My Ornament Instructions

Decorating By agagnier Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 4:52am by JessDesserts

agagnier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agagnier Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 4

This is what I did...

In advance make the tops.
Roll out your fondant. I used tip 195 the wide end to cut out a circle (like a cookie cutter) put the circle over the top of the narrow end of the tip shape to make the top. Then I used the screw on part on a coupler with the texture and rolled it around the outside of the fondant while it was still on the tip. Use something small to poke a hole in the top where the hook goes.( I used the end of a paint brush)Take it off the tip carefully and roll up a tiny piece of tissue and tuck it inside so it holds it shape. After your done all of these then it is tiime to make the hooks.
Roll out a tiny piece of fondant like a snake (thin). Then I took a straw and cut it in small 3/4" pieces. Use one of the pieces and wrap the snake around it to form a hook pinch at the bottom and let sit. Finish these then it is time to put them together.
At this point if your fondant is still to soft let them sit a little before donig the next step.
Take a top and a hook and dab some water insert the tale of the hook in the hole use the end of a paint brush to tuck it in tight. Roll a very small ball of fondant and tuck that up in place of the tissue becareful no to push the hook out. I had to use the end of the paint brush to hold the hook in the hole while I pushed the fondant in. at the sametime shape the top the way you want it. Let dry then paint with luster dust.

Make the cupcakes and then made the mini half ball pan cakes

after they cool trim off the tops of the cupcakes to level them. Do the same with the flat side of the ball.

Use frosting to hold both sides together, and then frost the tops.
roll out the fondant maybe 1/4 in thick or a little less. Cut a circle,and smooth on top. trim to fit. (i tucked mine under the ball. And sometimes I had to take the cupcake off and tuck then put it back on.
after they are smoothed paint with luster dust.
When dry attach tops.
I started to attach the tops with frosting then decided to put them on with toothpicks.

3 replies
Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 4

For the half ball pans that you used, why did you also make cupcakes? I thought the half ball cakes put together makes a round ball to use for the "ornament" cake.

I also pm'd you about how to paint luster dust since I didn't paint with it yet. Thanks. Whenver you get a chance. I know you are probably bombarded with pm's. this is amazing just like the turkey cake was at thanksgiving time.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 1:56am
post #3 of 4

Your ornaments are beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to write out your instructions.

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 4:52am
post #4 of 4

ty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%