Costco Buttercream Icing???? Is It As Good As Sam's Club????

Decorating By CakeliciousCreations Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 6:21am by cakeladyatLA

CakeliciousCreations Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 10

Someone was just inquirng about Sam's Club Buttercream Icing in a previous post.. I read all the replys to the post.... I was curious about Costco's Buttercream Icing????... has any one tried their's and have you had the same success and results as the Sams club brand... I am a member at Costco... and not Sams'... but I may be joining sams if the icing is as good as everyone says..... Thanks for any input..

9 replies
Marksgirl Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 10

I have tried buying Costco Buttercream Icing but they tell me that it is not for sale.

groovymonkeydesigns Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 10

Oh, that makes me sad! I LOVE costco cakes. It's always my request for Mother's Day/Birthday. I was hoping they did sell their frosting after reading the Sam's threads yesterday.

Buckeye Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 10

yeah, I was reading the thread too and was also wondering about Costco selling Buttercream Icing since there isnt a Sam's Club anywhere around me. Looks like I'm stuck with the old fashioned way, making it myself icon_sad.gif

CakeliciousCreations Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 10

I have seen the icing for purchase in large tubs at my local costco... it has been a while.. but I have seen it... i actually have something to return.. so I will check the store and get back to you on this.. thanks

moptop Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 2:41am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksgirl

I have tried buying Costco Buttercream Icing but they tell me that it is not for sale.

ditto here... attempted to not but a couple weeks ago and they said no'. so strange as most everything else in that place is for sale!

AnythingSugar Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 2:49am
post #7 of 10

I was also told at Costco that they sell no type of supplies, frosting or mixes from the bakery. I sure wish they did because I like shopping at Costco about 1000 times more than I like Sam's Club.

moptop Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:20am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingSugar

I was also told at Costco that they sell no type of supplies, frosting or mixes from the bakery. I sure wish they did because I like shopping at Costco about 1000 times more than I like Sam's Club.

yah - my hubby and I tried sams club once with a free membership for a day coupon and were quite dissapointed. Def happy we have a costco as an option.

jerrysabo Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 4:26pm
post #9 of 10

In the last 7 years I have used 6 different brands of Buttercreme from all the major suppliers. I have found that Sam's has the best taste and best consistency. The red is a little bit tart but can be sweetened to taste.

cakeladyatLA Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 6:21am
post #10 of 10

People get confused because the "STORE" the buckets under the bakery tables, under the bagels, etc, and think is for sale. It isn't.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%