna watch the Live show on Halloween...can't wait!

mewie Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 12:22pm
post #16 of 18

Hey Christi,

Talking about creepy stuff, I dont know if you caught the TAPS group in Salem, Ma., I believe it was on last Wed. or Thurs. night. They investigated 2 places, one a tavern now on the site of the birthplace of one of the witches who was part of the witch hysteria and a very old hotel, The Hawthorne. They didnt find anything significant while they were there. Salem is the place we go every year for the Haunted Happenings weekends, Im telling you the place is loaded with history and hauntings!!

wgoat5 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:10pm
post #17 of 18

Ok guys.....we were gonna go and just didn't have the time icon_sad.gif dear cousin (GOD love her) got us private tour tickets for the weekend of the 21st icon_smile.gif . That is my bday gift from her icon_biggrin.gif

It will be better's a 2 hour tour and it's just the 4 of us (NO KIDS WOOO HOOO)

I CANT wait till Wed. night....hey that live show runs from 8 central time till 1:30 am!!!!

Oh Michele I would LOVE to go to Salem!!! Like I said we go to St. Augustine every year 2 or 3 times a year and have a blast with the student actors down there that give the ghost tours. Scariest place there...the old lighthouse!!

Have a great day ya'll and be safe on Halloween!!!

Bawwww ha ha ha icon_biggrin.gif

Luxe42 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:46pm
post #18 of 18

I watched this show for the first time last week. The unknown can be so frightening!

Enjoy your upcoming tour Goat! Thanks for the heads up on the live show thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%