Plastic Surgery, Would You?

Lounge By AuntieElle Updated 12 Oct 2007 , 7:29pm by DebbyTCL

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 6:46am
post #1 of 28

Would any of you consider plastic surgery?
I am now 32 and considering it. 6 pregnancies later my body is absolutely mutilated! My boobs can fit in my front pants pockets ( I guess I could pierce my nips and use them for belt loops?!) icon_surprised.gif Kidding! and my stomach? ACK it is riddled with stretch marks and my navel is a has been. I have loose skin that just sicks me out! It has affected me so that I will not allow my DH to see me in the buff unless I've had a drink or two. I have always had HUGE breasts (36DDD) and I'm flowing out the top a bit. My neck hurts, I have a bone spur in my cervical spine, grooves in my shoulders and get raw from underwire! As for my gut. . .If I get pants to fit my stomach, they sag off my legs and butt. If I get them to fit my legs and butt, I have muffin tops! I'm in a lose, lose situation here.

Elle

27 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 10:27am
post #2 of 28

do.it. I got my breasts augmented about 3 years ago and it changed my life. Now, thats not to say that we are only as good as our physical appearance blah blah blah so no one jump on me for that... but when you have an issue that makes you hate looking in the mirror every day then it can be a tremendous change in your quality of life to fix it. Especially things like loose skin and (my) baby boobies that we can't really do anything about (like exercise).

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 11:01am
post #3 of 28

man, if I had the money...I'd do a tummy tuck and maybe a breast-lift. I have alot of weight to lose but my problem area has always been my tummy and now after having 3 kids, my tummy is even worse and after breastfeeding all of them for a year each (besides the last, which was longer!), my breasts could be perkier.

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 11:02am
post #4 of 28

do it - you won't regret it, just make sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon that does these procedures daily - you want to make sure that you put yourself in the hands of the most qualified person you can find. good luck.

LaSombra Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 11:16am
post #5 of 28

this website was linked in another forum a few days ago and I was looking around it but there is a link to finding a plastic surgeon. There are ratings for doctors and comments and such. Most people had lost alot of weight and so were taking care of lose skin and such. It could be useful...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/professionals/find-professional.php?type=33

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 1:01pm
post #6 of 28

I would, but I'm not sure what I would do first. I've never really been happy with my nose, and I would like to do something about my bags under my eyes, and some Botox would be nice. Then I'd move onto the boobs, bigger and perkier. My stomach is like a deflated balloon. Tummy tuck? Lipo?

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 1:15pm
post #7 of 28

I recently lost 140 pounds and have ALOT of loose skin. I am in the process of getting a tummy tuck / boob job started.

Keep in mind alot of insurance companies WILL pay for the procedures if it is a hygeiene problem i.e. rashes, yeast infections.

Even though I am "middle aged" and have to look at realistic aging issues and do not have high expectaions for results. I mean lets face it...if your looking at being 50, is it realistic to expect a body of an 18 year old? However, with that in mind, I am tired of tucking the loose sagging skin into my pants lol. So I have decided...off it comes!

As for sagging boobs...have you ever heard the song (My version) "do your boobs hang high, do your boobs hang low...can ya tie them in a knot, can ya tie them in a bow? Can ya throw them over your shoulder like a contential soldier"..... LOL

Good Luck in your decision

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:18pm
post #8 of 28

6 Pregnancies? I bow down to you. I think you should do it if you really want to and if you have the money. Definitely find a good doctor like klg1152 said. I think modern medicine is a good thing. Look at people who get Lasik surgery on their eyes. That amazes me! God made doctors too why not use their talents?

Good luck thumbs_up.gif Best Wishes

LaSombra Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 4:51pm
post #9 of 28

I had lasik done about 8 years ago. Best decision I ever made. Sometimes I forget I even ever wore glasses or contacts. It's great icon_smile.gif

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 7:36pm
post #10 of 28

I would in a heart beat.

But we aren't done having kids and money isn't really there. I have 3 girls and we want to try for a boy. No point in going in having all the tucks done when it would just undone with another baby.

I always tell my DH that I want the Mommy Make-over. Boobs north of the Equator and a flat tummy please.

breelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breelaura Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 9:35pm
post #11 of 28

Been there, done that. Lost a LOT of weight and had to have some things put back in their original places. So far I've only had the boobs worked on, but thighs and upper arms are on the wish list. (Can you say extra skin?)

Also, with breasts as large as yours (and medical problems that may be related to the weight of those puppies), it's distinctly possible you could get insurance help with a reduction (which may come with a lift for free)... and if you want other things done at the same time, it'll reduce your out-of pocket cost for anesthesia and such.

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 10:34pm
post #12 of 28

Me personally, probably not - yet icon_smile.gif. (33, 2 kids). But if they ever come up with a way to transfer my own fat to my boobs for realistic ones that don't have to be inserted under muscle tissue, I might be first in line icon_smile.gif!!!
I think it's a personal choice. No one else has your body, so no one else can decide that. It doesn't sound like you're trying to fix every emotional issue in your life, just some practical physical stuff. Go for it!

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 11:59pm
post #13 of 28

Hmmmm...give me a set of stripper t*ts and I'll be grocery shopping naked!! thumbs_up.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 12:02am
post #14 of 28

Sweets, if I had the money I would have my whole body recycled! I did have breast augmentation many years ago but of course as I age, so do they. I have had 5 babies so yes, stretch marks and sagging stomach muscles. A pug nose is cute on a baby, not on a 68 year old women, while I had that done I would go for a face lift and some Botox. Just so I didn't end up looking like the cat women socialite, she scares me!
http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.com/14/2005/08/jocelyn_wildens.html

I've always liked Phylis Dillers (Queen of plastic surgery) answer to a reporters question of her age. "Different parts of me are different ages."

AuntieElle Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 12:50am
post #15 of 28

Oh Shirley that woman gives me nightmares! thecupcakemom I just died laughing!!!! LaSombra, I am a member of Obesity Help as I had lap band a few years ago.

My insurance will pay fom my breast reduction!!!! I have some BAD symptoms related to my beast size. Numbness in my fingers, terrible muscle spasms, it sucks! As far as my gut goes. . .That's on me.

My DH and I are both Nurses and know with a wonderful surgeon so he's my guy! I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow. I'll keep y'all posted!

Elle

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:29am
post #16 of 28

Absolutely!!!!! In fact, I have a theory...... icon_lol.gificon_evil.gif
Mothers should be able to sue their kids for all the physical trauma the put them through. Saggy boobs, stretch marks, grey hair, that chicken skin under the belly button, you name it and that doesn't touch all the emotional abuse they put us through as well. Make the kids or the fathers pay for it!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_evil.gif

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:27pm
post #17 of 28

After 4 kids, I had a tummy tuck last year. So glad I did it. I had diastasis recti (separation of ab muscles) so bad that you could fit a whole fist in-between (instead of just a finger width). I was asked several times a week when I was due. I looked 6 months pregnant.

I seriously haven't regretted it for a second.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 4:07pm
post #18 of 28

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

But, be very careful and very picky when it comes to your surgeon. If you suffer from back pain, the boob job might be covered. Maybe Dr. Rey from Dr. 90210 will do it for you. He's DREAMY!!!

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 4:19pm
post #19 of 28

Defiintely be careful about the surgeon. I'm sure you already know to do your research and check the license. Also, walk away if your gut tells you to. I didn't give my first consulting surgeon a second glance after he mocked me for breastfeeding my 14 month old.

Also, see if you can cut your costs a little by doing the paid-for-surgery with the out-of-pocket surgery. You may get off without having to pay for the OR or the anesthesia. Which would be a big savings.

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 6:13pm
post #20 of 28

Elle,
Good luck with your appointment. I'll be living through you until I'm ready for mine.

I didn't know insurance would cover breast augmentation. I thought only if it was doing damage like curving the spine. I always wondered how everyone pays for this. As I only have one credit card with a $300 limit. That wouldn't even be enough for me to sit in the waiting room and read a magazine.

breelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breelaura Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 6:30pm
post #21 of 28

Insurance generally won't cover augmentation (enlargement) unless it's reconstructive following an insured event. Reduction, however, is sometimes covered if it's causing other physical problems (that are or might lead to insured events).

AuntieElle Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 9:09pm
post #22 of 28

Breast reduction is considered a reconstructive procedure in my case. I think a TT should as well! Reconstructive surgery is defined as: A procedure performed to restore a bodily function, or to correct a deformity resulting from disease, injury, trauma, congential anomalies, developmental abnormalities or previous medically necessary treatment. How is it that several C-Sections doesn't fall in to this category? Unfortunately my abdomen doesn't "hang" far enough over my pubis to be considered recontructive and the diastasis recti doesn't fall into any specific category. He said we'd try anyway. HAHAHAHA

Elle

LaSombra Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 9:18pm
post #23 of 28

so insurance will cover a TT if your tummy hangs down a certain amount??? How much is that?

AuntieElle Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:35pm
post #24 of 28

It has to hang below the pubis. I think you also have to experience significant weightloss (which I have). It's considered a panniculectomy.

Elle

LaSombra Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:59am
post #25 of 28

hm. I wonder what they consider to be significant...Shoot, most people who have had a baby have that extra skin hanging down there. Maybe after I lose weight, I'll have alot more hanging down. I'll have to check into the panniculectomy if that happens...didn't know insurance would possibly cover that.

kimberly84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberly84 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 4:45am
post #26 of 28

Wow, I have always wanted to get a breat reduction. I am now a surgical tech. and have seen lots of things in plastics. I would still like to get one done. The most important advice I have for you is to make sure you do tons of research on surgeons. As for lipo and tummy tuck... wow! The recovery from a tummy tuck is amazingly painful and with you having 6 little ones at home something you def need to think about. If you have any detailed questions, feel free to ask.

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:57pm
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly84

The recovery from a tummy tuck is amazingly painful and with you having 6 little ones at home something you def need to think about.

Agreed. My husband took two weeks off of work to help me, and I only had a three year old and a 14 month old at home! (My older ones were at school, and helped when they came home). The recovery was definitely harder than my c-section recovery. I tired easily. Also, I could not stand upright for 4-6 weeks, and the back pain got pretty intense. A good tip for this...go to the local thrift store and buy a walker for under $10 (our thrift store always has a ton of them). You will definitely use it. I could not pick up the baby for a few weeks. I could not drive for two weeks. (And TMI, so don't read if you are eating...I could barely even wipe my own bottom...couldn't turn that way...I ended up using a cleansing bottle I brought homw from the hospital after my last baby. And my hubby had to give me my anti-nausea drugs, which were suppositories, b/c I couldn't reach/turn that way. Your dignity will be gone). Sorry to be gross but that part was a total surprise to me and I wish I had known in advance. I would still do it, but I would have been better prepared.

You have to keep up on the pain meds.

Also, can't remember if I mentioned it, but it has been 10 months and my tummy is still numb for the most part.

DebbyTCL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyTCL Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 7:29pm
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecupcakemom

Hmmmm...give me a set of stripper t*ts and I'll be grocery shopping naked!! thumbs_up.gif

You had me laughing so hard I had tears just rollin! Thanks!

I already have had plastic surgery. I was 27, had 2 kids, weighed 100 lbs, and had 54DD boobs! They never stopped growing! So, I had a reduction. 8 pounds removed from each side. No more headaches, back aches, shoulder pain! So glad I did it! Then I got a phone call from my surgeon asking me to come in to talk. Sure, no problem. Turns out I had stage 2 cancer! Now I am really glad I did it! (I am now MUCH older) Since then, I have had radical mastectomies on both sides. Had reconstruction on both. And I have to say, the girls look great! 38C and perky! I now have 7 kids and people ask me how I have kept my figure!!! I tell them "lots of work",,,,,while I am thinking... for my surgeon!

The other girls are right about finding a great surgeon! Don't go for cheap! Find someone who is very experienced with doing what you want done. Also, contact the medical licensing board in your state and ask about malpractice suits, death of patients and complaints.

If you travel, my surgeon, (I don't know if we are supposed to tell someones name on this) is the person who developed the latismis flap. He is the president of the American Plastic Surgeons Asso. & International PSA! If you can't get here, you can talk with his staff to see who he can refer you to.

Send me a pm if you want the information on him.

Best of luck to you and remember....post pictures! lol, just kidding!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%