Can I Pay Myself

Business By butrcup Updated 3 Aug 2005 , 1:40pm by bubblezmom

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 1:03am
post #1 of 3

I know the majority of people who visit this site have other careers than cakes so maybe someone can answer this...
I am a sales rep for a large company during normal hours, I just recently started playing with sugar (not sure if it was because I quit smoking or broke up with the boyfriend, but here I am) Anyway, every year I send gift baskets as thanks yous and for the holidays filled with cookies,etc to my customers which we normally order from whoever, I realize that I'm not skilled enough yet, but should I reach a decent level, can I pay myself to do that?

2 replies
elena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elena Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 1:38am
post #2 of 3

you should always consider yourself as an employee. i worked for a company that asked me to copy their logo, not only did i custom make cookie cutters to match, i also decorated them exactly like his picture. he paid me like a supplier. had nothing to do for the work i normally did. always consider work like that as a seperate job. I THINK!

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 3

Not sure what you mean by pay yourself. If your're a sales rep, then I do not think it would be appropriate to expense out the gift baskets you make yourself. Conflict of interest. If you have a legit gift basket business, then your supervisor could pay you for your services. No problem there.

good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%