Urgent- Calling Rice Krispy Treat Users....

Decorating By anku Updated 27 Sep 2007 , 10:15pm by prterrell

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 4

Well... I'm planning to mold Base,Tennis and Golf balls with Rice Krispy treats. This will be mine first time doing this.
Ok so, my questions and clarifications are:
1. Are Rice cakes and Rice Krispy treats the same?
2/ Is it better to make the recipe(shown on the ceral box) that to buy Krispy cakes to mold?
3. How do you go about doing it?????
I tried with the rice cakes...but they are so brittle....I can't get them in any kind of shape icon_cry.gif Am I suppose to mix it with anything???
Also, if I make my own Rice Krispy treats...do I have to wait till its cold or there's a special time(in terms of consistency) when I should start molding???/

Please help! icon_cry.gif I'm loosing it...as I have a cake to be delivered tommorow!!!

Thanks in advance.

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 4
duhknees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duhknees Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 4

Oh my gosh. icon_smile.gif Relax and take a deep breath...... No, rise krispie treats aren't the same thing as rice cakes. Stop with the rice cakes. Haha, you could perhaps use them as coasters? Or Flying disc's so your not wasting money.

Making them are very simple, just follow the box (although i usually add more butter than called for because that is just my preference) and make sure that you use name brand marshmallows, ive tried the cheap kind and it just turned out bad for me

You'll need to wait till they have cooled a bit so they wont fall apart, but dont let em get to stiff.

I hope this helps? Can't wait to see the cakes when complete!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 4

Just adding to what the PP said - I just wait until they've cooled enough to where I won't burn my hands molding them. I also spray my hands with PAM before beginning to mold them so they don't stick to my hands.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%