Looking For Cake Picture From Cc

Decorating By aswartzw Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 11:20am by Iheartcake

aswartzw Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 3:33am
post #1 of 30

Please help me! I think I'm going crazy. icon_redface.gif I saw a cake on here the other day (it was on the home page) and thought I saved it but it's gone! icon_cry.gif I can't find it searching for it or going through the galleries. Oh, I hope I haven't dreamed it! icon_confused.gif

Anyway, it's a stacked cake. 4-5 layers with the tiers varying in height. Some at 4" and others maybe 8"??? It's either white or a very light ivory. Some tiers are plain and others have gold swirls painted on it.

Thanks for trying to help me!

29 replies
Biya Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 11:36am
post #2 of 30

Sorry I don't remember seeing it but here's a bump maybe someone else has saved it to their favorites and will send you a link.

aswartzw Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 30

Thanks for your help everyone. Unfortunately, none of those cakes are similar. The gold swirls are actually painted on. I'm assuming its luster dust with alcohol. I'm pretty sure it was covered in fondant.

Well, back to the search!!! icon_confused.gif

jenlg Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 30
aswartzw Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 30

Thanks jenlg, but that's still not like it.

clsilvus Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 30

What shape(s) was it? Do you know if it was a wedding cake?

chele_belle Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:54pm
post #8 of 30
aswartzw Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:59pm
post #9 of 30

Thanks, chele_belle but still not it.

Let's try this again. It's round. The gold was painted on the fondant, no buttercream. The gold swirls (they were probably 1/4" wide) were only on a couple of tiers the remaining tiers were plain. The swirls were also more circular I just don't know if there's a different name for them. It could be a competition cake or a wedding cake. I'm leaning toward wedding so I've been searching there first.

It was 4-5 tiers. White or ivory. The tiers varied in height. i.e. The bottom was an 8" height, the next a 4", the next an 8" and the next a 4" (or something like that). I don't know the width of the cakes.

Hope this helps clarify. Maybe I wasn't that clear about the description.

chele_belle Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:28pm
post #10 of 30

Ok...after 190 pgs of round wedding cakes (and crossed eys I might add icon_smile.gif )
I can tell you that cake is not in that category! icon_eek.gif
Hope you can find it.

weirkd Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:43pm
post #11 of 30

I believe I know which one you are talking about. It was white and it had thick gold fondant swirls, right? It was an anniversary cake, not a wedding cake. I will try to look for it for you.

mnmmommy Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:55pm
post #12 of 30

well, how about this one?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=21074

If not, here are some questions...

Did it have anything else on it, like flowers or a cake topper?

Was it in the all time popular cake photes or the ones most recently added?

good luck
michelle

aswartzw Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 8:07pm
post #13 of 30

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Quote:

chele_belle: Ok...after 190 pgs of round wedding cakes (and crossed eys I might add Smile )
I can tell you that cake is not in that category!

I understand your pain!! Thanks for your diligence, I appreciate it greatly. icon_eek.gif

weirkd, it did have thick golden swirls on it. I'll hop over to the anniv. section. I've looked through all the round wedding cakes (and the square...just in case!!) and started in on the all time faves because I just don't remember where I saw it at.

michele, i don't remember what topper it had (if any---yikes!) but I know there were no flowers draping it. It was very simply done. I just remember odd heights, tall tiers, and gold swirls.... icon_redface.gif

weirkd Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:18pm
post #14 of 30

I looked in the anniversary section too and couldnt find it either. I started in the La Quinerra section (didnt spell it right, I know).
I wish I could remember who did it. I know it looked like something that Emma did but I dont think it was it. But look at this one anyway, it might be close. The funny thing is I thought I had saved it to my favorites also and it wasnt there. The only thing I can think of is maybe they removed it from their pics.
URL: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_376733.html

weirkd Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:20pm
post #15 of 30

There is also this one she did too...
URL: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_61754.html

clsilvus Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:33pm
post #16 of 30

It's also NOT in the mixed shapes. I thought maybe because the tiers were different sizes it might be there.

gailsgoodies Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:53pm
post #17 of 30
clsilvus Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:56pm
post #18 of 30

NOT in any of the events albums.

aswartzw Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:58pm
post #19 of 30

Whew... I'm starting to run out of steam. I'm also wondering if it was removed. I'm going through the most saved and I can't find it either. icon_sad.gif

Thanks for all your help guys. It's really appreciated. You all have been awesome.

Gailsgoodies, thanks for the pic. I ended up saving it. icon_lol.gif Weirkd, thanks for helping me all day. If I find it, I'll let you all know.

weirkd Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 10:30pm
post #21 of 30

Good luck!

aswartzw Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:21am
post #22 of 30

Thanks everyone for looking for me (and for those who went way beyond icon_lol.gif ) it was greatly appreciated. It's so nice to have such awesome CC friends. thumbs_up.gif

I have sadly given up the search and gone on to more meaningful things (like posting in other posts-- icon_cool.gif ). Maybe, it will magically reappear on the home page....

To the Home Page Fairy, please help me!!! icon_wink.gif

mnmmommy Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:58am
post #23 of 30
aswartzw Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:04pm
post #24 of 30

Thanks for looking but it's still not it. icon_sad.gif

Ladivacrj Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:31pm
post #25 of 30

aswartzw, I remember seeing that cake but no clue of where it went.

I too am losing it looking for a pumpkin cake and thought I put it in my favs. Now I can't find it for the life of me.

Iheartcake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:13pm
post #26 of 30

Back when you originally posted.. was the cake added that day? Or in the All-Time Favourites section? I do remember one cake that was really tall.. had really tall tiers. I vaguely remember that post. I want to think she made it for her brother.. and it was a dummy cake. I can even pictuer it in my head. However that was awhile ago. I went through all my forum posts looking for it however I must not've commented.. just read it.

ac2steachk Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:51am
post #27 of 30
ac2steachk Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:23am
post #28 of 30

Am I imagining varying heights in this one?
Is this close? What did the swirls look like?

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-644293.html

Iheartcake Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 10:44am
post #29 of 30

I finally found the cake I was thinking of.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-263573-.html

If you scroll down, Peacockcakes posted it. Now looking at it, it has no scrolls so I don't think that's it. But it is tall!

Iheartcake Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 11:20am
post #30 of 30

I finally found the cake I was thinking of.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-263573-.html

If you scroll down, Peacockcakes posted it. Now looking at it, it has no scrolls so I don't think that's it. But it is tall!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%