Hallowee Cookie Cutter Deal At Target

Baking By megamere Updated 5 Oct 2007 , 11:38pm by mpitrelli

megamere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megamere Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 12:56am
post #1 of 19

Hey cookie makers- I was at Target today and checking out there dollar bargains at the front of the store. They ave a bag of plastic halloween themed cookie cutters that has 10 cutters for a dollar!
Includes- tombstone, two ghosts, moon, spider web, pumpkin (what am I going to with another pumpkin cutter?!?!), coffin, haunted house, cat, and bat!

I couldn't keep that great deal from you guys!

18 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:44am
post #2 of 19

Not fair, telling me this, there is no target in China, that deal sounds soo good

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:47am
post #3 of 19

I bought two bags of them. One for me and one for the kids. They are great for a dollar!

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:49am
post #4 of 19

OMG! Thank you SO MUCH for letting us know!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:50am
post #5 of 19

Thanks so much! I'm going to right out and buy some. My first halloween cookie cutters ever!!! thumbs_up.gif

knbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knbrou Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:52am
post #6 of 19

Yes, I bought the plastic ones and there was a set of metal ones with a pumpkin, acorn, and 2 different leaf designs all for $1.00. Now that was a bargain.

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:52am
post #7 of 19

I will be there tomorrow morning first thing thanks for the heads up.

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:55am
post #8 of 19

Thanks! I'm going to have to make yet another run to Target!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 2:02am
post #9 of 19

Ursula - does it make you feel better knowing that they were probably MADE in China?? LOL! icon_biggrin.gif

Want me to ship some to you? icon_wink.gif

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:54am
post #10 of 19

I am going to have to check it out .
Thanks!!!

Ursula40 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 7:44am
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Ursula - does it make you feel better knowing that they were probably MADE in China?? LOL! icon_biggrin.gif

Want me to ship some to you? icon_wink.gif

NO IT DOESN'T, it's frustrating. And yeah, if you're offering I wouldn't say no. When I was in the States last year I stocked up on a lot of things including shoes and clothes and guess what? Nearly everything was made in China, but I CAN'T GET MY SIZE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! I could've started to scream with frustration.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 6:21pm
post #12 of 19

Oh I hear ya Ursula - sizes there are INSANE!! I bought a jacket there last year and the large was almost too small for me and I should have been able to wear a small over here. Very puzzling!

What do you think shipping charges would be? More than the cost of the cutters I'm sure icon_sad.gif

Ursula40 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:00am
post #13 of 19

Yeah the shipping costs kill me each time, but guess what? Apparently there is a new shop in Beijing selling some cake decorating stuff and they are willing to ship to shanghai, I'm in contact with them now, hopefully it will work out. But even then shipping costs are still there, they need to have stuff shipped to them and the cost to Shanghai will be on top. It's not really worth it to get cutters for 1 $ and ship , shipping costs only are worth it, if I get a large order

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:57am
post #14 of 19

MAN!!! I don't live close to a Target either, but I was "in town" today and drove right on by instead of heading in because we are trying to save $$$. I even had the conversation in my head...

"Hey...at least go in and see what is in the Dollar Bins!!!"
"No, be good. Be good!"

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Thanks for the heads up, though!!!
Lish

hibbers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hibbers Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 4:25am
post #15 of 19

I got the metal ones (set of four). I used the two leaves and acorn to make cookies for a friend. They are posted in my photos. The pumpkin shape was too round so I didn't use it, but hey, for $1 you can't go wrong! I'll have to go back and look for the plastic ones.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:37pm
post #16 of 19

Squish it! If it comes loose you haven't lost anything, because you didn't like it anyway... or maybe you could make it into an apple

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 4:57pm
post #17 of 19

I bought some last year when they had them on clearence for a quarter will have to go tomorrow and get some because I know they wont last long.

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:38am
post #18 of 19

Darn, I just drove down to Bellingham yesterday and didn't look there..
Another trip down must be planned... Hate those custom lines up though.
Thanks for the info.

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 11:38pm
post #19 of 19

Well I went today and they only had the metal ones and only 2 packages of them were left. At least I got one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%