Cookie Club - December Theme

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 30 Dec 2006 , 7:33pm by bonniebakes

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 2:54am
post #61 of 95

momsandraven
LOve the christmas trees, they remind me of the green popcorn ball trees my mom use to make ,she frosted them like that. Yum,now another thing Ill have to think about making.
Your other cookies are great too! Like your idea for the fur on the gloves and stockings.

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 6:38am
post #62 of 95

omg yall...i sent pics of my cookies to school w/ my sister...i got orders for 76 cookies...YAY!!!!! im sooooooooo happy!!! just had to share w/ some peopl who would understand my excitment!!!!

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 9:45pm
post #63 of 95

Everyone's cookies are so great! TiffTurtle- congratulations on your orders!! I finally have some cookies to add to the cookie club....I made these for a cookie exchange at my women's club meeting today- and I got orders for more (woo-hoo)!!
LL
LL

sweetamber Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 9:57pm
post #64 of 95

I have a question about the rules...

"Please do not post monthly theme cookies to your personal album or cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired. The reason for this is that as a group we all decided each picture must be new and not previously uploaded to the Galleries. Seeing that we have no way of knowing when pictures were uploaded this will help to prevent any squabbles about people using previously uploaded pictures. "

In the gallery, doesn't it give the date uploaded now? Can we change this rule? Please? I don't have very many pics in the gallery and am impatient to add some more!

Amber

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 10:05pm
post #65 of 95

sweetamber, your snowflakes are gorgeous! I have that set of cutters too, but mine weren't as pretty as yours.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 10:06pm
post #66 of 95

Oh, my! Those cookie cutters would scare me to death, but they came out so beautifully.
This has turned out to be a very interesting thread.
MORE COOKIES, MORE COOKIES!!! Image

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:21am
post #67 of 95

sweetamber... WHERE did you get those cutters!?! I must have them!!! Your cookies are fantastic!!!

sweetamber Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:52am
post #68 of 95

Thanks for all the compliments! Melvira- I used a single copper cutter (bought at a specialty shop in Florida) and an 8 piece set that I got from King Arthur Flour at www.bakerscatalogue.com . They no longer sell that set, they only have a smaller one, but I did find an 8 piece set direct from the manufacturer:

http://www.randm.us/products.asp?ccid=19#"

You'll have to scroll almost all the way to the bottom of the page, but it's there icon_wink.gif . It's slightly different than the one I have, but close enough! Here is what my cutters look like
LL

sweetamber Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:54am
post #69 of 95

ps- the item # for the cutter set is 1989-02...that might help you find it easier!

Amber

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:41am
post #70 of 95

wow sweetamber those snowflakes are super!! I would like to know how you transport them...are they as sturdy for you as regular ones or do you have to do something special?

Jullia

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:46am
post #71 of 95

Thanks for the info sweetamber!! Those are so gorgeous! Kudos to you.

sweetamber Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:51am
post #72 of 95

Thanks! I use a rolled shortbread recipe for them (sorry- can't share that one folks!) and they are amazingly sturdy and tender at the same time. A soft cookie might be a little trickier though.

Does anyone else agree with me about the rule change or am I the only one?

Amber

momsandraven Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 8:54pm
post #73 of 95

I have a 5 pc. cutter set that includes some of these. I made a batch using NFSC to take to my Mom's house last weekend and they held up just fine. No special handling required. Here'a a link to the set that I have:

http://www.cookiecutter.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=682&HS=1

I love that they come in the tin, I worry less about them getting bent in my bin that way!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 9:02pm
post #74 of 95

Dopey me! dunce.gif It never occurred to me that the inside openings were from tiny cutters like that. I guess I just assumed they were all one piece. It makes a lot more sense now. Thank you for the info.
I don't know who makes the rules. I'd like the 3 picture rule amended, myself. Several people have wanted to post more than that.

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 11:02pm
post #75 of 95

Here is my latest experiment. They are some dipped oreos that have dreidels "imbedded" in them. Obviously, the ones with white and dark chocolate together are my favorite.

Kathi
LL

momsandraven Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 4:45am
post #76 of 95

Those are very pretty kathyik! And YUMMM!! Oreos!! thumbs_up.gif

Alison01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alison01 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 12:22am
post #77 of 95

Well, I FINALLY tried the NFSC and Antonio's icing! These are my first decorated cookies ever! I made these for my daughter's Kindergarten class Christmas party! They were a big hit!!! I think I've found a new addiction!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

Yjudania Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yjudania Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 12:37am
post #78 of 95

Great cookies, everyone!!
The snowflakes, the oreos (yum!), and Alison01's great snowmen...fantastic!!

Alison01 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 12:46am
post #79 of 95

Wow..I love those snowflakes! I think I'm going to have to order those cutters!!! All the other cookies are great too!

momsandraven Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 12:49am
post #80 of 95

Alison01,
I'm glad to see that your first try at decorating cookies was a success! Your snowmen look so cute. icon_smile.gif I'll bet the kids in the class LOVED finding the snowman with their name on it. thumbs_up.gif

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 2:11pm
post #81 of 95

Heres my first contribution to the monthly cookie event. I've baked tons of cookies but these are my favorites because of the colors.

ETA - would help if I actually attached the picture icon_redface.gif
LL

giovanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giovanna Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:04pm
post #82 of 95

These are NFSC with Antonia's royal icing, MMF or both icon_smile.gif
LL
LL
LL

sweetamber Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 5:26pm
post #83 of 95

Alison01 and zoraya- both of your snowmen cookies are so cute!

giovanna, I love the sparkle you added to your snowflakes! Is it luster dust or edible glitter or what?

Amber

giovanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giovanna Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:37pm
post #84 of 95

Thank you icon_smile.gif

I used luster dust on the white snowflakes but you can't really see that from the pictures, and the blue snowflakes have the edible wilton sparkle stuff.

Alison01 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 11:32pm
post #85 of 95

zoraya - I love those colors you used on the snowmen & mittens!

giovanna - I'm just in love with snowflakes! very pretty!

oolala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oolala Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 5:13pm
post #86 of 95

Here is mine for this Christmas 2006 :
LL

Yjudania Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yjudania Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 9:16pm
post #87 of 95

oolala, your name fits those cookies perfectly!! Is that molded fondant or what?

oolala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oolala Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 10:00pm
post #88 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yjudania

oolala, your name fits those cookies perfectly!! Is that molded fondant or what?

Thank you, yes they are molded fondant. all of it. icon_smile.gif

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 7:00am
post #89 of 95

My contribution to the cookie club.
LL
LL
LL

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 25 Dec 2006 , 1:36am
post #90 of 95

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been sharing their cookies this month. You are all very talented.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%