Help Me Please I Need Ideas!!

Decorating By aidee Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 11:50pm by amodeoandrea

aidee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aidee Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 6

I NEED TO MAKE A SAFARI THEME CAKE FOR A BRIDAL SHOWER AND I AM OUT OF IDEAS, IT'S GOING TO BE FOR 60 PEOPLE AND THE BRIDE-TO BE TOLD ME TO PICK THE DESIGN, BUT I BLACKED OUT AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I APPRECIATE ANY HELP
TIA!!!!!

5 replies
wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 6

what if you did safari animals getting married?? two elephants walking down the aisle or something like that????

jhomik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhomik Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 6

How about a pith helmet? It shouldn't be much different than doing a cowboy hat. You could add a veil...

J.

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 6

I personally like animal print fondant diff animal on each tier.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 6

OK...so I just looked up some images on Yahoo and I got these two. The first one is really cool where it's just a print on the cake and then the black silhouettes for the animals. The second is a DIAPER CAkE! icon_lol.gif But, you could definitely do this for a girly bridal safari cake!

Good luck! Sounds cool!

Stephanie
LL
LL

amodeoandrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amodeoandrea Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:50pm
post #6 of 6

I don't know how comfortable you are with painting, but it's my new favorite thing. I would do a two tier cake covered in fondant. Add some fondant pieces around the bottom to make it more 3D ( look at my hollywood cake) Paint tall grass and a beautiful sunset. Maybe paint some shadow animals in the distance. Like the silhouette of giraffe or elephants in the distance. Do a google search for Safari Images, some beautiful pitures come up. Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%