My First Ct!!

Decorating By allissweets Updated 2 Dec 2006 , 11:14pm by aboelkens

allissweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allissweets Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 3:22am
post #1 of 16

I'm so happy with my first chocolate transfer. I learned all about it from this site, and every post was extremely helpful! This cake is a 14" square, so the Shrek CT is about 12.5" long, and 9" tall. This took me a few hours, but I think it was worth it. It takes me about the same amount of time to make a batch of FBCT, tint it, and make the transfer, but with the CT it's hard so I don't have to worry about it breaking. And I can manipulate it a bit once it's on the cake.

While I was trying new things, I added the contemporary basketweave to the sides, which I also liked. The cake is all buttercream, and the letters and molded "3" (complete with Shrek ears) are MMF.
LL
LL

15 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 3:27am
post #2 of 16

wow..........I'm dying to try a CT this just makes me wanna try even more!!! Awesome job!!!

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 3:30am
post #3 of 16

GREAT JOB!!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 3:32am
post #4 of 16

Wow, very impressive!!!

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 3:35am
post #5 of 16

Awesome job!! I just love CT!!

allissweets Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 3:38am
post #6 of 16

thanks so much!

(sorry this post was submitted twice, somehow!) icon_redface.gif

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 3:46am
post #7 of 16

Hang on a sec......
Ok I'm back, I had to pick my jaw up off of the floor. icon_lol.gif The CT looks great.

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 6:25am
post #8 of 16

That is amazing!!!!! Great job!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 6:33am
post #9 of 16

You did a fantastic job! Lots of colors used. No wonder this took so long. But it was worth every minute.

michelegator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michelegator Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 6:38am
post #10 of 16

Looks great! I've always wanted to try a FBCT but have never really understood it....I'm just nervous to try it. But after looking at your CT I am inspired!!!!!

allissweets Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 6:35pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelegator

Looks great! I've always wanted to try a FBCT but have never really understood it....I'm just nervous to try it. But after looking at your CT I am inspired!!!!!

Thanks so much, everyone!

Michelegator - I like FBCT, but I never could quite get the hang of eliminating the "worm" look - the visible lines where the tip filled in the icing. With CT you don't have that problem. There are a few downfalls - they won't be able to cut right through this cake - I made the CT kinda thick, so they'll have to break it up. Also, I used wax paper and like some said in other posts, the wax paper leaves a few little creases here and there. But overall I was very happy with the process and results.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 6:43pm
post #12 of 16

Wow, this is such a big CT for your first one.......I was happy to be able to do a small one on a cake a week ago. Congrats on a beautifully done cake!

deb

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 6:55pm
post #13 of 16

Excellent job. I'm inspired to try it!

-Rezzy

-

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 6:58pm
post #14 of 16

That is so beautifully done! Can't believe that is your first one! icon_surprised.gif

allissweets Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 11:06pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoot

That is so beautifully done! Can't believe that is your first one! icon_surprised.gif

Well, I figured if I was going to try one, it might as well be a good size. I had this Shrek cake coming up, so I wanted to try it out. icon_smile.gif

aboelkens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aboelkens Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 11:14pm
post #16 of 16

That is amazing work, can't imagine it is your first!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%