Help!! I Need Suggestions...

Decorating By mccakes Updated 6 Dec 2006 , 2:43pm by Momof4luvscakes

mccakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccakes Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 5

I got a request for a sheet cake to feed 200 ppl and the theme is Happy Birthday Jesus. Can I even make a sheet cake to feed 200 ppl without it being ridiculous..also its for a preschool so the theme has to be tailored to kids... I was thinking of making it look like a big present wrapped in christmas paper with a large tag that read "happy birthday Jesus" ..any ideas would be appreciated and any ideas on how big I should make this thing...TIA

4 replies
jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 5

I like the idea you have for the present... that's cute!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 5

Well, I'm sure you will get others to respond but this is what i found in my wilton book: a 12 x 18 should feed 72 and a 14 x 22 should feed 98. Can you make two cakes? If not make sure you have a piece of board under it to hold the weight. I always find that wilton is a little on the high side of estimating because people always cut bigger slices but if it is just for little kids they might not. I think you idea for decorating sounds cute.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 5

I love your ideas... I only wanted to add, as CharlieinMO said, Wilton's servings are rather small, perfect for little kids but for adults I always calculate 25% more than what the Wilton's book say. I like my slices of cake to be on the generous side. HTH

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 5

I just did a Happy Birthday Jesus cake that is in my photos. We had our Christmas Pagent at church this past Sunday and it was a hit!! It had to feed 250.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%