Run...do Not Walk...

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 3 Oct 2007 , 1:52am by simplysweet72740

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 27

To your local Wal-Mart as The Christmas Flavored CoffeeMate is in!! Peppermint Mocha, Eggnog, Gingerbread, Pumpkin Spice. Well, at least it is at my Wal-Mart...and its on sale to boot! Only $1.85 each (for the little bottle)! I checked at a few of my local grocery stores and they dont even have them in yet, and when they do come in, it will be about $2.64 for the smallest bottle...sheesh. I already have a ton of the Pumpkin Pie ID flavor stocked up, but the CM version is SO much nicer tasting, I think.

Just wanted to let you all know! icon_razz.gif

26 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 27

Thanks, I'll take a look! Have to go there today anyway (only about 2 blocks from me!) icon_smile.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 27

Thanks for the info, I will look for it.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 27

Peppermint Mocha! Oh, I'm doing the happy dance!! Thank you!!!

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 27

OMG....Yay!!!! Unfortunately I don't have a walmart near me but I am so excited to know that the flavors are already out.

Peppermint Mocha is my absolute favorite. Last year when I saw it in the store for the first time I kinda squealed and did a little happy dance, luckily no one was around me to witness that.

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 27

can someone explain to me how to use those creamers! what flavors go with what cakes and do you have to omit something to add that??? I'd like to play with the stuff,but I don't eat the cakes so I don't know how to start...

Thanks..
Wendy

Lemonydoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemonydoodles Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 27

I'm with you Wendylou! I would love to use them in my buttercream but have no clue how/what/with what flavors.

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:45pm
post #8 of 27

I've read that when using liquid people substitute half the water/liquid with the coffee cream. I've never used the liquid one in cakes though so not sure how much it affects the flavor.

I have used the powder creamers in a cake though and I just added 3 tbs. to the cake mix. Most people say 2 but I thought 3 was perfect. This is with box cakes, I'm not sure how this would affect a scratch cake.

As far as flavors go I think whatever sound good to you. Just experiment!

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:56pm
post #9 of 27

There are some decent coupons for coffeemate on their website:

http://www.verybestcoffee.com/Default.aspx

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:18pm
post #10 of 27

Wendylou--one of my favorites is DH caramel cake with cinnamon BC made with liquid coffee creamer. I also love white chocolate raspberry creamer in DH white or vanilla cake (vanilla is richer) with a raspberry filling and ganache icing. Substitute creamer for 1/2 the water, and expect it to take longer to bake.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:42pm
post #11 of 27

I've used the liquids in cakes and icings. You don't want extra liquid so you're just going to sub it for a portion of the liquid called for. Has anyone tried freezing the liquid creamer and using it later. Just thought since it's non-dairy it might freeze okay. Anyone?

heyjude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjude Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:58pm
post #12 of 27

I work at Food Lion and we got those about a week ago. The dairy manager says Egg Nog(!!!) should be in today or tomorrow. I'm excited.

I was also wondering if you can sub actual Egg Nog like you do the creamer? I may have to try the creamer since I'm sure it has way less calories and fat.

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 6:04pm
post #13 of 27

Does this make a crusting icing?

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 6:09pm
post #14 of 27

icon_biggrin.gif

Looks like a road trip to Wal-Mart later on!!! Thanks for the heads up!! thumbs_up.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 6:11pm
post #15 of 27

i've used creamers in bc before when i've ran out of milk or vanilla etc lol... it does change its structure though.. if your having to hold the decorating for longer bits of time rather then a quick jot down here and there the bc "melts" faster in the bag or thins out and doesn't hold the shape as well....

mental note to self- when using creamer for bc use less then the amount of liquid its being subbed for icon_biggrin.gif

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 6:16pm
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

I've used the liquids in cakes and icings. You don't want extra liquid so you're just going to sub it for a portion of the liquid called for. Has anyone tried freezing the liquid creamer and using it later. Just thought since it's non-dairy it might freeze okay. Anyone?

CarolAnn, I bought a bunch of bottles of the White Raspberry when it came out and froze it, and I've used one of the frozen ones, and so far no problems!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:05am
post #17 of 27

Thanks idoweddingcookies, I'll get some and try it then.

GI Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:41am
post #18 of 27

Do you recommend freezing the liquid creamer in smaller packages? I dont' need a large bottle all at once...

Knowledge is power. I'm going to blow the doors off my work area this Christmas icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 6:33am
post #19 of 27

dessertdiva, do you use the liquid or the powder?

the eggnog sounds tasty! : )

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:41pm
post #20 of 27

Yep, I saw them at WM last Thursday when I was there, but have yet to see them in Food Lion and the price was much cheaper. We have been waiting all year for the Pumpkin Spice to come back and now since I've started doing cakes I have been impatiently awaiting the return of the holiday flavors to try in my cakes/icing!

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:04pm
post #21 of 27

I'm officially confused - do you use the creamer in cakes or frostings??

also, how do you freeze them? do you separate the liquid into containers and how much do you separate them as??

how much do you use per cake?

how much per frosting??

I bought two containers - hazelnut and caramel chocolate - so what should I do with them???

Wendy

GI Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:38pm
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendydou

I'm officially confused - do you use the creamer in cakes or frostings??

also, how do you freeze them? do you separate the liquid into containers and how much do you separate them as??

how much do you use per cake?

how much per frosting??

I bought two containers - hazelnut and caramel chocolate - so what should I do with them???

Wendy

Great questions! I'll be watching for answer here ! thumbs_up.gif

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 1:03pm
post #23 of 27

Yes, you can use the creamers in cakes and frostings!

Yes, you can freeze them, either in the bottle or put into smaller containers and freeze. Thaw in fridge, shake well. Been doing it with no problems!

Sub half of your liquid with creamer for cakes, although beforwarned that the creamers can make your cake "extra sweeter" in taste.

Use the creamer for all or part of the liquid in a PS type buttercream.

Have fun!!

GI Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:27am
post #24 of 27

Ahh, christmas flavors! I think I've found a new luv! icon_biggrin.gif thank you, christeena!

Perhaps if any of you use these holiday flavors, post your YAY thumbs_up.gif or NAY thumbsdown.gif results here? Does that sound good? thumbs_up.gif

RRGibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRGibson Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:38am
post #25 of 27

I've used the liquid creamer in both frostings, meringue and PS, and cakes, box and scratch. And they work wonderfully. I've never used the powder before. Also I haven't found that it changes the consistency of the frosting. It tastes wonderful!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:42am
post #26 of 27

You have to make french toast with them! The french vanilla is good, BUT the Pumpkin Spice is AWESOME!!!!! My granddaughter wants it everytime she stays with us!

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 1:52am
post #27 of 27

FRENCH TOAST YUMMO how would one accomplish that or did I miss the recipe??? Thanks for all these fabulous suggestions!!! Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%