Oreo Storage

Baking By lolly1206 Updated 4 Oct 2007 , 5:47pm by JenWith

lolly1206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolly1206 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 5

I've read back through many of the old threads regarding chocolate covered oreos, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm hoping now that more and more people have experience with the molds, someone will be able to help. I have the molds from spinningleaf that I love to use. I'm going to be making about 200 of them for my sister's wedding.

How far in advance have you made and stored the oreos? Her wedding is October 20. Would I just keep them at room temperature? Freeze them? Refrigerate them? I don't want to be doing them at the last minute and would love to start them as soon as possible. When do you think I could start?

Thanks!

4 replies
ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:06am
post #2 of 5

I keep mine in plastic containers separated by either wax paper or paper towells - cool, dry place is best. I don't have much luck with the fridge or freezer - condensation is a pain! icon_smile.gif

HTH icon_smile.gif

lolly1206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolly1206 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:31am
post #3 of 5

Thanks, that does help.

What's the "oldest" oreos you have eaten? How long were they stored?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:52am
post #4 of 5

They don't last very long around my house! Kept in the fridge, they'd last for a very long time, though. We like our chocolate cold, so that's where we keep them (even the plain ones!).

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 5

I do exactly what Val does and if the wedding is this year 10/20 - I would start now! They may be little and simple but they do take some time. I also recommend ordering a couple more of the molds you will be using so that you can move the process along much faster.

HTH and good luck. Post pictures when you can!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%