Tips - For These Cupcakes

Decorating By SugarMoonCakeCo Updated 9 May 2008 , 5:45pm by mrsbink

SugarMoonCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 13

hello!

i am curious which tip was used to make the hydrangea flowers for the cupcakes on this website

also, it looks like the roses were made petal by petal (not with a 1M tip) - think so? must be why they charge $6/rose!

quite beautiful cupcakes i must say!

http://www.thecupcakeshoppe.ca/gallery.htm

thanks for your help!

12 replies
Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 13

Looks like a 104 to me... just angled different ways...

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 13

or the 102 a smaller version of the 104

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 13

Yes, maybe 102... good idea.

SugarMoonCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 13

so with a 102 you just squeeze and stop? move & repeat?

i didn't realize you could make so many different flowers from a rose tip

just found out about carnations too...

i've never taken a wilton class, so my 'tip' knowledge is limited!

thanks!

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 13

I am leaning toward tip 1M. You set the tip right on the cupcake and this is the way it comes out. I have made similar ones to these with this tip. As far as the rose I am not sure what tip was used but it looks like one of the larger ones. They are so pretty! Good luck!
Faye

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 13

First of all, I cannot believe that they charge so much for such an easy decoration on a cupcake!

The roses are just the rose tip going around and around until you reach the edge...I wish I could charge $6 for that, I'd be rollin' in the dough!--or icing as it were.

The hydrangeas are just another tip that I used on a beginner cake when I took Wilton classes, I cannot remember what tip it was..It's like the #33 tip for drop flowers. Super easy to use and it looks like they striped the bag with two different colors. Easy to do and again, I think they are charging a lot for their cupcakes. I think I need to change fields!!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 13

For roses that fill the entire top of a regular-sized cupcake, I use tip 127 - the big rose tip. I usually start the center on a flower nail, then transfer it and add the last few rows while it is on the cupcake. Love the hydrangeas. This is a Canadian site - prices would be slightly lower numbers in USD.

meancat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meancat Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 11:26pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin01

First of all, I cannot believe that they charge so much for such an easy decoration on a cupcake!

The roses are just the rose tip going around and around until you reach the edge...I wish I could charge $6 for that, I'd be rollin' in the dough!--or icing as it were.

The hydrangeas are just another tip that I used on a beginner cake when I took Wilton classes, I cannot remember what tip it was..It's like the #33 tip for drop flowers. Super easy to use and it looks like they striped the bag with two different colors. Easy to do and again, I think they are charging a lot for their cupcakes. I think I need to change fields!!

I know right!! If you think that is bad - also check out. www.sprinkles.com Their prices are just as bad for bad looking cupcakes! I was shocked!

Dru329 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dru329 Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:37am
post #10 of 13

Yippy! I found these cupcakes today and wanted to make these for my mom for mother's day...good thing I found this post because I was wondering the same thing about the tip. THANKS!

CoveredInCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoveredInCake Posted 9 May 2008 , 9:52am
post #11 of 13

It just looks like drop flowers to me too. The big rose is cool, I made mine with the largest rose petal tip.

Thanks for the tip ibmoser! I never thought of starting on a nail and moving it. That has to be easier than what I was doing. icon_smile.gif

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:17pm
post #12 of 13

I just did cupcakes to make bouqets... they were so top heavy when I put them on the sticks into the styrafoam the whole top of the cupcake fell off. icon_sad.gif Go with the smaller tip always... lol..

mrsbink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbink Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:45pm
post #13 of 13

they look like the drop flowers made with a 2D tip to me. It's a big closed star tip, whereas the 1M is the big open star tip. I think... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%