Lambeth..pastry Mix?

Decorating By Aimeestrange Updated 28 Sep 2007 , 3:57pm by Aimeestrange

Aimeestrange Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimeestrange Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:20am
post #1 of 4

Ok so I want to try the Black Walnut Ring in my Lambeth book- and it specifies which Danish Pastry recipe to use. My only question is, when it comes to the ingredients listed to make the pastry- what on earth is he referring to when it says "pastry mix?" And where would one even begin to find Malt extract?

icon_cry.gif

So if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them! Thanks in advance! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 4

I have been thinking the same, eventually giving up and just using my own danish pastry base modified to resemble his.. really a shame because all the recipes I tried from the book are mouthwatering good.

Malt extract - I believe it refers to maltose. Maybe you can find it online?

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 4

I tried to google pastry mix, but I didn't have much luck in getting an answer as to what it is. Maybe it can be found in the baking aisle with flours?? Sorry I can't be of more help, but I would also like to know what the heck it is.

As for malt extract, when I googled this, I got a lot of stuff for home beer brewing? I hope maybe this will be of help. Good luck.

Aimeestrange Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimeestrange Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 4

Thanksicon_smile.gif I was thinking of using a modified danish mix as well, but thought I'd ask around before I gave up to quickly icon_razz.gif Hmm, I will have to check out the maltose.

THanks a bunch icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%