I Need Tips, Help, Anything!!!!

Decorating By simplysweet72740 Updated 27 Sep 2007 , 4:44pm by simplysweet72740

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 3:48am
post #1 of 10

I am making possibly the biggest cake of my career and its all free because I donated it!! They condemed the original High School in my town and they are wanting to tear it down and its very emotional for the people who went there and live here. Anyways next weekend is the 55th class reunion and the last class to graduate there!! I think its class of 1953. I am replicating the original building and its a suprise for the class so I want it to be very special. If anyone can give me pointers, tips, anything so I can make this work I would appreciate it!!! Thanks Brandi

9 replies
simplysweet72740 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 4:09am
post #2 of 10

Anyone??? Here are the pictures of the building!!!
LL
LL
LL

simplysweet72740 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 4:25am
post #3 of 10

I am sad anybody rarely answers me??? Tear!!!

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 9:24am
post #4 of 10

I imagine most people are sleeping. Give them a chance. I haven't seen CC member go without. icon_smile.gif
I don't have a clue but good luck with it,
Susie

ariun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ariun Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 9:37am
post #5 of 10

The shape looks pretty regular, so I'd say do sheet cakes, stack, freeze and cut off the bits that don't look like the overall shape of the school. Then ice and decorate.

Looks like a big project -- better get started soon, and have fun! thumbs_up.gif

erimsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erimsy Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:52am
post #6 of 10

BAKE SQUARE CAKES AND TRIM, ASMALLER SQUARE AS THE BACK PANELING , DOWEL RODS FOR WRAPED IN FONDANT AS PILLERS, USE GUM PASTE FOR ROOF. I HOPE THIS HELPS, DOUG WHERE ARE YOU, YOU ALWAYS HAVE SKETCHES FOR SOME THING LIKE THIS. GOODLUCK SIMPLYSWEETS72740

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:12am
post #7 of 10

I agree with it looks pretty rectangular and shouldn't cause you TOO much grief. Make your fondant in the brownish color and use the impression mats-that will be the easiest to replicate the brick. I agree to cover pillars with fondant and using gumpaste for the roof. I would probably try to carve it ALL though and have problems later. icon_biggrin.gif

You can lay windows on with black fondant and pipe details with RI. It will be very time consuming I'm sure, but worth it when that last class enjoys your work. I can't wait to see it!

And for the record...I was definitely sleeping. icon_wink.gif

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:15am
post #8 of 10

Hi Simplysweet72740,
It looks like the main building is a rectangle so I would bake 12x18's and stack. then if you have that stand up house pan I would do that for the part on the back the one in your first picture. For the roofs of the porches you could bake a square and cut it in half diagonally for the roof. I would use pillars and cover them in brown fondant (This is the kind of thing I use wilton fondant for it's cheap and since no one is going to eat it it doesn't matter that it doesn't taste good (I use Satin Ice for edible things)
I don't think you mentioned in your post how many people they are expecting to come?
Hope this gives you some good ideas thumbs_up.gif
Jibbies

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 1:05pm
post #9 of 10

Good Morning! The building has so many details. I have a fast and easy way for you. Take a look at my Alamo cake. I stacked rectangular layers and carved the general outline of the building. Using an edible image on a frosting sheet of the Alamo all I had to do is attach it and add the BC accents like vines and such. If you need help with an image please let me know.

simplysweet72740 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 4:44pm
post #10 of 10

THANKS EVERYONE I REALLY APPRECIATE THE TIPS!!! I guess I didn't realize how late it was!!! Sorry!! But Thanks again all these tips sound great!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%