How Many Cookies Would You Put In.....

Baking By kathik Updated 10 Dec 2006 , 6:53pm by RisqueBusiness

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 19

a chinese take out box gift? I have a customer who wants to spend $15.00 a gift for 20 gifts for his employees. These are not decorated cookies, just an assortment, including 2 flavors of biscotti. I have spent $1.00 each for the boxes, and I will include a white chocolate star lollipop for decoration, but I don't know how many cookies to include. What would you do?

Thanks,
Kathi

18 replies
DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 19

5 or 6? I don't know how large you make your cookies, but I still wouldn't want to over crowd the box and risk things getting broken in there. I think 6 small cookies, 2 biscotti and a lolli sounds reasonable.

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 19

Not sure if I know an answer to this, but others might w/ more info. What size are the cookies and are the take-out boxes the regular size, bigger, smaller? Here's a bump for you! HTH

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 19

How big are the cookies?

Titansgold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Titansgold Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 19

I'm trying to picture the box and visualize how many cookies would fit along with the biscotti. I'm thinking 5-7 or so but I could be way off. Hope someone can help better than me!

kathik Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 8:29pm
post #6 of 19

Each cookie would be about 2-3" wide. The box is 3" at the base, 4" tall and 4" wide at the top. I'll probably be putting in 3 biscotti "bites" of each flavor, because the box isn't tall enough to accomodate a regular sized biscotti. I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kathi

Titansgold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Titansgold Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 19

Hmmm well that makes me thing that 5 cookies might be pushing it for space a little. Probably just 3, maybe 4 at most would fit in there with the biscotti and the lollipop

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 8:48pm
post #8 of 19

Well, what do you sell to get about $10.00 worth of cookies?

see how many fit in the box? I get a glass ware box at michaels that about 6 x6 x6 I can fit a bakers dozen of 5" cookies in there, if they are NOT individually packed...and about 6 little mini fillers that are not even an inch...

I love giving my customers extra bang for their buck and I do charge an arm and a leg for an arm and a leg...( cookie that is.lol)

I went with the popular vote of $1.00 per decorated inch...

I know that doesn't help you but may give you an idea.

kathik Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 8:59pm
post #9 of 19

Okay so how does this sounds:

3 Cranberry Pecan biscotti bites
3 Chocolate Triumph biscotti bites
2 raspberry rugulah
2 raisin molasses cookies
2 black and white cookies
2 cranberry vanilla chip cookies
1 white chocolate lollipop (4" across)

They would be in this box (below) with the lollipop sticking out as the "sample" shows and gold curling ribbon tying the stick to the handle.

Thanks,
Kathi
LL

kathik Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 12:57pm
post #10 of 19

Any opinions at all?? Please!!!!

Does this sound like enough or not??

Kathi

RisqueBusiness Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 1:09pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathik

Any opinions at all?? Please!!!!

Does this sound like enough or not??

Kathi

Kathi..

have you priced your cookies correctly? is this amount of cookies that you plan to put into the box work out to the price that you've given him? can you post a pic of the cookies that you plan to put into the box?

I for one would have to "SEE" what you were talking about...but I would go with the above...price them and see if what I was giving him was what he wanted to spend..allowing some money for your time also!

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 6:14pm
post #12 of 19

I think you are giving him plenty for the price. Will all that fit in there? I bought similar boxes at Michaels and was trying to figure out how much I can fit in as well.

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 6:23pm
post #13 of 19

I think what you have stated sounds good for the price. And you are giving them a sample of different items.

kathik Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 7:45pm
post #14 of 19

Thanks. I priced it out based on my regular pricing, plus the extra materials and he is definitely getting his money's worth. I don't think I'll have trouble fitting it all in, but I don't have anything baked right now to test it out. I'll start baking later today.

Thanks,
Kathi

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 7:53pm
post #15 of 19

That sounds to me like that little box will be mighty full...

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 7:58pm
post #16 of 19

I agree...they are getting a great deal on that one! Sounds like a lot of cookies, I am sure you could do less and make more money yet keep your customer more than pleased. Just my opinion. Can't wait to see pics of your tasty cookies!

Diana

RisqueBusiness Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 8:59pm
post #17 of 19

Yum, now I want one!!! lol

kathik Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 6:43pm
post #18 of 19

Well, they are finished. You guys were right, I couldn't fit nearly as much as I thought I would. My chocolate lollipops didn't come out as I hoped so I changed it to a star cookie. Here's a picture of what fit inside and a photo of the outside finished product. These are generic holiday gifts and the boxes actually had both Jewish stars and regular stars on it, so I made regular star cookies.
LL
LL

RisqueBusiness Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 6:53pm
post #19 of 19

so you got about 10 cookies in there...! wow...that IS a nice gift!!!

I counted the biscotti and the star..lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%