Help With What To Write 1St Anniversary Of Death Of Newborn

Decorating By giggysmack Updated 9 Oct 2007 , 12:35am by rockii

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 36

My friend gave birth to her stillborn infant girl Jericka one year ago today. She was 4 days overdue. We have all been saddned by this loss and are still. She wants me to make her a cake Birthday?Memorial? She wants just a simple round with pale yellow but I am stuck on what to write. She does want a message of some kind. Ant tips or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank, Lori

35 replies
vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 36

Oh my goodness, just reading this post brought tears to my eyes. I don't even think I could make that cake without losing it.

How about:
"Happy 1st Birthday Jericka, our Dear Angel in Heaven"

or

"Jericka, thinking of you on your 1st Birthday, may you dance with the Angels in Heaven"

wysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wysmommy Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 36

I can't imagine wanting a cake to memorialize such a difficult event, but then again, everyone morns in their own way.

I think I would go with something very simple like:

"For Jericka" or "In Honor of Jericka"

Good luck, and I'm so sorry for what your friend has had to go through. It happened to a very good friend of mine and changed her life forever.
-Michelle

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 36

Or going on what vdrsolo was saying.. how about just 'Our Angel Jericka'. or something like 'Forever in our hearts'.

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 36

My heart goes out to the mom...

If it were me, I wouldn't want the cake to say Happy 1st Birthday or anything like that--it would be too painful. I would definitely do something related to angels..."Thinking of you Jericka....Our Sweet Angel in Heaven" ... or something like that.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 36

how about doing an outline of angel wings and the words "i believe" which can mean many different things to individual people. i miscarried last christmas, and i feel so much for this mother.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:47pm
post #7 of 36

I'm so sorry for your friend and for all those who loved little Jericka. {{hug}} My sister lost two, and she's never been quite the same.

I think my favorite baby memorial quote is "Blossomed on earth to bloom in Heaven."

Deanna

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:50pm
post #8 of 36

I guess if it were my commission, unless they wanted writing on the cake, I would go with something like the pink rose basket cake or the sunflower cake (both in my pix) with no writing on it. On the pink rose basket cake, that was for an elderly twin who had lost her sister recently and they requested I write "happy birthday Irene, best friends forever." It's a little different situation, but you could adapt it for this cause.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:52pm
post #9 of 36

"Remains in the arms of God."

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:53pm
post #10 of 36

your poor friend....I had a stillborn as well..about ten yrs. ago and believe them when they say their lives are forever changed!! That is something you never get over, but with time you learn to accept. Are your friends religious??? That would make a huge difference on what you write on the cake!!!

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:56pm
post #11 of 36

I am sorry to hear about your friends daughter, our daughter was born still 5 weeks ago at 36 weeks. what about something like

Happy 1 year Angelversary Jericka

(((HUGS))) to your friend and you
Amy

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:00pm
post #12 of 36

The first thing I thought of was putting a tree with an empty child's swing hanging from a branch. I'd go with something like that say "Remembering Jericka"

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:01pm
post #13 of 36

Friends of mine had a memorial for their eldest DD last weekend on what would have been her 18th Bday. She has only been gone for a 3 mon.
On her cake they wrote "Forever in our Hearts, Amanda"

On the same note just so yall know the Ronald McDonald House is great.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:11pm
post #14 of 36

I was going to suggest "Forever in our hearts". I have several sisters who have miscarried, and my daughter in law miscarried in August. I'm sorry for your friend's loss. It's something I cannot imagine. I like the angel wing idea too, maybe with just Jerika beneath.

Sandra80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra80 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:22pm
post #15 of 36

i like the forever in our hearts thing.
my aunt had a stillborn son a week before my daughter was born last december and it was so sad. it is still so sad to see her because i can tell that she is thinking that her son would be doing whatever my daughter does now. what was really hard was christmas when she brought over a bunch of bags over that were filled with diapers and formula that they had bought for their son before he was born. i can't imagine making her a cake for him.

peggyfci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peggyfci Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:30pm
post #16 of 36

I had twin boys when I was 30 the smaller one died before birth 7 months the other died minutes after delivery. I was so sick that I couldn't attend the funeral. When I was 40 I had another son Daniel he died at 7 months all our marriage 25 years my husband didn't acknowledge their existence until after our divorce. No body sent flowers or called either time. I think about them all the time now that I'm 48 and alone. I would just like thinking of you my littlest angel

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:33pm
post #17 of 36

I am so sorry for what your friend is going through. I also lost my daughter last year at 29 weeks. I didn't have a cake for her, but "Happy Angelversary" would be appropriate or "Forever in our hearts" is also fine. This is a very important date for your friend so putting a "1st" in there someplace would be appropriate. Personally, I would prefer angel wings over an empty swing...not that there's anything wrong with that idea, but your friend is well aware of the emptiness the baby left behind. Using her name would be very appropriate. Is there a symbol your friend connects to her daughter? Sometimes a butterfly or ladybug...anything? Depending on the type of cake, maybe use "Happy 1st Angelversary Jercika" and if it's a round cake "Forever in our Hearts" around the side.

Also, just so you know, you must be a wonderful friend for your friend to put such trust in you for such an important day. Best of luck in your choices. (I don't really think there are any wrong ones, she just wants this day to be very special.)

Edited to add: I love the "Our little Angel" idea, too!

mrsmicbau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmicbau Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:33pm
post #18 of 36

... When we lost my nephew - 3yrs ago, (it feels like yesterday) I found this website - october15th.com to help us deal with our pain. Hope you find some ideas to comfort.

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:39pm
post #19 of 36

I don't really have a suggestion on what to write, but I would suggest maybe writing the message on a sort of plaque that they can keep.

My sister's grave stone has part of a poem by Shelley on it--
"Music, when soft voices die,
vibrates in the memory...
and so thy thoughts when thou art gone,
Love itself shall slumber on..."

sweetideas Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #20 of 36

Other sources: Babycenter.com (infant loss boards) Compassionate Friends (for the loss of any child) I thinks its compassionatefriends.org, but I can't remember for certain, the March of Dimes also has boards where you could post this question.

Sionann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sionann Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:53pm
post #21 of 36

The first ones came from thecomfortcompany.net and the last one i made up myself.

"Carried to Heaven on Angel's Wings"

"Sweet little flower of heavenly birth...you were too fair to bloom on earth."

"Safe in His Arms, Forever in our Hearts"

"If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever."

"Her laughter brings joy to all of Heaven."

I hope this helps and I'm very sorry for your friends loss. I can't begin to
imagine the feeling.

giggysmack Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 5:47pm
post #22 of 36

Thank You all who have posted. I am in tears, and we do certainly miss Jericka. I may refer my friend to this thread so she can choose. I will have to see how her day is going first.
Once again thank you to everyone who posted
and my heart goes out to all you for your losses

giggysmack Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 8:43pm
post #23 of 36

Thank you all who replied with some help for this here is the finished product
LL

mrsmicbau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmicbau Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 8:52pm
post #24 of 36

Oh mY! You did the most perfect cake... Beautiful.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 8:59pm
post #25 of 36

I can't imagine.... but it is beautiful! I am in tears for all of you who have lost your babies....

Asliceofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Asliceofcake Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 8:59pm
post #26 of 36

God works in mysterious ways , I am very sorry for your loss and hope the best for you all who have lost children. I will keep all of you in my prayers. It's good that CC is a palce where we can reach out to each other in our times of need. God does not allow things like this to happen without a blessing coming to you. So I will be praying for your blessing to come soon. Don't feel alone God Loves you and is with you even in your tough times when it don't feel like it. he is there, trust me, he is there.

Paizley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paizley Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 9:05pm
post #27 of 36

That is a very fitting, wonderful, beautiful cake for such an occassion. You couldn't have done it more perfectly.

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 9:18pm
post #28 of 36

icon_cry.gif I am sitting here with raging hormones, 15 weeks pregnant and bawling my eyes out. I am so very very sorry for all of you who have shared your painful losses both recent and past. My heart goes out to you! I think the cake you made is beautiful and it will be greatly appreciated when she see's how much love you put into it. Great job. Sniff sniff. icon_redface.gif

giggysmack Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:54am
post #29 of 36

Thank you all we just got back from her memorial/Angelday. She really liked her cake. It was a nice evening with a few tears. They are starting to have some more normal days. Hopefully she will be pregnant again soon so she can have another one to love.

sweetideas Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:18pm
post #30 of 36

It's very beautiful...Your design is perfect. I am sure she appreciates the love in it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%