Animal Prints???

Decorating By onegr8girl Updated 9 Oct 2007 , 4:10am by Mimi22

onegr8girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onegr8girl Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 7

I did a sample cake with a zebra print that the client loved. I rolled out white fondant and then rolled black fondant into long thin strips and placed them on the white fondant. I then covered it with parchment and rolled it down into the white. This made the black free form a little bit for a really natural striping.

Now they want more animal prints and so I thought I would get some more ideas. How do you do them?

Giraffes?
Leopards?
Cheetahs?

Any others?

6 replies
onegr8girl Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 7

All these views and no replies? Anyone???

onegr8girl Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 7

All these views and no replies? Anyone???

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 7

I am by no means an expert,but since you haven't gotten any answers. I guess I can try to give it a shot.

I would really love to do a cake with animal prints. I can't say anything from experience,but from the researching and learning on here.
I think a good start is to search thorough the galleries and look at print cakes and maybe someone has described how it was done. I think the leopard/cheetah is painted on fondant with food coloring.
Give a look to google and search images to find some inspirations.
Hopefully others with experince can get you going in the right direction.

Hope this helps or it may get the ball rolling for you!
Nanc

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:05pm
post #5 of 7

I'm not much help, either, but here's a bump. I did the African Hatbox cake with Nicholas Lodge - we did several animal print plaques by just painting the markings on the fondant - not the fastest way to do big quantities, but very nice results. He sells a packet of animal print impression mats that can give you a visual reference for placement as well as a texture thumbs_up.gif Colette Peters rolled black balls of different sizes onto white fondant for a cow print - don't see why you couldn't do the same for other spotted prints - even putting two or three colors on top of each other for variation.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 7

Here's one I did with an airbrush and stencils
LL

Mimi22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimi22 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 4:10am
post #7 of 7

I just painted the leopard spots on fondants with a paint brush and with gel icing color. I watered it down just a bit. it worked great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%