17 # Baby!

Lounge By michellenj Updated 1 Oct 2007 , 2:39pm by michellenj

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 12

Did you hear about the woman in Russia that gave birth to a 17# baby? My ds was 11#2oz and I thought I was goingt to die before he was born. That poor woman.

11 replies
butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 12

Ooooouch! icon_eek.gif

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 12

Wow!! That's crazy!! They had no idea that the baby was going to be really big?? She must have been huge! That's like if I had given birth to a baby twice the size of my last one. (8 lbs)

Courtney

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 12

OUCH!!

The world record I believe is 23 lbs??? It was 20+. I can't even imagine!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 12

DANG!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 12

She must not have had prenatal care because I don't know of any dr that would have let her baby get that big. There's health problems that come up when babies are that big. Either way OUCH!!!!!

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:35am
post #7 of 12

Ouch! I don't even want to think about it....

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 4:47am
post #8 of 12

Well, seeing as I was the smallest baby born in my family and I was 10lbs 14 oz at birth...the news isnt too surprising to us. icon_razz.gif

At the time he was born, my brother held the record for largest baby born at the hospital he was delivered at. (I can't remember the name of the hospital, but it was in Wichita Falls, TX.) He was 15lbs 15oz. My little sister was 11lbs 7oz. None of us ever wore newborn size clothes, and my parents had to bring in diapers and clothes for us cause the pediatric ward didn't carry them in our sizes!

Just sometimes babies are born that large. My mom was totally healthy, and aside from some minor complications when my brother was born (she had him natural, no c-section) everything went as normal with all three of us kids. Tho...there IS an eight year gap between me and my brother and I don't blame her! icon_lol.gif

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 6:29am
post #9 of 12

It was like her 8th child or so. I would guess she had to have gestational diabetis or something. Makes you wonder what kind of health care she had available. Glad she is doing ok and so is baby. WOW.

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 11:08am
post #10 of 12

That is one big baby. I could not imagine giving birth to one that big. My FIL weighed 13 pounds when he was born and I was terrified that My babies would be big but thankfull they weren't.. icon_biggrin.gif

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 11:57am
post #11 of 12

Thats big. Im terrified that my next will be big, My first was 7lb 13, my 2nd was 9lb 8 and the next one ???? I hope i never find out.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:39pm
post #12 of 12

That baby was the size of a Thanksgiving turkey. Can you imagine walking around with that inside you? Mine was "only" 11 pounds and it was major work rolling over in bed at night. That poor woman.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%