ladyonzlake Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 8:37pm
post #1 of

I'm making a cheer cake to feed over 100 people and I made the Moussaline Buttercream (it's IMB) from the Cake Bible and added the Cake Bible strawberry puree....oh...YUM, YUM!! I'm in heaven!!!

I'm making the cheer cake from Wilton but I didn't have a square pan so I'm using a double layer 12x18 sheet pan and stacking on top of it a double layer 11x15 sheet pan (should feed 132 people). What do you think? Will it look okay?

Jacqui

15 replies
ladyonzlake Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:15pm
post #2 of

This is weird. I'm not seeing my post on the home page?

ladyonzlake Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:20pm
post #3 of

Ooops....now it's there.

KHalstead Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:21pm
post #4 of

sounds delicious..........not sure what a cheer cake is though!

sugarlaced Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:24pm
post #5 of

Sounds YUMMY!! Please do post the Icing Recipe in the Recipes here on CC.

NoviceBaker2 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:27pm
post #6 of

Do you have a picture you could post of the cheer cake from Wilton? The cake itself sounds divine! icon_smile.gif As long as a cake tastes good looks come in last so don't worry to much I'm sure it will turn out just fine!

mthiberge Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 9:28pm
post #7 of

I think it will look fine and it sounds delicious!!

ladyonzlake Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 10:24pm
post #8 of

I'm sorry when I said "cheer" cake I meant it will have cheerleaders on it. It will be a yellow cake with the delicious strawberry buttercream and IMB.
Jacqui

lauramw71 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 11:24pm
post #9 of

Oh dang, i would LOVE to have the strawberry buttercream icing recipe!!! That makes me drool just thinking bout it LOL

suz3 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 11:31pm

I would love to have the recipe also. I have a really good friend who works for Child Welfare. She loves strawberry cake. There just aren't too many good reipes. I'd love to make her a cake with that icing. She really has a difficult job and I try to give her a cake to brighten her day a little.

daltonam Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 2:24am

i want the recipe--please PM me please

ladyonzlake Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 2:56pm

This recipe is in "The Cake Bible". If you don't have it you need to put in on your Christmast wish list! For the frosting you can use any IMB recipe. For the Strawberry Puree:

Makes 1 1/4 Cups

20 oz. Frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
2 tsps lemon juice, freshly sqeezed
Optional: 1/4 Cup sugar

Place frozen berries in a strainer over a deep bowl to thaw completely. Press if necessary, to force out the juice. You should have close to 1 1/4 Cups ( Your kitchen will smell so good from the fragrance of the strawberries)
In a microwave bowl on high, boil juice to reduce to 1/4 Cup. You can use a sauce pan but she says the microwave produces the purest flavor.
In a food processor puree the strawberries. You should have about 1 cup. Stir in the lemon juice and syrup. If you want to sweeten it add the sugar.
I added 2 cups of the puree to 8 cups of buttercream. YUM!

MrsAB Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 3:01pm

Thanks for posting the recipe. I can't wait to try it!

daltonam Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 4:19pm

oh thanks-yummy

sugarlaced Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 5:00pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyonzlake

This recipe is in "The Cake Bible". If you don't have it you need to put in on your Christmast wish list! For the frosting you can use any IMB recipe. For the Strawberry Puree:

Makes 1 1/4 Cups

Place frozen berries in a strainer over a deep bowl to thaw completely. Press if necessary, to force out the juice. You should have close to 1 1/4 Cups ( Your kitchen will smell so good from the fragrance of the strawberries)
In a microwave bowl on high, boil juice to reduce to 1/4 Cup. You can use a sauce pan but she says the microwave produces the purest flavor.
In a food processor puree the strawberries. You should have about 1 cup. Stir in the lemon juice and syrup. If you want to sweeten it add the sugar.

Don't mean to sound stupid, but what is IMB?? Italian Meringue? If so, is there a recipe for that in the "Cake Bible"? I am going to Books-A-Million this weekend to get it, call it an early present for myself.LOL

sugarlaced Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 5:24pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyonzlake

Makes 1 1/4 Cups

Don't mean to sound stupid, but what is IMB?? Italian Meringue? If so, is there a recipe for that in the "Cake Bible"? I am going to Books-A-Million this weekend to get it, call it an early present for myself.LOL

Bump!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%