Faberge Egg; How Much Would You Charge??

Decorating By aundron Updated 10 Oct 2011 , 4:30pm by shanter

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 8

Have a customer who wants a cake to look like a Faberge Egg Lily of The Valley; how much would you charge??

http://www.bslhome.com/product/decorative-accessories/502227/faberge-imperial-lily-valley-egg-triple-frame.html

Oh, and for all responses, I truly appreciate it and thank you for your help!! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 8

how big does it need to be will determine the pricing, along with what type of cake/filling/icing. For all of the detail on this I would start with a minimum of $6-8/serving. No matter what the size though I would have a minimum of $75-100 on this just because of the detail involved.

Oh and my price per serving is figured on how many people the cake would have served BEFORE I start carving away it. This helps cover additional time and all of the wasted product I am carving away.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 8

Well, I was going to use the 3D Egg Pan to start with, that way, I wouldn't have to do any major carving; save me a little time!!

It's only for about 8 people, but she doesn't want it too small. The egg pan takes 1 cake mix, so that's about 15 people!! I charge 3.00 per serving for fondant, so that would be about 45.00 for just servings, but the detail is another story!! icon_eek.gif Plus, I will probably have to buy a stand.

I was going to say 155.00; is that too low??

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 8

if you are going to have to buy a stand specifically for this cake and you do not plan on using it for another cake (meaning you would not use it on a regular occasion other than an egg cake etc...) then I would make sure your cost of the stand is included in the price and not in your overhead.

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 8

Well, the decorations are beautiful, I would do it in RI and paint with Luster Dust and vodka... but I prefer RI.. so it would only take me a few hours to do those... If you're good with sugarpaste flowers, maybe that would take less time. All this is my round about way of saying Time=Money.

what about the frames on top? Does she want pictures, or just the egg with the lillies? It will be neat to do, don't forget to post pictures. That will look great in your portfolio...

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by aundron

Have a customer who wants a cake to look like a Faberge Egg Lily of The Valley; how much would you charge??

http://www.bslhome.com/product/decorative-accessories/502227/faberge-imperial-lily-valley-egg-triple-frame.html

Oh, and for all responses, I truly appreciate it and thank you for your help!! icon_biggrin.gif

The link no longer works. Do you have an updated link?

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 4:02pm
post #7 of 8

I can't get to the link either. LOL I just realized this thread was from 2007-maybe that's why? Bummer because I would have liked to have seen it!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%