Can Anyone Help?

Decorating By cherrychacha Updated 1 Aug 2005 , 3:18am by cherrychacha

cherrychacha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrychacha Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 5

I accidently volunteered myself to decorate a friend's 50th birthday cake. I wanted it to be special, but I have almost no experience in cake decorating, save for lessons about 6 years ago. I remember almost nothing. Is there someone who can help me come up with an easy way to make her cake look great?

Thanks,
Kelsey

4 replies
loree001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loree001 Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 2:32am
post #2 of 5

Kelsey, I'm not sure what 'theme' you had in mind, but you could check out Pfeil and Holing or other such cake decorations sights, they have premade gumpaste flowers, etc., that might just be the ticket for someone with little experience...just a thought!

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 2:50am
post #3 of 5

How about covering a cake with marshmallow fondant (recipe on this website) then decorate with real or artifcial flowers and ribbon around the base? There would be no need to make elaborate decorations or edges, just cover and go! There are pictures on here also to give you ideas, as I'm sure you've found them~in the "galleries" tab on top of this page.

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 2:51am
post #4 of 5

Here is the link to the Marshmallow Fondant and how to cover your cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/article47-How-to-Make-and-Decorate-with-Marshmallow-Fondant-MMF.html

cherrychacha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrychacha Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 3:18am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%