Bundt Cake Request

Baking By CharMarBoBar Updated 9 Oct 2007 , 1:25am by CharMarBoBar

CharMarBoBar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharMarBoBar Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 6

I want to use my overlooked bundt cake pan, but I want to make something with a tunnel (like the tunnel of fudge). Was wondering if anyone had any other recipes like this one?! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:12am
post #2 of 6

There is a recipe I made in the Cake Mix doctor book. I've made it before and all you do is put a little over half of your chocolate batter in the pan, cook non-instant pudding on the stove with some butter, spoon that on top, and put the rest of the batter on top. If I can't find the recipe online right quick, I'll post it tomorrow. Bedtime. OK I can't find it.

PROMISE I'll post tomorrow.

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:23am
post #3 of 6

That sounds really good. I am going to look for it in my Cake Doctor book.

Yummy...

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 6

Here it is...

Quick Tunnel of Fudge Cake

Filling:
1 1/2 cups milk
1 package (3.4 ounnces) chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter

Place milk in medium-size sauce pan and whisk in the pudding mix. Cook, stirring over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and stir in chocolate chips and butter. Stir until the pudding is smooth and thickened and the chocolate has melted. Set the pan aside.

Cake:
Vegetable oil spray for misting the pan
Flour for dusting the pan
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix with pudding
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups finely chopped walnuts (*I don't use these*)

Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly mist a 12-cup bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Set pan aside.

Place cake mix, oil, sour cream, water, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low for a minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 more minutes. Fold in walnuts, making sure they are well distributed throughout the batter.

Reserve 2 cups of the batter. Pour the remaining batter into the prepared pan. Spoon the pudding filling in a ring on top of the batter, making sure it does not touch the sides of the pan. Spoon the reserved batter over the filling, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula Place the pan in the oven.

Bake until the cake springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and is just starting to pull away from the sides of the pan, 45-50 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a rack to cool completely, 20 minutes more. (*I let it cool about 5 minutes, flip it onto a rack and let it cool*)

Martha's Chocolate Icing

1 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup whole milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Place sugar, butter, and milk in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the mixture comes to a boil, 3 to 4 minutes. Still stirring, let the mixture boil until sugar dissolves, 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.

Stir in chocolate chips, and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate has melted.

Spread the icing over cooled cake.

*The pudding usually sinks to the bottom. She says it is supposed to stay in the middle, but it doesn't. It's still really good. I have used a strawberry cake mix with vanilla pudding and white chocolate icing, which was also good.*

CharMarBoBar Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:24am
post #5 of 6

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....that sounds delicious! Nice change to the whole chocolate deal! I can't wait to try that out now!!

Thanks alot!! icon_biggrin.gif

CharMarBoBar Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:25am
post #6 of 6

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....that sounds delicious! Your flavor choices sound like a nice change to the whole chocolate deal! I can't wait to try that out now!!

Thanks alot!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%