Help!!!!

Decorating By frog80 Updated 4 Oct 2007 , 12:14pm by Bev55

frog80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frog80 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:14am
post #1 of 6

Customer called last night wanting to order a cake for the end of the month, no problem. . .then he asks if I can do one for Friday AM, ARGH icon_cry.gif . He said he has been in the hospital (not sure what for), and just went back to work this week. He said all of his co workers have been super supportive and very nice and he wanted to get them a cake to say thanks. I am totally drawing a blank on this. He doesn't need anything big. Probably about an 8", but being that he wants to get another cake at the end of the month, I'm worried if I don't do a good job on this one, he may not get the other one, so I really want to do a good job on this cake. Any ideas????

5 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:17am
post #2 of 6

I think first I would ask how many servings....... saying "nothing big" would mean different things to different people....

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:30am
post #3 of 6

yeah, nothing big to some might mean a sheet cake with a big "Thanks for your support" written on top and no big time decorations !!!!

frog80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frog80 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:58am
post #4 of 6

He just meant it only needed to feed about 15 people

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:13pm
post #5 of 6

Why not make a quarter sheet cake? It will give you plenty of space for a "Thank you for your support" message. I can guarantee people will finish off the cake while they are eating removing the leftover icing on the edge of the board. LOL!

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:14pm
post #6 of 6

Oophs! I mean while they are removing and eating the leftover icing on the edge of the cakeboard.Sorry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%