Look At These Animated Cakes

Decorating By msladybug Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 4:13pm by Caker_Girl

msladybug Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:20am
post #1 of 17

I got this in a email. The cakes all have something animated on them. Very neat cakes.

If you click on each cake you can see the videos.

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/animated-cakes.html

16 replies
Amenagerie Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:11am
post #2 of 17

I stumbled onto this site too. I was in shock!! icon_eek.gif I'm a newbie so can't see myself being able to do something like this anytime soon. I'm curious if anyone else has done cakes similar.

Nannuu Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 17

Hey cool, those are my cakes! I still haven't submitted the last three we made. My laziness knows no bounds icon_sad.gif .

You can see the others here:
www.willyliliana.com

Will

esq1031 Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 17

Will,
Your cakes are amazing. I can't even begin to imagine how you do all that. I am a Halloween baby and I loved that cake. How long does it take to put something like that together???

Jackie

leily Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 17

Will,

That is just amazing! Very very cool!

jen1977 Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 17

That's amazing!

brightbrats Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 17

OMG, they are awesome. My kids and I are freaking out. icon_surprised.gif They liked the Halloween one the best.

Some people have all the talent. icon_cry.gif

grama_j Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 5:44pm
post #8 of 17

FANTASTIC ! I wish I could have talked to you when I made my carousel cake !! I just wound up with Wilton's cake topper turn table.....

LaSombra Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 5:58pm
post #9 of 17

woah! I can't imagine doing all that...my 2 yo would LOVE the elmo one though! Great job on those cakes! and what pride that it's a fellow CCer that made them icon_biggrin.gif

lami Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 6:14pm
post #10 of 17

The cakes are sure cool

Nannuu Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 7:04pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESQ1031

Will,
Your cakes are amazing. I can't even begin to imagine how you do all that. I am a Halloween baby and I loved that cake. How long does it take to put something like that together???

Jackie

Thank you so much for the compliments. It's nice to hear our efforts are appreciated.

I'd say usually about 2 weeks for a cake. The time it takes us has increase on the last few. After the Halloween cake the plan is to scale it back a bit. I think we actually started on the cake 2 weeks prior but we were shopping and planning a month before that. And I had my mother in law there the week prior and she worked with us until midnight all week. Too much work on that one, so yeah a bit less in the future I think.
We'll be doing the Elmo cake again next month. The one on the site was for a friend but my 2 year old really wants an Elmo cake for her 3rd bday. I wanted a new design but my wife is bent on the same cake. Well, at least I'll see if I can improve on it a bit icon_smile.gif . Since we throw it all away anyway I have a chance to go back and redesign.

malika Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #12 of 17

Amazing! You are so creative.

Nannuu Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 7:11pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

FANTASTIC ! I wish I could have talked to you when I made my carousel cake !! I just wound up with Wilton's cake topper turn table.....

If you want to make something move go to www.allelectronics.com. Good prices on motors, 1, 3, 4, 6 12, 30, 40, 60 rpm for cheap. But the shipping is usually around $8 so it's best to buy a lot of stuff to bring the average cost of shipping per item down. Uh yeah, that's my excuse for my wife anyway.

grama_j Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 8:12pm
post #14 of 17

Thanks, nannuu !

Nannuu Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 5:54am
post #15 of 17

I'm so sorry, I've been so busy I forgot to check back for replies. If you just want to move the base you can use a lazy susan bracket. There are square and circular.

Circular

Square

Here are some sketches of ways to do it. You can take advantage of the hole in the center of the lazy susan bracket to hard mount the center of the carousel to the cake base. Then place the motor just about anywhere to get it to spin. You can glue a rubber band to the motor wheel to give it soem traction on the carousel floor.

Nannuu Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 5:57am
post #16 of 17

Sketches
LL
LL
LL

Caker_Girl Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:13pm
post #17 of 17

Thank you so much for going above and beyond to help! I REALLY appreciate it! I sort of understand but come time I may PM you with questions if you don't mind. Again, thanks so much for breaking it down for little electronically-challenged me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%