Tips - For These Cupcakes

Decorating By SugarMoonCakeCo Updated 9 May 2008 , 5:45pm by mrsbink

SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 13

hello!

i am curious which tip was used to make the hydrangea flowers for the cupcakes on this website

also, it looks like the roses were made petal by petal (not with a 1M tip) - think so? must be why they charge $6/rose!

quite beautiful cupcakes i must say!

http://www.thecupcakeshoppe.ca/gallery.htm

thanks for your help!

12 replies
Jopalis Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 13

Looks like a 104 to me... just angled different ways...

Ladivacrj Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 13

or the 102 a smaller version of the 104

Jopalis Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 13

Yes, maybe 102... good idea.

SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 13

so with a 102 you just squeeze and stop? move & repeat?

i didn't realize you could make so many different flowers from a rose tip

just found out about carnations too...

i've never taken a wilton class, so my 'tip' knowledge is limited!

thanks!

fmcmulle Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 13

I am leaning toward tip 1M. You set the tip right on the cupcake and this is the way it comes out. I have made similar ones to these with this tip. As far as the rose I am not sure what tip was used but it looks like one of the larger ones. They are so pretty! Good luck!
Faye

melvin01 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 13

First of all, I cannot believe that they charge so much for such an easy decoration on a cupcake!

The roses are just the rose tip going around and around until you reach the edge...I wish I could charge $6 for that, I'd be rollin' in the dough!--or icing as it were.

The hydrangeas are just another tip that I used on a beginner cake when I took Wilton classes, I cannot remember what tip it was..It's like the #33 tip for drop flowers. Super easy to use and it looks like they striped the bag with two different colors. Easy to do and again, I think they are charging a lot for their cupcakes. I think I need to change fields!!

ibmoser Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 13

For roses that fill the entire top of a regular-sized cupcake, I use tip 127 - the big rose tip. I usually start the center on a flower nail, then transfer it and add the last few rows while it is on the cupcake. Love the hydrangeas. This is a Canadian site - prices would be slightly lower numbers in USD.

meancat Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 11:26pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin01

First of all, I cannot believe that they charge so much for such an easy decoration on a cupcake!

The roses are just the rose tip going around and around until you reach the edge...I wish I could charge $6 for that, I'd be rollin' in the dough!--or icing as it were.

The hydrangeas are just another tip that I used on a beginner cake when I took Wilton classes, I cannot remember what tip it was..It's like the #33 tip for drop flowers. Super easy to use and it looks like they striped the bag with two different colors. Easy to do and again, I think they are charging a lot for their cupcakes. I think I need to change fields!!

I know right!! If you think that is bad - also check out. www.sprinkles.com Their prices are just as bad for bad looking cupcakes! I was shocked!

Dru329 Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:37am
post #10 of 13

Yippy! I found these cupcakes today and wanted to make these for my mom for mother's day...good thing I found this post because I was wondering the same thing about the tip. THANKS!

CoveredInCake Posted 9 May 2008 , 9:52am
post #11 of 13

It just looks like drop flowers to me too. The big rose is cool, I made mine with the largest rose petal tip.

Thanks for the tip ibmoser! I never thought of starting on a nail and moving it. That has to be easier than what I was doing. icon_smile.gif

kimmyboo925 Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:17pm
post #12 of 13

I just did cupcakes to make bouqets... they were so top heavy when I put them on the sticks into the styrafoam the whole top of the cupcake fell off. icon_sad.gif Go with the smaller tip always... lol..

mrsbink Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:45pm
post #13 of 13

they look like the drop flowers made with a 2D tip to me. It's a big closed star tip, whereas the 1M is the big open star tip. I think... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%