Bump, Why???

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 5 Oct 2007 , 2:37pm by SugarBakerz

SugarBakerz Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 13

why bump in the photo gallery as a comment, just wondering.... especially the 1st one, this has happened to me more than once and then my photo just never gets seen again until a search is done, am I the only one this happens too?

12 replies
shalderman Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 13

I have no idea -I've never seen that done before? I have no idea what the purpose would be in a photo comment?

JanH Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 13

That's a new one for me, too!

SugarBakerz, you're "bumped" on the homepage and then your photo is replaced with another member's?

leily Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 13

I am confused also, I have no idea what it would do.

springlakecake Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 10:43pm
post #5 of 13

I have no clue why someone would do this. I can't see that it does anything beneficial! I have never seen this done before.

KrisD13 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:10am
post #6 of 13

JanH, someone wrote "bump" as a comment under her photo.

clsilvus Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:31am
post #7 of 13

Hmmm, that is different. I don't see what, if any, benefit that would have. Maybe pm the "bumper" and ask what their intention was in bumping your photo, and then let us know 'cause I'm curious.

SugarBakerz Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:58am
post #8 of 13

the thing is they have done it to more than one of my photos... the same person.. maybe you are right I should just PM them, I just wondered if I was the only person getting a BUMP under a picture in the gallery!

jibbies Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:08am
post #9 of 13

I looked at the first photo in your gallery and sure enough there it was "bump" icon_confused.gif
I would pm the person and ask what the reason is, maybe they are confused and think it works the same way as in a post.
Let us know I've never had it happen to me either.
jibbies

DelightsByE Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:15am
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbies

I looked at the first photo in your gallery and sure enough there it was "bump" icon_confused.gif
I would pm the person and ask what the reason is, maybe they are confused and think it works the same way as in a post.
Let us know I've never had it happen to me either.
jibbies

I am thinking the same thing - the person must have thought it was helping you get your photo noticed....

auntginn Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:18am
post #11 of 13

Ok. forgive me for asking a stupid question, but I'm not computor savvy. what is "bump" and what does it do?

JanH Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:57am
post #12 of 13

Here's Jackie & Heath's views on "bump" and "save":

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-367983-.html

HTH

SugarBakerz Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:37pm
post #13 of 13

woke up this morning and the "bumps" had been removed... weird.... oh well, never mind I suppose icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%